Home Sports Talk
Options

Is this possible?

WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
Not being a lawyer I'd like to throw this out there.

Arod was allowed to opt out of his contract after the series ended. He did so before. Is it possible that MLB and the Yankess can say after the 10th day that he opted out in violation of the written contract and claim he never opted out thus forcing this into court? I would love for someone to stand up to that arse.

just a thought.

I would assume that he broke the contract by declaring his intention too early.

Steve
Good for you.

Comments

• Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Fantastic conspiracy theory.

Seriously, I think it has legs.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I think the Yankees are glad to get rid of him, if they were not Im sure they would find a legal way to tell him to sit down and shut his mouth.
  • Options
    Perk I guess we will find out in 10 days. I agree, I too believe that they are glad to be rid of him.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    great point!

the yankees waited to announce their manager until after the series, they followed protocol...

i think AROD will come crawling back to the yanks after no team offers what he thinks he is worth?

DID AROD CURE A DISEASE or HELP PEOPLE GET OUT OF PAIN? NO, then why is he being paid like a HERO? HES A BUM!!

he hits HRS when the games out of reach, against the worst bullpen pitchers..

he never had a HR off a top closer to win a game....

MR MAY, opposite of mr OCT or MR NOV.....
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought Arod had up to ten days after the WS ended to opt out. He simply opted out during the "up to" period and that's the end of the story. He could have opted out right after the last NYY game.
  • Options
    Barn u contradicted yourself, he had from when the WS ended up till 10 days, How is that the last NY game? Last I heard NY was not in the WS.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>Barn u contradicted yourself, he had from when the WS ended up till 10 days, How is that the last NY game? Last I heard NY was not in the WS.

Steve >>

not really...I never stated that he had a start period or opt-out window equal to the ending of the WS. "Up to ten days after the WS" does not require that someone wait until the WS has ended. He could have done it before the WS started and still would have opted out during the period that is "up to ten days after the WS ended.
  • Options
    TreetopTreetop Posts: 1,474
    He didn't make the announcment. Boras did. He has no control over that. Let the Yankees sue Boras
    Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • Options
    I don't think A-Rod OFFICIALLY opt-ed out of his contract during Game 4. Boras announced that he was going to. I believe this is why Hank Steinbrenner said he will wait till he saw the official paperwork. I don't know if the actual date that he opted out has ever been released.
    Looking for Los Angeles/California/Anaheim Angels in PSA 8 or better
  • Options

<< <i>He didn't make the announcment. Boras did. He has no control over that. Let the Yankees sue Boras >>

a·gent /ˈeɪdʒənt/ Pronunciation Key - [ey-juhnt] Pronunciation Key -
    –noun 1. a person or business authorized to act on another's behalf
  • Options
    Im confused what exactly does After the series Ended mean then?

and his agent speaks for him.....

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Rodriguez signed a 10 year contract. After completeing seven seasons he had the option to terminate the contract. The deadline to was 10 days after the conclusion of the World Series. Your assumption that he could not declare his intention before the World Series ended is wrong
    Tom
  • Options
    TomGshotput said it perfectly ^^^

Furthermore, ARod didn't opt out during the WS. He just announced that he was going to opt out.

The actual "act" of opting out took place after the WS was already over.

Pretty simple.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>TomGshotput said it perfectly ^^^

Furthermore, ARod didn't opt out during the WS. He just announced that he was going to opt out.

Pretty simple. >>

Actually, that may not be true... It all depends on interpreting the Contract, which none of us have seen.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>TomGshotput said it perfectly ^^^

Pretty simple. >>

Actually, that may not be true... It all depends on interpreting the Contract, which none of us have seen. >>

You are right, it all depends on the wording of the contract.

I haven't seen ARods specific contract with the Yankees...

But from all the other contracts I have seen before, they all require player opt out notices to be in written form and delivered to the team's agent.

So I am just basing my assumption on previous player contracts that I have seen.
  • Options
    Ahhh now I understand, the statement was not the official opt out.....ok

I was under the impression that it was.

that all he had to do was verbally say he wanted out.

<nevermind>

Steve
    Good for you.