Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Snipers?? Best experience

bestdaybestday Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭✭
Does anyone have a good experience with a reliable sniper service. Looking to snipe a coin on Ebay..1st coin in many moons image

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer doing it myself... I can beat the services... and have consistently. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    2ndCharter2ndCharter Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've used esnipe the past couple of years - never had a problem with them. Web address: www.esnipe.com

Member ANA, SPMC, SCNA, FUN, CONECA

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    www.vrane.com and its FREEEEEEEE
  • Options

Same here with esnipe, been 6 years no problems...

They charge 1% on the auctions you win, no charge on the ones you don't...

It dose add up tho, cost me $500 over that period of time...

But I won A LOT of auctions...image

My Ebay Auctions

Currently Listed: Nothing

Take Care, Dave
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have never had a problem with Auction sniper.
    AuctionSniper.com
  • Options
    KonaheadKonahead Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭
    Nothing beats you with your finger on the keyboard! I always get what I want. Hell I am about to do it in two hours.
    PEACE! This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Fred, Las Vegas, NV
  • Options
    ManualSniper.com™

"Because nothing beats sitting around waiting for an auction to end"
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Apropos of the coin posse/aka caca: "The longer he spoke of his honor, the tighter I held to my purse."

• Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had my stop watch running tonight and won an auction with 1 second left with my right finger. A few other late bidders were a few seconds earlier and they probably had sniper programs (lol). Got the lot for a bit less than I was willing to pay. But it was a bit hairy as I confirmed my bid with 15 seconds to go and it took 14 long seconds for it to register......sheesh. So much for dial-upping.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    Yep.. would be dicey with dial-up... I have used broadband since it became available... No sniper program can beat me.. and it's fun. Cheers, RickO
  • Options

<< <i>I prefer doing it myself... I can beat the services... and have consistently. Cheers, RickO >>

What does this mean? Isn't the only way to 'beat the services' is outbid them? In which case how you do it doesn't matter.
  • Options
    flaminioflaminio Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Does anyone have a good experience with a reliable sniper service. Looking to snipe a coin on Ebay..1st coin in many moons image >>

PhantomBidder is my service of choice. It's never let me down, and for most purchases it's a lot cheaper than AuctionSniper.
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    But can you be reading post on here and sniping at the same time.
    I am right now.image

Got it for less than my max.image
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Does anyone have a good experience with a reliable sniper service. Looking to snipe a coin on Ebay..1st coin in many moons image >>

PhantomBidder is my service of choice. It's never let me down, and for most purchases it's a lot cheaper than AuctionSniper. >>

• Options
    23Pairer23Pairer Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Yep.. would be dicey with dial-up... I have used broadband since it became available... No sniper program can beat me.. and it's fun. Cheers, RickO >>

RickO you rock-O. I am there with you with the manual sniping. I have been beaten a handful of times, but usually something I wasn't real passionate about. The manual sniping is part of the thrill of the hunt, gets the heart beating and the juices flowing.............wow, that was better than sex....NOTimage Sniping is what I look forward to, as it reaffirms the value of the piece I am bidding on by watching the bids gets laid down, and BAM, there I go with seconds to go!
  • Options
    jpkinlajpkinla Posts: 822 ✭✭✭
    Just bid your maximum and you won't lose if its higher than the sniper bid.
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,000 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Just bid your maximum and you won't lose if its higher than the sniper bid. >>

If yer gonna do that yer better off snipin with your max bid.
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've lost way too many ebay auctions by posting my strong max bid too early (ie more than 1 hr out). There is always someone willing to reveal your bid and take you out for $5 to $25. If you really want it, put your max bid in with under 10 seconds and take your chances. Anything more than a minute out give your competition a chance to think and react. But sure, if you don't care one way or the other, put the bid in early.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks .............the Ebay auction I am looking at , closes during my transit to work..so the snipe is my option.
  • Options

<< <i>The manual sniping is part of the thrill of the hunt, gets the heart beating and the juices flowing.............wow, that was better than sex....NOT >>

Couldn't have said it better. Since joining EBay in '98, I've sniped most of my auctions, all manually and still image on dial-up. Makes for even more of a challenge with most bidders being on way faster connections.

Either way, best of luck!!image
    If you don't know where you're going, you'll end up somewhere else.
  • Options
    If you want excitement, use ManualSniper.com™

If you want the coin, use a sniper service.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Apropos of the coin posse/aka caca: "The longer he spoke of his honor, the tighter I held to my purse."

• Options
    i dont see how a manual snipe can beat a snipe program the higher bidder will take the coin. period
  • Options
    CoxeCoxe Posts: 11,139
    My G-Shock atomic clock tuned watch, coupled with insomnia, has never let me down.
    Select Rarities -- DMPLs and VAMs
    NSDR - Life Member
    SSDC - Life Member
    ANA - Pay As I Go Member
  • Options

<< <i>I had my stop watch running tonight and won an auction with 1 second left with my right finger. A few other late bidders were a few seconds earlier and they probably had sniper programs (lol). Got the lot for a bit less than I was willing to pay. But it was a bit hairy as I confirmed my bid with 15 seconds to go and it took 14 long seconds for it to register......sheesh. So much for dial-upping.

roadrunner >>

I got both my CC morgans, no problem

Fred, Las Vegas, NV
  • Options

<< <i>I've lost way too many ebay auctions by posting my strong max bid too early (ie more than 1 hr out). There is always someone willing to reveal your bid and take you out for $5 to $25. If you really want it, put your max bid in with under 10 seconds and take your chances. Anything more than a minute out give your competition a chance to think and react. But sure, if you don't care one way or the other, put the bid in early.

roadrunner >>

Fred, Las Vegas, NV
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,569 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

PhantomBidder is my service of choice. It's never let me down, and for most purchases it's a lot cheaper than AuctionSniper. >>

Same here. Phantombidder has saved me a ton of money compared with Auctionsniper.
  • Options
    BloodManBloodMan Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Same here. Phantombidder has saved me a ton of money compared with Auctionsniper. >>

I have used PhantomBidder to snipe dozens of items without any problems.
  • Options
    23pairer.... you are soooooo right... adds the dimension of excitement to an otherwise mundane activity. Cheers, RickO
  • Options

<< <i>23pairer.... you are soooooo right... adds the dimension of excitement to an otherwise mundane activity. Cheers, RickO >>

Excitement's fun and all, but when you're looking at an auction ending on a Sunday afternoon, and the choice is either to sit beside a computer with a stopwatch, or go and play in the sun with your children and let the robot handle it -- well, I'll choose the later every time.
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,761 ✭✭✭✭
    Sniping is half the fun. Why have a service do it for you. image

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options

<< <i>choice is either to sit beside a computer with a stopwatch, or go and play in the sun with your children >>

Good point! When I have choices like that to make, I usually bid my limit, go do what I gotta do and let the chips fall where they may. Won a few, lost a few...
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>choice is either to sit beside a computer with a stopwatch, or go and play in the sun with your children >>

Good point! When I have choices like that to make, I usually bid my limit, go do what I gotta do and let the chips fall where they may. Won a few, lost a few... >>

Well, sure. But the ones you lost you might have won with a robosniper, and the ones you won you might have ended up paying less. There's really almost no downside to using a robosniper versus standard proxy bidding.
  • Options

<< <i>There's really almost no downside to using a robosniper versus standard proxy bidding >>

I don't disagree.
    I just don't use Ebay enough to justify paying for a service that I can do it myself. The high bid will take the coin home regardless of the way it is submitted. If I can't be at the computer at the time the auction closes and someone outbids my limit at the last minute, I'm not likely going to lose any sleep over it.
    I don't usually overpay image so I don't worry too much about whether I 'might' have gotten it for less either.

All in all, I'm pretty laid back about Ebay. I can take it or leave it. image
  • Options
    djdilliodondjdilliodon Posts: 1,938 ✭✭
    i thought about using a program to help me snipe some stuff but i find i do a very good job on my own image Just picked up some sweet coins a few days ago that i cant believe i won them as cheap as i did. I have my eye on some for tonights sniper session image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file