Home Sports Talk
Options

A-rod opts out

2»

Comments

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Shame on him and his agent for upstaging the Series with that anouncement, MLB should declare the annoucement null and void since it was made BEFORE he was allowed to do so. Make him announce his intentions again. Show him he is not above the game.

The rule is clear, a player may opt out or declare free agency AFTER the Series is over and up until 10 days from its completion. Not during the 6th inning of game four.

I suppose it was his way of finally getting mentioned during a World Series, God knows he never has and never will be in one.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    I'm with you on that one Steve! There are 2 major things that all the pay-Rod supporters keep neglecting to acknowlede:
    1) The guy may put up huge #'s in the regular season, but he is one of the biggest chokers of all time in the playoffs. The guy is 7-for-44 (.159) in his last 3 playoff appearances, with a pathetic (and meaningless) 1 HR & 1 RBI! No wonder his team lost all 3 of those series! The one playoff series he actually didn't choke in was the 2004 ALDS vs the Twins and his team won that in 4 games. Since then, he's choked and his team has lost... case closed!
    2) He's just a bad guy... he has done countless things that make him a cancer to any team he's on. Here's just a partial list:
    - Playoffs vs RedSox in 2004 when he "karate chops" the ball out of the Sox player's glove who was trying to tag him out on his way to first base. Bad enough to do this, but then the freakin idiot stands there and tries to deny it when replays from every angle clearly shows that his intent was to go out of his way and knock the ball out.
    3) He announces his opt out during the 2007 WS game 4 when cleary there is a rule against this. Another obvious attempt to garner media attention when he should be sitting at home on his arse asking himself when he choked yet again.
    - This year against the BlueJays when he screamed out while running the bases, causing the Jay's fielder to miss the catch. And yet again, the morron tries to deny that he did anything wrong.
    - Add to this all of his off-the-field antics, like cheating on his wife in public, trying to get Boeing to move from Seattle to Texas right after he signed his monster deal with the Rangers, and you simply have one of the biggest idiots/fools/buffoons/morrons/jackasses to play the game of baseball in my lifetime. The guy is simply bush-league... no two ways about it. Yes, I acknowledge his monster regular season numbers, but I submit that it's not worth taking all the other baggage with it. I've always said that no team with stray-Rod on it will win the series, mainly because he's a clubhouse disruption and chokes in the playoffs. Most teams that might sign him will have so much of their payroll invested in him, they will rely to heavily on the eventual choker to win in the post-season. The Yanks may have been the one exception to this with their monster line-up, but the curse of jerk-Rod even brought them to their knees!

Bottom line is that it is a very sad day for me. As a long-time yankee hater, it was so nice to be able to focus all my hate on them with A-rod. Now, I'm gonna have to split it up againimage

As to who he goes to, I'm praying it's anyone but the RedSox or Mariners. Don't know how I could stomach watching that jackass back on my Mariners... or Sox for that matter (my 2nd fav team). Realistically though, I think the M's are way to cheap to consider bringing that idiot back, but if they did, it would be the kiss of death for any potential Mariner success. In addition, it would be a monumental mistake for the RedSox to bring this guy in... even though they could afford it financially. They should not mess with the good chemistry they have built on that team by bringing in another head-case (heck... ain't Man-Ram enough already)?
    Jim G
    All-time favorite athletes:
    Steve Sax, Steve Garvey, Larry Bird, Jerry Rice, Joe Montana, Andre Agassi, Karch Kiraly, Wayne Gretzky, Ichiro Suzuki, Andres Galarraga, Greg Maddux.
    "Make the world a better place... punch both A-Rods in the face (Alex Rodriguez and Andy Roddick)!"
  • Options
    Without A-Rod this year the Yankees would have been equal to the Royals if not worse. Any team that doesn't want A-Rod is just plain foolish. Yes, he only hit 267 in the playoffs this year but without him there are no playoffs for the Yanks. Jeter hit 176 this post season but nobody says a word when he struggles in the post season.
  • Options

<< <i>Without A-Rod this year the Yankees would have been equal to the Royals if not worse. >>

Also, Jeter has done a lot of great things for us over the playoff years. That's why he gets a "pass". Arod has given us 1 RBI in his last 60 post season at bats. That's why he sucks.
  • Options
    aconteaconte Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭
    I'm with gem on this on. A-Rod stinks.....but hopefully he signs with the Phils to play 3rd base!

aconte
  • Options
    I really gotta say, i dont see how anyone can possibly say Arod sucks. It is pure emotion over riding logic.
    My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey