Home Metal Detecting
Options

A couple of finds...

Good day, all.

Here are a few things I've found over the last couple weeks or so. In the first pic the three objects to the right are not coins, but tokens that say "NO CASH VALUE", which means that they could be used as money fairly soon given our sorry fiscal health. There's a pin of some sort, a necklace charm, a 1936 wheatie, and a really cool sharks tooth, and some other stuff.

The shark tooth is really kind of beautiful. As you can see, it's translucent. Maybe it'll make a nice necklace. I also found what looks like a fossilized piece of coral (lower left of first pic.) I'm in Texas, which at one point was a shallow inland sea.

A dragon charm I picked up at a school

I'm not sure what this is. It's hard to tell if it's old, or just looks that way.

If it wiggles, it ain't goin' in my salad.

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting... nice tooth. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Are you sure that is a shark tooth?.....I have found hundreds over the years....and never seen one like that...it looks like a triangle shaped piece of glass...but it could just be the pic..

Nice finds though...image
  • Options
    im almost 100% sure that that tooth is nothing but beach glass
  • Options
    I'm very interested in the last item you have pictured. Are there any markings on the back to indicate either the maker or perhaps if it at one time may have been attached to something?
    Be Still and Know
  • Options
    It looks like it was attached to something at one point. At first I thought it was an emblem of some sort. I kept thinking that it came from a bicycle. Then I realized that it looked like something that might be attached to a the front of a military cover. I'll take a couple of other pics so you can get a better look.
    If it wiggles, it ain't goin' in my salad.