Home Sports Talk
Options

A-rod opts out

I know the Rangers are cheering over this news.. LOL

Comments

• Options
    hopefully the sox realize that they already have a classy, team oriented clutch 3rd baseman and dont waste their time or money on Afraud.
  • Options
    Good thing Arod's natural, best position is SS and not third base. Shows how little babyfett knows about baseball!

The best thing the Sox could do is sign Arod immediately to a 10 year 300 million deal to be their shortstop.
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Makes for good hot stove no matter where he signs.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    I say that the Marlins should sign him to a 10 year contract for $225 million. image

Get a break on the price per year by giving into the longevity of the deal.
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options

<< <i>I say that the Marlins should sign him to a 10 year contract for $225 million. image

Get a break on the price per year by giving into the longevity of the deal. >>

Hell Yeah!! Maybe we have a chance at Joe Torre also??? image
    PAVEL BURE "THE RUSSIAN ROCKET"

I am looking for ANY Pavel Bure cards you might be willing to sell off. Please just send me a PM if you do. Thanks!!

Successful Transactions with: bigfische, BobaFett72, Karb
  • Options
    someone definitely farted...phew.

Last time I checked the Sox already had a shorstop. He and Arod hit about the same this post-season too....

Someone should change their underwear, sounded like a wet one.
  • Options
    bwaha

babyfett thinks that Julio Lugo is as valuable as Arod.

A guy who batted .294 with 8 home runs? bwahahahaha

God you are clueless!!!

• Options
    sniff. sniff.
    there it is again.
  • Options
    Where is this story? Arod can't opt out until 10 days after the World Series.

Anyway the Yanks are trying to make him an offer right now. Talk is 5 year extension for $140 mill. Of course that's for starters.
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    wheres arod going?,andbody know? anywhere but yanks?i never heard this yet?
    randy
  • Options

<< <i>wheres arod going?,andbody know? anywhere but yanks?i never heard this yet?
    randy >>

He can't test free agency until 10 days after the World Series is over. I have no idea what Leiascards is talking about.
  • Options
    technically the world series was over before it started image does the 10 days start from back then :0 )
  • Options

<< <i>technically the world series was over before it started image does the 10 days start from back then :0 ) >>

Ok, but then still there's like 5 days left image.
  • Options
    good point. lol perhaps Leia has used her time machine to jump ahead, read the USA Today sports section and return.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    where's the little "BS Flag" icon?
  • Options

<< <i>where's the little "BS Flag" icon? >>

• Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    Here's hoping Arte Moreno bring him to the Halos.
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>where's the little "BS Flag" icon? >>

image >>

I just checked...yahoo sports is reporting this as truth. WOW! Capitalism is alive and well with Arod and $cott Bora$
  • Options
    I hope the Yankees remain true to their word & do not attempt to resign him. That's a lot of $$$$ and it can be better spent elsewhere. This is not to knock A-Rod, sa we would not have made the playoffs this year without his contributions. With Torre, A-Rod, probably Clemens & perhaps Mo, Jorge & Abreu, next year's Yankee team will be looking a lot different.
  • Options
    Its on msn.com and I believe the 10 days after the world series was the deadline, but didnt say anything about him being able to do it sooner. Either way it might be BS, I have a hard time thinking he would opt out before serious negotiations with the Yanks took place
  • Options
    RedHeart54RedHeart54 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭
    Is there any reason he wouldn't go to S.F.? The Giants are going to need a big draw as Bonds will not return and A-Rod is about as good a replacement as you can get.
  • Options
    breaking news on the WS telecast. confirmed
  • Options
    Ok they just announced it during the game. Amazing.
  • Options
    what germmint said, you type fast, im old , tripped over cat getting here lmao!
    randy
  • Options

<< <i>what germmint said, you type fast, im old , tripped over cat getting here lmao!
    randy >>

• Options

<< <i>
    I just checked...yahoo sports is reporting this as truth. WOW! Capitalism is alive and well with Arod and $cott Bora$ >>

Boras is the best in the business...I personally love the results he gets.

• Options
    rube, ive seen pictures of your cats! did you trip over the fat one image
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rodriguez opts out of contract with New York Yankees

By RONALD BLUM, AP Baseball Writer
    October 28, 2007

DENVER (AP) -- Alex Rodriguez opted out of his $252 million, 10-year contract with the Yankees on Sunday in what appears to be the end of his career with New York.

Rodriguez's decision, announced by agent Scott Boras during Game 4 of the World Series, makes him eligible to become a free agent.

Rodriguez loses the final $72 million in guaranteed salary in the contract, of which $21.3 million was to be covered by payments from the Texas Rangers to the Yankees. New York had said it would not attempt to re-sign A-Rod if he opted out.

Boras said during a telephone interview Rodriguez made his choice because he was uncertain whether Mariano Rivera, Jorge Posada and Andy Pettitte would return to the Yankees.

"Alex's decision was one based on not knowing what his closer, his catcher and one of his statured pitchers was going to do," Boras said. "He really didn't want to make any decisions until he knew what they were going."

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would love to see an infield at the new Citi Field with Arod, Reyes and Wright!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Hmmmm, interesting how it was announced in the later innings of what's very likely the last game of the WS.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    A-Rod is taking the spotlight away from the playoffs.

Real classy image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Anyone honestly believe the yankees won't be in the bidding war? Seriously? Who cares what was said by yankee management, the yanks will be there in the front of the pack.
  • Options
    yes lol , all 20 pounds of it lol, it kind blends in with carpet like a big fuzzy lump,it likes camo too,maybe a -rod to sf-they need a team,pretty well starting from scratch,i think maybe theyd like to have him, how long does he have to entertain offers from other teams,set amount or all winter?him and ichiro at mariners where he started would be killer too-double trouble

he s prob waiting to see whos else is leaving yanks-might be sick of george-ya can only take so much of him lol
  • Options
    Arod and Boras will sit back and watch the feeding frenzy and laugh their asses off.

Arod's next deal is going to make the one he received from Texas look small, and he's worth every penny. Performance on the field (2 MVPs in 4 years? Hello!) Increased attendance, increased ad revenue generated from increased ratings, etc. etc. the guy gets it done.

I can see SF, Boston, Anaheim, NYY, maybe even the Cubs all in trying to get him.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<<<< Boras said during a telephone interview Rodriguez made his choice because he was uncertain whether Mariano Rivera, Jorge Posada and Andy Pettitte would return to the Yankees.

"Alex's decision was one based on not knowing what his closer, his catcher and one of his statured pitchers was going to do," Boras said. "He really didn't want to make any decisions until he knew what they were going." >>>>>

Even for an agent, this is about the biggest crock of chit I've ever heard. LOL

• Options
    marinermariner Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Boras and ARod upstaging the last game of the Series during the game was a classless act. To them, it is all about them as if they are bigger than the most important event in the game.
    Don

Collect primarily 1959-1963 Topps Baseball
    set registry id Don Johnson Collection
    ebay id truecollector14
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Boras and ARod upstaging the last game of the Series during the game was a classless act. To them, it is all about them as if they are bigger than the most important event in the game. >>

In a sense, they are.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    GonblottGonblott Posts: 1,951 ✭✭

<< <i>Would love to see an infield at the new Citi Field with Arod, Reyes and Wright! >>

WOW! THAT WOULD BE GREAT!

I say Mets also get Jorge! I dunno who the Mets can get for 1st base, Carlos is good but someone better would be cool.

• Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    iIt would really be Poetic Justice if Arod signed with another team for LESS money. Teah BORE-ASS and A_Fraud a real lesson..where it hurts!
  • Options
    AROD on the METS..that would be great!

now that team will really fold when it counts!

LOL! happy day for Yankees fans! NA na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey GOODBYE!

Prima Dona ballplayers dont fit in NY yAnkee jersey, dont let the door hit you on your way out!
  • Options
    Yankees will miss the playoffs next year.

Arod the main reason they made it this year.

Unless they improve the starting pitching, they will be lucky to finish ahead of the Blue Jays.

Peace
    Trying to complete 1970 psa set.
    45% complete.
  • Options
    just because he opted out of the contract he was offered,he might still be in a yank uniform,or he might be sick of nutty george,sf has plenty of $ to build a team now that bonds is history,i dont see anyone beating down his door and hes the king lol-hell be getting more $ where ever he goes than he was getting you can count on that,hes gonna besigning the highest paid contract in sports,bank on it
    millions of $ to hit a ball is rediculous though,nobodys worth that much,theres a whole lot better thing the could do with it in the u.s. than pay all these high priced bellhops in all sports joe di gangi made 56$ a week as bullpen catcher for yanks from 32-43-back when they played for love of the game, not endorsements and sales pitches inbetween car and beer ads
    randy
  • Options
    Rube
    Most players worked in the offseason to pay the bills until the late 60's early 70's.

Free agency made a hell of a difference in player salaries.

I agree they are all overpaid, but what can you do.

Peace
    Trying to complete 1970 psa set.
    45% complete.
  • Options
    <<It would really be Poetic Justice if Arod signed with another team for LESS money. Teah BORE-ASS and A_Fraud a real lesson..where it hurts!>>

I agree 100% and made the same comment in another thread. Don't let Troll Turd hear you say that. If you do he will claim you know nothing about baseball.

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."
  • Options
    Don't let the door hit u in the butt after u leave
    We need a post season performer & A rod ain't it
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AROD on the METS..that would be great!

now that team will really fold when it counts!

LOL! happy day for Yankees fans! NA na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey GOODBYE!

Prima Dona ballplayers dont fit in NY yAnkee jersey, dont let the door hit you on your way out!

Obviously, you know very little about baseball if you think Arod won't make any team, including the Mets, much better. This guy is on the verge of winning his second MVP in 4 years, are you kidding me??

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    I seriously doubt that he will want to continue to play in NY (Mets). Too much pressure for such a fragile psyche...
  • Options

<< <i>We need a post season performer & A rod ain't it >>

Yep, 6 for his last 60 post season at bats with 1 RBI doesn't cut it when you're seeking $300 million.
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Yep, 6 for his last 60 post season at bats with 1 RBI doesn't cut it when you're seeking $300 million. >>

If you want a regular season, attract all the attention, make everyone jealous on the team because he's eating up 40-50% of your team's payroll, will hit the crucial solo HR to either put your team up by 5 or down by 5-STUD, he's your guy!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Yep, 6 for his last 60 post season at bats with 1 RBI doesn't cut it when you're seeking $300 million. >>

If you want a regular season, attract all the attention, make everyone jealous on the team because he's eating up 40-50% of your team's payroll, will hit the crucial solo HR to either put your team up by 5 or down by 5-STUD, he's your guy! >>

imageimage