Home Metal Detecting
Options

seated coins cache

i found these several years ago. been real temped to post, but always wanted to wait till i knew it was safe. i've never shared these with anyone. sometimes felt bad for keeping this a secret. most were in a jar and remained in decent condition.

Comments

• Options
    NICE DUDE!... HOLY COW!....YOU SUCK!...HH
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    wow...

believe it or not... its finds like these that actually piss me off, and make me want to quit.
  • Options
    gene2393gene2393 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭
    wow its finds like this that i want to find and that got me started (just reading about them makes me happy)

gene2393
  • Options
    Very nice, Brian. How long you been holding out?
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    kevinstangkevinstang Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭

<< <i>believe it or not... its finds like these that actually piss me off, and make me want to quit. >>

I think a find like that might make we want to retire from detecting as well- it would nearly be impossible to top...unless there was gold out there.
  • Options
    wow did'nt think i'd upset anyone, sorry. like many i've paid my dues and had many occasions where i got nothing. maybe you'll like this picture better. this is from 3 months of hard work.
  • Options
    its not all seateds and barbers either, sometimes we have to settle for "common" stuff. these were from a month long hunt last year. riccar came along a few times and said he had a better place. i should have listened to him. he dug several nice bust coins, while i went for these. you should takes these posts as encourgement, that there are still plenty of good finds to be made out there. sometimes we go through dry times and then bam! something comes around. its all about knowing where to look and what to look for.
  • Options
    MorglanMorglan Posts: 61 ✭✭
    Incredible finds! What types of places yield finds like these?

Also (and I've heard this type of statement before) why wouldn't it be 'safe' to post a find like that?
    Need to finish my Kennedys and Jeffersons!
  • Options
    geez man, You suck!
  • Options
    Nice finds! I know you worked for those ;-)

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Options
    Very nice finds Brian I concur, YOU SUCK!

Chicago Ron
    imageimage
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow... that is a major YOU SUCK!!!!! Awesome... would love to hear some details... even by PM.... thanks for sharing. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Dude that is awesome man!! I'm wating to find a small cache one of these day'simage

That 2nd group all came from the coleman site didn't it.At that site you would come out of
    there with a bucket full of iron and trash.

Brian that is a well deserved find for you as you have out in your due's for that shot.

HH,Tom
  • Options
    I'm new here and even finds like that I have to say wow. I live in Jesse James country and I have been looking for one of his jars of gold and silver.
    Looking for the best or the best I can afford.........Doug
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like that jar find. Looks just like what someone would put away that they had gotten in change.
  • Options
    ehhhhh yup....that's so nice i thought i'd say it again.... holy cow! nice finds!......stop holding out (pleading) and tell us the story on your cache....unlike others, i still think my great cache find is just waiting for me.....and if it is'nt ? who cares?....it's the thrill of the hunt that matters....i (we) would love to hear your story, inquiring minds want to know....i hope ya find lots more....hh
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    NumisOxideNumisOxide Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WoW!
  • Options
    BarberianBarberian Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if the seated coins were saved as a collection of older coins. All of them are well worn or damaged, as if they had been pulled from circulation for their age.
    3 rim nicks away from Good
  • Options
    direwolf1972direwolf1972 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭
    Wow I love the third row down second in from left. It smacks of PO1. Is there enough on the obv. to get a date?
    I'll see your bunny with a pancake on his head and raise you a Siamese cat with a miniature pumpkin on his head.

You wouldn't believe how long it took to get him to sit still for this.

• Options

<< <i>its not all seateds and barbers either, sometimes we have to settle for "common" stuff. these were from a month long hunt last year. riccar came along a few times and said he had a better place. i should have listened to him. he dug several nice bust coins, while i went for these. you should takes these posts as encourgement, that there are still plenty of good finds to be made out there. sometimes we go through dry times and then bam! something comes around. its all about knowing where to look and what to look for.
    image >>

Id be stoked as hell if I had to "settle" for that.

I havent found my first wheatie.
  • Options
    The seated coins are definitely the result of a collector pulling them out of circ in the mid 1900's--no other way to explain the extremely low grades (on some of them at least), love tokens, holed pieces.
  • Options
    pendragon1998pendragon1998 Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭
    Sigh...You Suck!