Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

here some more info for ya's which is very interesting for a a lot op people.......

3rd big show in a row that gai hasnt showed up for. a lot of rumors are swiriling around. so i wont say anything on what i heard because its only hear say for now but something isnt good.

Comments

• ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

• Meaning they were scheduled to attend but did not? Or it was assumed they would and they did not? I know they are in California, not sure if the southern part of the state or not, but I am wondering if the tragic fires there has anything to do with this. Just a thought.

Snorto~
  • sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭
    So we are going to be down to two grading companies?
  • they were scheduled for white plains 4 weeks ago & didnt show up. reading 2 weeks ago, now hofstra. like i said i hear a lot of rumors & there not good.
  • nam812nam812 Posts: 10,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will ask Jimmy Ryan about GAI personally tomorrow when I am at the Hofstra show.
  • schr1stschr1st Posts: 1,677 ✭✭
    For your sake, I hope this wasn't your "big news". It's been known for a while now that they were in trouble.
    Who is Rober Maris?

• << <i>For your sake, I hope this wasn't your "big news". It's been known for a while now that they were in trouble. >>

no it wasnt but again i'm just trying to share hobby news. there in trouble for a few main reasons: wright, woods, brady & bush.
  • chbchb Posts: 212

<< <i>like i said i hear a lot of rumors >>

So do I, but I don't post them on the www every time I hear one.

I happen to know that GAI has mono. They aren't showing up because they don't want to make everyone else ill.

What Elemenopeo said.

• << <i>

<< <i>like i said i hear a lot of rumors >>

So do I, but I don't post them on the www every time I hear one.

I happen to know that GAI has mono. They aren't showing up because they don't want to make everyone else ill.

What Elemenopeo said. >>

i know everyone at gai & have used there services now since day 1. so what i say isnt personal, its what i hear from a large majority of people.

i hope the rumors arent true but with all the negative attention they received from there wright & woods incidents its hard to save face.
    Come, friend. Listen:

I'm no longer sure what to make of you. If you're posting just to jerk people's chain, that's sad. If you sincerely have some information that would be of interest to everyone but will not/cannot give details, then don't set yourself up for abuse by posting in the first place.

Even if GAI grading did go belly up, it would be more inconvenience than anything else.

Regardless, at this point you have wilfully put yourself out there so many times that anything you post holds as much water as Allen's "The end is coming" thread--sooner or later he's going to be right (that's a compliment, Allen, you know that). Even a broken clock is correct twice a day.

If you're not already familiar with the children's story "The Boy Who Cried Wolf," now would be a good time to sit down with it.

That's about as plain & straight & polite as I can make it. Hope you were listening.
  • CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    SGC didn't show up at my house yesterday like they said they would. Just thought you all should know. Also, I called Michael Jordan yesterday and left a message, but he never called back. I fear something might have happened to him.
  • There are 3 ways to spell the homophone 'there'. You've used the same spelling 3 times and didn't spell it correctly any of the 3 times.

"there" is a place or relation.
    "they're" is a contraction for "they are."
    Their is a pronoun that refers to more than 1 person.

<< <i>i hear a lot of rumors & there not good >>

"there" in this case should be "they're."

<< <i>there in trouble for a few main reasons: wright, woods, brady & bush >>

"there" in this case should be "they're."

<< <i>but with all the negative attention they received from there wright & woods incidents its hard to save face >>

"there" in this case should be "their."

Edited to add: thanks for taking this into consideration
  • Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

I remember when GAI first started out. They had a "promise" on the website that their GAI card would outsell the same PSA card grade or you got your $5 back with verification of the ebay (or auctions) and what it sold for.

Well you guessed it. We (me and a partner) sent in 500 cards ranging from 50's thru 70's baseball (alot of 55' Bowmans as i recall) and early 70's Topps basketball (alot of 72's). A majority of them were GAI 7's & 8's and only a handful of 9's. It took us nearly 3 months to get the refund check as they tried to re-neg and just give us free grading vouchers. Our reply was, why in the hell would we want free grading on stuff that won't sell like PSA??!! We finally received a refund check from GAI on 386 auctions (the other 114 received no bids). We sent them a stack of the Ebay auctions and even gave them an itemized list of what PSA vs GAI sold for. What a royal waste of time that was!!

Shortly thereafter their "promise" vanished from the website. In my book they are FUBAR.
  • digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭

<< <i>There are 3 ways to spell the homophone 'there'. >>

Nothing like a grade-school english lesson on a Saturday night, eah?
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    gai is going out of business monday,,
    ·p_A·

• << <i>

<< <i>There are 3 ways to spell the homophone 'there'. >>

Nothing like a grade-school english lesson on a Saturday night, eah? >>

After watching the WS, I figured I'd wind down and read the forums for a while...
  • Oh, and _grade_ school is definitely a good point.
  • AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    PSA/DNA has slabed fake autos before. Why is everyone hatin' on GAI. I think their biggest issue is that Steve Hart is the Star Basketball expert they use and he also sells GAI Star graded cards. If Mastro is still open, then GAI has to have a chance to make it.
  • rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    whats an op people?

<< <i>Regardless, at this point you have wilfully put yourself out there so many times that anything you post holds as much water as Allen's "The end is coming" thread--sooner or later he's going to be right (that's a compliment, Allen, you know that). Even a broken clock is correct twice a day. >>

My thread went poof. What is the deal with that? "The Man" is tryin to keep all of you in the dark. The four horsemen are coming (PSA, I am talking about the 1955 Topps All American Card so don't poof me).
  • BugOnTheRugBugOnTheRug Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭
    Wow!.............trouble with GAI?

Gee, you're about 2 years behind with groundbreaking info. If you follow 3rd-party grading at all, GAI has pulled more boners than 7 back-to-back episodes of the Three Stooges.

It was inevitable at least a year ago that the ship was sinking, and sinking fast. Their only semi-solid claim to fame was pack grading, but forget that now that PSA is on board.

One thing is for certain - when the final curtain closes for GAI, it will happen on a Monday!
  • I hear Britney is having custody troubles.
    Nolan Ryan & Edgar Martinez are my favorite players...
    mosaic's Nolan Ryan Basic Topps registry set
    mosaic's Big 3 Nolan Ryan Run Showcase
  • stevekstevek Posts: 27,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GAI should have never hired "Gary" as their marketing director for unopened packs. What were they thinking?
  • stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    I think someone is starving for attention.

Go back the the Beckett boards. I'm sure your conspiracy theories would be greatly appreciated there.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts

• << <i>GAI has pulled more boners than 7 back-to-back episodes of the Three Stooges. >>

Hey Mr. Seaver!

• << <i>

<< <i>For your sake, I hope this wasn't your "big news". It's been known for a while now that they were in trouble. >>

no it wasnt but again i'm just trying to share hobby news. there in trouble for a few main reasons: wright, woods, brady & bush. >>

It's troubling to me that my MAIN SOURCE for inside hobby news apparently doesn't know they difference between "there" the pronoun and "they're" the contraction.
    itisinthegrade- You should listen to all of them because their right. It's all right they're in writing, and if you take there advice it would serve you well.
    Nice one Lee, but his big news is actually that the meanings of the there, they're and their are all going to be switched. He is doing already because he is an insider.
  • just got back from the show & i now the gai staff has the chicken pox.

i try to share some info but i'm dealing with a bunch of tools on here. also november i'll be back to share some more info.
    Now I'm sorry I wasted my time to actually speak to you as if you might possibly be a rational, sane adult. Everyone else was right, you're just an attention-craving lonely man-child. You also may or may not be quite insane.

Personally, I'm done with you. You're not even fun/funny any more. I hope everyone else will also ignore all future posts from you so they sink quickly & quietly to the bottom of the heap, where they belong.

• << <i>also november i'll be back to share some more info. >>

Share MORE info? You haven't shared ANY info!
  • nam812nam812 Posts: 10,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was at the Hofstra show today, and the show promoter is a personal friend of mine (Jim Ryan), but when I asked him about GAI there was no mention of Chicken Pox (I'm sure the show promoter would know a detail like that). As for itsinthegrade's setup at the show....unimpressive.

• << <i> As for itsinthegrade's setup at the show....unimpressive. >>

see now you made me laugh!

<< <i>I guess this was tweedledum's big news that he couldn't reveal until 11/1. Smart move for Beckett. >>

Wait, wait, wait...

That's the huge news that was going to transform our hobby and benefit all collectors?

BAWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Like I said in the thread that appears to have gone *poof*, think the Beckett boards are more appropriate for you.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
    the earth is trembling.
    He can't go back there. He's permanently suspended from the Beckett boards.

<< <i>

<< <i>I guess this was tweedledum's big news that he couldn't reveal until 11/1. Smart move for Beckett. >>

Wait, wait, wait...

That's the huge news that was going to transform our hobby and benefit all collectors?

BAWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Like I said in the thread that appears to have gone *poof*, think the Beckett boards are more appropriate for you. >>

Who is Rober Maris?
  • RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    Is there anything more worthless than Beckett vintage grading? At least with GAI they have a grader who is recognized. Beckett has nothing.

Ron
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
    Considering the sad state GAI is in, that may not be the case much longer...

<< <i>Is there anything more worthless than Beckett vintage grading? At least with GAI they have a grader who is recognized. Beckett has nothing.

Ron >>

Who is Rober Maris?

<< <i>He can't go back there. He's permanently suspended from the Beckett boards. >>

So when he said, "i dont post on that baby board anymore!" (Link), it's because he's been suspended?

Please enlighten us image

• << <i>

<< <i>He can't go back there. He's permanently suspended from the Beckett boards. >>

So when he said, "i dont post on that baby board anymore!" (Link), it's because he's been suspended?

Please enlighten us image >>

i was suspened because I had board members curse out my 5 yr old son. So i went above the mods heads & i made a lot of problems for them all. I still post on the beckett boards.
    No, you were suspended from the boards for spamming. You are still a permanently suspended member, and if you are indeed back under a new ID, that one will be suspended as well.

<< <i>

<< <i>

Please enlighten us image >>

i was suspened because I had board members curse out my 5 yr old son. So i went above the mods heads & i made a lot of problems for them all. I still post on the beckett boards. >>

Who is Rober Maris?
    ted williams is slabbed 1/1 out in california, breaking news

does your 5 year old son talk on the message boards often?,just dont jive to me -says right on psas disclaimer that this is not intended for minors,being as how most 5 year old cant type or spell much,or know much about cards?
    schr1st is a good arguer.
    I do what I can... image

<< <i>schr1st is a good arguer. >>

Who is Rober Maris?
  • envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭

<< <i>SGC didn't show up at my house yesterday like they said they would. Just thought you all should know. Also, I called Michael Jordan yesterday and left a message, but he never called back. I fear something might have happened to him. >>

Like he's gonna answer the phone while he's in your hot tub Lee...Sheesh...think about it.
    You may get a call back from Michael Jordan faster than you will from GAI at this point...
    Who is Rober Maris?
    ha sean,me and lee are just funny ,i didnt know superman was nuts,too much kryptonite got to him
    i was readig that old thread, like were supposed to get ahoold of beckett to justify this nuts story lol-i didnt know superman was nuts,guess kryptonite finally got the beast of him, with those great bccg cards they grade they would be the last people on earth id ever want to talk to
  • chaz43chaz43 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭

<< <i>GAI should have never hired "Gary" as their marketing director for unopened packs. What were they thinking? >>

Or "Danny" for customer service!!!! chaz
  • zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

i was suspened because I had board members curse out my 5 yr old son. So i went above the mods heads & i made a lot of problems for them all. I still post on the beckett boards. >>

You had the audacity to reproduce?