Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I can't even give a nice coin away

Last week on the, Coin Swaps, Tags, and Giveaways, I ran a giveaway for a nice circ Barber half that ended on 9/24/07. The winner, Horizon, has not contacted me yet with his shipping information, nor has he been on the PCGS message boards since 9/20. Since his PM is turned off, I can't contact him either (not that it would make any difference). How much longer should I wait before I draw another name for my giveaway?

Comments

• Options
    Just give it to me image

If the winner hasn't contacted you in a week i'd draw again, there are plenty of members here who would love the coin and would contact you quickly after winning.

Mark
    Want to buy an auction catalog for the William Hesslein Sale (December 2, 1926). Thanks to all those who have helped us obtain the others!!!

• Options
    Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
    I will take itimage
    Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • Options
    You had a giveaway, now you're having a takeaway?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Apropos of the coin posse/aka caca: "The longer he spoke of his honor, the tighter I held to my purse."

• Options
    You have proven yourself wrong. There are plenty of us that would be glad to take it off of your hands image
  • Options
    MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭
    Dan...just TTT the thread on the give-away...maybe he'll read it and send you a PM
    Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Draw again.... this time draw me.. I will respond immediately... image Cheers, RickO
  • Options

<< <i>You had a giveaway, now you're having a takeaway? >>

Takeaway, what are you referring to? Did you read my opening thread?
  • Options

<< <i>Dan...just TTT the thread on the give-away...maybe he'll read it and send you a PM >>

Mike,

I did. The problem is that he posts very infrequently. He has 15 posts over the last 15 months that he's been a member. His last post (on my giveaway thread), was dated 9/20.
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,885 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Giveaway? Really?

I love giveaways. I'm in!! image

My YN giveaway winner was out of town and I didn't hear a word for over a week.

I was very glad to have waited. Give it more time. IMO
  • Options
    You never know what happens in these situations. Maybe his computer crashed or worse??
  • Options
    He could be on vacation.

• Options
    tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

he needs to respond or lose the coin. if he doesn't read these boards surely he has friends that do and could or should contact him, otherwise he's just out! who knows he may be one of them 'entitlement guys' anyway!? image
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • Options
    Your call.

But in all fairness, the member could've had a death in the family, been sick, out of town on work, etc.....

IMO, maybe the giveaways should say something like, "you have 3 business days to respond or the item goes to the next person"

Thanks for the chance though. Obviuosly, it wasn't me.

WTB: Barber Quarters XF

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file