Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

1966 rub offs unopened packs

I collect them (individual players) and never saw them in unopened packs - I found this auction and was curious what you guys thought about them - any information would help -

Text

edit - to fix link...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
- uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...

Comments

• Options
    bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure exactly what you're asking. Those are regular 1966 packs with the rub-offs included as an insert. The rub-offs were never sold by themselves in some kind of pack (i.e., without regular cards).
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    Thanks - You are right I dont know what I am asking because I assumed these were just rub off packs - I stopped reading too early - thanks

- uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    jmoran19jmoran19 Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭
    those packs are not legit, probably created from scratch

Current obsession, all things Topps 1969 - 1972

• Options
    from the looks of the corners in the scan, those packs appear to have been very badly "re-manufactured."
    i would avoid these immediately & permanently.
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    thanks for your feedback - the user id kept private concerned me - the feedback concerned me and the story of the packs being from a show concerned me - as well as wrappers in another auction - although I would like to take a shot at these your red flags are enough for me to stay away - thanks!!

- uncut

• Options
    1neatstuff1neatstuff Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭
    those packs are 100% bad..stay awayimage
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    those are some of the WORST resealed packs I have ever seen!!! made from scratch for sure , they are worth whatever you would pay for the wrappers
  • Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    correct--bad packs--stay away
  • Options
    msassinmsassin Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭
    Mike - Don't forget as well that there is a crooked seller from the Camp Hill area that got in trouble a few years back for selling counterfeit Bazooka cards.