Home Metal Detecting
Options

Went to the beach

Went to Zuma Beach in the AM with 20 mile plus East winds!
Sand blowing hard out to sea. I went down to the wet sand and did the dance with the waves. The sand coming off the bank was brutal.
After an hour of working the high tide line I went back on top in the dry sand with my back to the wind.
I picked up a few hot wheels and other toys for my grand kids ;-)
I then came upon a pail/bucket. It was buried over half way with sand inside.
I got a small beep so I kicked it over...I almost had a heart attack!!!
The wind started blowing all kinds of stuff out to the water.
And I see ALL this shiny stuff that looks like TREASURE ! ! !
This is what went blowing first:
Tattoos
The wind had me running to catch all the little things... LOL Then I went back and had a good laugh at what I had uncovered. :rotfl:
Arrr
The metal ear rings gave me the beep.

These thing sell on E-Bay for 5 or 6 Dollars a Doz. And sell for $1.50 at the street fairs.
The little grand kids like this stuff image
Some Day.
Jerry
CROCK of COINS
imageimage

Comments

• Options
    Wow Jerry, you found the a lot of pirates treasure! I bet the grandkids were (will be) thrilled!
    Be Still and Know
  • Options
    Wow! image
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    CgbCgb Posts: 710
    Reminds me of when I was digging at our local lake (there was sand on the banks), I was just digging by hand with a plastic shovel, and I saw a lump.

I ended up finding a plastic bag with a FULL bottle of bubbles, a large lollipop, and other assorted small candies.

I believe now it was left over from a kids birthday party a few years back, but at the time I thought it was real buried treasure!

Good times...
  • Options

<< <i>Reminds me of when I was digging at our local lake (there was sand on the banks), I was just digging by hand with a plastic shovel, and I saw a lump.

I ended up finding a plastic bag with a FULL bottle of bubbles, a large lollipop, and other assorted small candies.

I believe now it was left over from a kids birthday party a few years back, but at the time I thought it was real buried treasure!

Good times... >>

I remember when we were digging at that lake and found a huge egg. That thing was gross
  • Options
    probably be the closest any of us come to a pirates booty!..arrggghhh!
    putting together a MS 60 and up Morgan set....60% complete...otlher 40% probably take the rest of the decade!
  • Options
    CgbCgb Posts: 710

<< <i>

<< <i>Reminds me of when I was digging at our local lake (there was sand on the banks), I was just digging by hand with a plastic shovel, and I saw a lump.

Good times... >>

I remember when we were digging at that lake and found a huge egg. That thing was gross >>

Yep.. it was pretty rancid. Was it a turtle egg..? Or other? I have no idea.
  • Options
    Nice just in time for Halloween.

Can't wait to see the box of ornaments you find in December.
  • Options
    DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭
    Maybe it was someones Geocash treasure.
    People follow GPS directions posted online. When you find the treasure you get to take one item and rehide the treasure for the next guy.
  • Options

Halloween Party at Jerry's House!!!!

Come to think of it... looks like you're going to have the coolest stuff being given out in your neighborhood on Halloween. image

• Options

<< <i>Maybe it was someones Geocash treasure. People follow GPS directions posted online. When you find the treasure you get to take one item and rehide the treasure for the next guy. >>

Hi Doc, I don't think it was a "Geocash" thing. The bucket was not far from going over the bank into the drink. Most geo's have a log to check in. These items were all tied in groups of 6 or 12.

The beach rake machine must have broke the bucket.

Oh well...

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Options

<< <i>Halloween Party at Jerry's House!!!! image Come to think of it... looks like you're going to have the coolest stuff being given out in your neighborhood on Halloween. image >>

LOL..Was able to win a silver round (one ounce of silver) at our club meeting with this stuff. ;-)

Now I am ready for the kids on Halloween!

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Options
    Congrats, Jerry!
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unique and different find... congratulations .. Cheers, RickO