Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Why are 1949 and 1963 difficult years for FB Roosies?

StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
Why are these 2 years difficult for FB issues? You rarely, if ever see a fully struck 1949-P or S in 66FB or higher. 1963 is also no picnic for the higher grades.

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.

Comments

• Options
    ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭
    If I told you, I'd have to shot you dead.......and I'd hate to do that! image

BTW, Nick just made a pretty 49P in NGC MS67FT that he listed on ebay today!
    Craig
    If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    AHHH go ahead and shoot him. image
    Dan
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>BTW, Nick just made a pretty 49P in NGC MS67FT that he listed on ebay today! >>

Isn't Nick listing a MS67/68FB Roosie all of the time? This is old news Bro! image

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭
    Bill, I have seen your 49P and the 49P PCGS 68FB and yours is the finest
    in existance.

Back to Paul's question. 10-20 years from now I believe the 49S will be the key
    date in FB with the 49P not far behind.
  • Options
    ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭
    Not that I want to disagree with Nick, but there's an interesting diacotamy here.......an that is in reference to the 63D in MS67FB. Its now been 4 1/2 years since PCGS began designating FB on dimes and in that time, only two 63D MS67's have been FB designated (I've owned both as has Nick) and both were designated in the first 2 months (I got one of them designated), and both coins were old PCGS MS67's that got designated.....in other words, no one has made a 63D PCGS MS67FB in over 4 years! Compare that with how many 58P, 57P, 56P, 55S, 54S and yes, 49P and 49S coins have been made since - there's NO comparison. The 63D is the (today) most infrequently made silver roosevelt dime bar noneover the last 4 years. Will it remain that way and if so, for how long BUT its hard for me to believe that the population of 63D PCGS MS67FB will ever be higher than the 49P or 49S. Even the mint state non-band pop's show this disparity today.

Just one collectors humble opinion......
    Craig
    If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!
  • Options
    QBertQBert Posts: 311 ✭✭✭
    63P has my vote for hardest to obtain.
  • Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭
    I have to agree on the 63P and 63D as being the toughest in 67FB. I was referring
    to FB across all grades of the date. I feel the 49S over time will prevail as the lowest
    pop across the grade spectrum having the FB designation.