Home Stamps Forum
Options

PSE Certified -vs- Encapsulated ??? as it affects value

2»

Comments

• Options
    planetsteveplanetsteve Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I am not sure what is wrong with the PSE Shared Order webpage, but it is not working correctly for some reason, even though they are marked for SHARED. None of the orders in there seem to be working for anybody.

If you pull the Cert # from the above lists, you can do the Cert Verification and it is working to see the CERT.

Like this:

Verify CERT

Here is the BEAUTY!!!

Scott #238 Dark Green 85J OGnh Mint 1893 15c Columbian Expo JUMBO >>

Thanks for the tip. Nice stamp!

Here is my 85J Columbian, albeit in used condition. The photo has helped me notice some toning (?) on some of the top perfs, which bothers me a bit, but otherwise I'm proud of it -- simply because it's my best used Columbian.

So far. image
  • Options
    Nice stamp, I don't have the 5c graded used. I have a meager used registry set: #232 98 ,236 95, 238 90, and an extra 238 85. Will be tough to complete even the short set on this one, especially at 90 and above.
  • Options
    I want to thank everyone for their help and comments (even the ones I didn't want to hear) :-0

I am listing about 60 of the graded stamps today on eBay, so if you want to check them out, and maybe get a deal, go for it.
    NO RESERVE

Here are my Auctions

Thanks. (and wish me luck)

High Flyer Variation - 1918 24c Scott #C3 VF 90 Jumbo Mint OGnh

Cert
  • Options
    Bob - I really hope that the cert on your #C3 says "High Flyer var." - otherwise I would consider it extremely misleading (it looks like you photoshopped the blue text in). I couldn't see your lotlist for stamps.
    Richard Frajola
    www.rfrajola.com
  • Options
    Nothing is photshopped, I never touch up photos.
    (P.S. that is PSE's website!!!)

On the encapsulated cert it clearly states High Flying var.

I never play any games, check my feedback on eBay, over 9000 positive feedbacks, many PSA graded cards (sports & non-sports)
  • Options
    Richard that's how notes or "mentions" on the online certs appear. I have one that says "light creases" in blue when the cert # is checked.
  • Options
    So Bob where are your stamps your listing? I see none in your store/list
  • Options
    edu - I have not seen a PSE with blue text (but I don't see many certs) and was too stupid to note that the URL was for PSE.
    Richard Frajola
    www.rfrajola.com
  • Options

<< <i>So Bob where are your stamps your listing? I see none in your store/list >>

They have been going up all afternoon.
    I included links in the auction to the Cert Verification, that took a little time to figure out.
    Seems to be working, the first group is now up and complete, ready for bids.

I have two more groups to go up tonight (total of about 51 stamps)

ebay Auctions
  • Options
    Richard actually those aren't real certs just a reasonable electronic facsimile. My recent submission is all encapsulated but when checking the # on the site it looks like a paper cert.
  • Options
    dougwtxdougwtx Posts: 566 ✭✭
    Why were the other 2 C3s not attributed with the high flyer variety? Do you have to request the attribute?
  • Options

<< <i>Why were the other 2 C3s not attributed with the high flyer variety? Do you have to request the attribute? >>

No, you can't request it, it is determined by the graders.
    Hard to figure sometimes.
    I listed them as what they came back as, not what I think.... :-)

Same thing with trading cards, I don't always agree with the grades, but.....

Bob
    Bob's Neat Tips - Tools for selling online
  • Options
    Hey BOB hope you are getting some decent bids on ebay. Are you going to put any of the 238's on there as well?
  • Options
    Bidding has started, have about 75 stamps up now (all PSE graded/encapsulated).
    I will be putting up all the stamps in the next few weeks.

Scott #238 1893 15cent Columbian Exposition
    PSE F-VF 75 , Mint OGnh $500+ Cert #01152538
    PSE F 70, Mint OGnh $270 Cert #01152539
    PSE VG 50, Miknt OGnh $115 Cert #01152540
    PSE VF-XF 85J, Mint OGnh JUMBO $2100+ Cert #01152541

If you want either of these, just let me know.

To LOOK at the sample cert on PSE website and stamp pic
  • Options
    If you want to sell to a dealer Steve Crippe at gradedstamps.com pays good prices and/or sells on commission. He has bought several stamps from me in the past. He can get better prices for many stamps than you might on ebay. I think he might be interested in the #238 85J. It might be a little difficult to get full SMQ on ebay. I will say I think he is mostly interested in "used" graded or "never hinged." Just a thought as some dealers will pay at or near SMQ for popular issues that they will have little problem selling, I would say the Columbians are one of those.