Home Sports Talk
Options

Any Colts Fans? Sig-Line Bet Time!!

ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
Winner gets to choose a sig-line image for the loser to sport for a month following Super Bowl 41.5 next Sunday.

Any takers? Anybody? Bueller?

Comments

• Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    You pansies are 7-0 and have been lighting everyone up and you can only come here and offer a sig line bet against the only decent team you will face all year?
    What a crock. Are the patsies for real or not...this game is money only. JS
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,901 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You pansies are 7-0 and have been lighting everyone up and you can only come here and offer a sig line bet against the only decent team you will face all year?
    What a crock. Are the patsies for real or not...this game is money only. JS >>

Yea sure, and guys like Calvin Ayre from Bodog will clean up from getting 10% juice from the bettors who lose the "coin flip" against the spread.

And ya gotta be nuts to bet real money with anyone on the internet, even if you did some card trades/buying off of them. Plain & simple a bad idea - the internet is rampant with sports betting welchers.

Besides, if you're a real sports fan of a team who truly cares about their team, losing a sigline bet to me is more painful than losing some money.

-
  • Options
    The spread is moving toward 6, and the money line is already over two to one
    Tom
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    It's not even gonna be close. It will be total domination.

Pats 45

Colts 13
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,461 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It's not even gonna be close. It will be total domination.

Pats 45

Colts 13 >>

wow, I'm a Pats fan and I don't think it will be that one-sided. I sure hope I am wrong!
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>It's not even gonna be close. It will be total domination.

Pats 45

Colts 13 >>

wow, I'm a Pats fan and I don't think it will be that one-sided. I sure hope I am wrong! >>

In the post game interview the other night, Brady was talking about how they need every hour of the upcoming week to get ready for the Colts.

I dont know if it was just me but it looked like when he was saying that, he was trying not to bust out laughing image
  • Options
    Patriots are just so scary good right now. I mean it seemed to me that Indy was looking past that last game, and you would think that the Patriots would have also, but they still blew out the Redskins.

Everyone's talking about how this game could be similar to Miami beating the Bears in 85. Could be similar but Mike Ditka is no Bill Belichick. I think Belichick keeps 'em focused for this game.

But hey, the Colts aren't exactly chopped liver, so anything's possible.
  • Options
    Hey I will even give the spread, but what Colts fan would make me "pay" if they only beat the spread and still lost AT HOME?

My prediction: Pats, 35-17
  • Options
    Pats hands down no question. 45-33, but game is not as close as that sounds.
    My real question is does Bilichek let the first string play out the season and get the first real chance at an unbeaten season since Miami. Or do the Bench warmers come in for the last 3 or 4 games? And the Pats finish 12-4 or 13-3
    Neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options
    kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Pats hands down no question. 45-33, but game is not as close as that sounds.
    My real question is does Bilichek let the first string play out the season and get the first real chance at an unbeaten season since Miami. Or do the Bench warmers come in for the last 3 or 4 games? And the Pats finish 12-4 or 13-3
    Neil >>

I doubt he will have to option to rest the starters for 3-4 games. I think Indy challenge NE for home field and NE will only have about 2 weeks to rest starters. Judging by the last couple weeks though, I wouldn't be surprised if Brady was still slinging it on the last play of the season.

I also get the feeling that this will be a blowout. It doesn't seem to me like the Colts O is as potent as in past years. Not that it isn't good, just that it isn't what it once was. The Pats D is stout, and I see the Colts D as about the same level of the Redskins, which obviously does not bode well for them. The only thing that will keep this game close is the home field advantage.

I predict the Pats win 42-24
    Travis
  • Options
    drewsefdrewsef Posts: 1,894 ✭✭
    I'll be the first to bite and say Indianapolis is gonna win this game.
  • Options
    Amazing when you think about it...a team is the previous Super Bowl winner, they're 7 - 0 the next season, and they go into the next game as a dog AT HOME, and not even a small dog either. LOL
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,617 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You pansies are 7-0 and have been lighting everyone up and you can only come here and offer a sig line bet against the only decent team you will face all year?
    What a crock. Are the patsies for real or not...this game is money only. JS >>

Ok JS how much money are you willing to put up? Hopefully as big amount as your mouth image

Pats 34-21
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,461 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Pats hands down no question. 45-33, but game is not as close as that sounds.
    Neil >>

Belichick is doing his version of Sherman's March to the Sea this year...he has a chip on his shoulder and is daring someone to knock it off.
  • Options

Neil >>

So the Pats beat the Colts and then go 4-3 or 3-4? Who the heck are they going to lose to?

After they sew up home field (which may not be until the last or next to last game) Brady and most starters will play at least one half to stay sharp.
  • Options
    Still no takers, huh?

Although I do not know of any Colts fans who post here.