Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Anyone have "How to be a Successful Coin Dealer" by Q. David Bowers?

I have been looking for this book for 2 years now! I have had pre-orders on half.com and amazon, but neither can find the book... If anyone has it or knows where I could get a copy I'd appreciate it!
John

Comments

• Options
    gsaguygsaguy Posts: 2,425
    Have you contacted Q. David Bowers directly?

I've got a number of his books and have found them to be very informative and easy to read.

GSAGUY
  • Options
    Ha! Funny you should mention it! I *just* ordered it off of Half.com about three hours ago, paid $7.95 plus shipping. I had it in my want list, so Half.com sent me an email as soon as it was listed by the seller. Sadly, there are no more copies available for sale. But...if you don't find a copy by the time I receive and read it, I'll bet we can work out something.
    (Randy)
    "Giving away an MS-65 $20 St. Gaudens to everyone logged in when I make my 10,000th post..."
  • Options
    GeminiGemini Posts: 3,085
    John I am almost sure but not positive that this Bowers work is not in hardbook form but was written in a monograph type of thing with paper covers.
    I know I have read it and have copy of it floating somewhere around here.
    If I can find it over the weekend its yours otherwise like GSA guy said you can try writing to Dave Bowers or try these old numismatic book sellers who specialize in rare and out of print material.

George Frederick Kolbe
    P.O. Drawer 3100
    Crestline Ca 92325
    e-mail: NUMISLIT@compuserve.com

Remy Bourne
    509-40th Ave.NE.
    Minneapolis, Mn 55421-3834
    e-mail: remybourne@qwest.net
    A thing of beauty is a joy for ever
  • Options
    GeminiGemini Posts: 3,085
    Randy sorry I was busy typing my reply to John and didn't get to read your post ahead of me.
    Did they mention if the book was hardbound?
    I am curious on that.
    Don-
    A thing of beauty is a joy for ever
  • Options
    Thanks for all of the replies guys! I talked to Remy Bourne, several supply dealers, Art Rubino, and Bowers and Merena at the FUN show today, looking for the book. No luck. But, if anyone does have it or would be willing to let me borrow or buy it from you sometime, I'd really appreciate it! Thanks for your time! Happy Collecting!
    John
    jsbrush@bsc.edu
  • Options
    no doubt spooly has it...or at least has read part of it and will recite it to you via email
  • Options
    Gemini...
    It was listed on Half.com as a "Paperback Textbook". Since I have never actually seen a copy of it in person, I have no idea if it was also released in a hardback edition. It's coming by the ever-speedy "Media Mail", so when it (eventually) arrives, I'll post an update.
    "Giving away an MS-65 $20 St. Gaudens to everyone logged in when I make my 10,000th post..."
  • Options
    I have it and its not very helpful for a real dealer. It was written in the 1980's, is vague in most parts and out of date.

Cameron Kiefer

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file