Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Another Good Seller on Ebay

Item number: 190151020746

Ron's a good guy and serving the military well.

Sorry for any problems.

Comments

• Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    1) well gee, if you had used your omniscience, you would have known he was in the hospital! heh... image

2) I don't know if I'd consider this guy a "bad seller". You won the item on the 15th, he said that it'd go out by the 23rd (which is a Sunday, so push the date to the 24th). If he actually mailed it on the 25th, you'll probably see it Saturday or Monday. If this guy was giving you the run-around for a month or so, that'd be a different story. We're hardly talking a few weeks here.

Patience.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    mbothnermbothner Posts: 761 ✭✭✭
    When an auction ends and I pay right away I expect the card to be mailed much sooner then 10 days. And when it is still delayed after the week he said itwould be mailed I should get some notification from him and not a sarcastic e-mail after I inquire about my card.
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone is in a rush.

What happened to the good old days when the RonCo pocket fisherman commercial would say "Please allow 4 to 6 weeeks for delivery.", and that was ok with everyone?

image Slow down, you move too fast, you've got to make the morning last..... image
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    Heh, I'm actually practicing patience myself right now.

Won a card on the 11th, paid immediately with paypal.
    Got a Paypal notice that the guy printed a postage label for my item on the 21st.
    So far, nada.

I can wait.

The card's just gonna get put in a box in the closet when it gets here anyways.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options

I 100% agree with you. I immediately pay as soon as the auction is over. I have the courtesy to put cash in a guys pocket quickly so I expect them to have the common courtesy of getting what I purchased out to me with likewise quickness. In addition whatever I sell is either shipped out the day that I receive payment or the following day. Never have I taken any longer than 36 hours to ship something. I expect exactly the same out of others. Taking longer than a couple days to mail stuff out is inexcusable. If it is so hard to mail things out in a timely fashion then perhaps they shouldn't be conducting a online business.
  • Options
    I tolerate alot of slowness from many sellers, I think this guy's sarcastic e-mail put me over the edge.
  • Options
    Definitely. I am sure that it was a b.s. excuse to begin with anyways. He is definitely deserving of a negative.
  • Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    From what I have seen, selling cards is hazardous to your health based on the number of people who can't seem to get out of the hospital in time to mail out cards.
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    ha-aint the the truth mt-i ve had that one laid on me more than once
  • Options
    I've noticed that too.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Normally I'd say no big deal, but I agree that the last sentence in his e-mail to you was unnecessary and shows what a jerk he is.

Doubt he was even in the hospital, either.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Let me get your opinion on my recent experience. I bought an item on the 1st. Paid via paypal on the 2nd. On the 15th sent an e-mail asking if my package had shipped yet. No response. On the 20th, sent a similar e-mail. No response. On the 24th, filed a claim with paypal. On the 25th seller sent the package. Got the package on the 27th and am thrilled to have it but the work required to get what I was owed was more than I consider reasonable.
    Learn some history of the game. Join a vintage base ball team in your area and get out there.
    Simsbury Taverneers
    My PSA Sets
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    ive had to do that before, nobody wants to talk till you file a claim, then bang,they are sorry the been in botswana or their grandma died in india and was out f the country unexpectly lol-i think after 8 years ive pretty well heard em all!
  • Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    Did this seller really write all that stuff he claimed on the paypal memo to you? He told you in advance the card will be late. His last statement that you quoted was really unnecessary. Even if he thought you were pushy, he should not treat customers this way--it really is not worth it.
    No doubt this guy acted like a jerk, but you might have also been pushy. Either way, I think you will get what you paid for, but you don't need to deal with jerks anymore. This seller is not thinking long term. There will be occasions when a seller has to dump a customer or alienate him somehow, but this is not one of them. He should have just left out the last sentence and it would have been a simple direct email. A simple sorry in the end would have enhanced it regardless if he thought you were pushy. Sellers must learn to deal with the variety of customers on ebay (of course, simple deadbeats don't deserve leniency, but pushy people and picky people are within tolerance to deal with).

edit for punctuation
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options
    I'm pushy? You got to be kidding. When I pay for a card I expect a reasonable delivery and if it is not delivered in a reasonable time then I think I have the right to inquire on the status of my card. He notified me after I paid that it would not be delivered for another week. I said nothing then when I should have. Then when the card was not sent again when he said he, at the very least, should have sent another e-mail saying the card was delayed again so I am not sitting here expecting the card to show up. A little coutesy goes a long way.
  • Options

<< <i>I'm pushy? You got to be kidding. >>

Should "defensive" be added to the list? I think he said, "even if he thought you were pushy"...
  • Options
    Card did not come today (9/29) either. He said it was mailed on the 25th. I will be curious to see the date on the post mark.
  • Options
    I would be mad. I could see if the auction he mentioned that it was going to be mailed in a week, but to tell you after you pay.....This would be a neg in my book.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When it comes to buying on ebay - I think ya gotta have a lot of patience and a lot of trust.

To be honest - I don't start emailing until I haven't received the item in a couple of weeks.

After all - it's not like I'm waiting for a kidney or anything.

If ya really are the type who expects things quickly - I have a simple suggestion:

when ya look at an item ya want - check their mailing policy - contact the seller IN ADVANCE and feel them out - if the response doesn't feel right? I recommend not bidding.

mbothner - I don't think ya did anything wrong - for crying out loud - that's all ya did is email the guy - if he's a seller and doesn't like emails? Don't sell!

I would never buy from the guy again - is my recommendation.

I would hate to see us get into a 'flamer' over something like this - after all - it's the weekend!

And that's Miller time!!!
    Mike
  • Options

<< <i>I would be mad. I could see if the auction he mentioned that it was going to be mailed in a week, but to tell you after you pay.....This would be a neg in my book. >>

Here's the actual item.

This seller has a FB of 99.5% with over 20 thousand transactions with only 26 negs.

This appears to be a good seller.

He doesn't say anything about HOW LONG it will take to ship items - considering how long he's been selling - perhaps he should.

But if he doesn't - then the onus is on the BUYER to ask - and again - if ya don't like the response? I recommend ya don't bid.

This whole thing is a tempest in a teapot - and this guy - at this point - is hardly the prototypical bad ebay seller.

And giving him a neg would hardly be fair IMO.
    mike

Mike
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I'd say 10 days is a reasonable amount of time for an item to arrive after payment is made. After 14 days, I'd file a Paypal claim. Most buyers start e-mailing within 7 days, in my experience. Has he provided a tracking #? That would show that the item is in transit at least.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>TextThis seller has a FB of 99.5% with over 20 thousand transactions with only 26 negs. >>

This does not matter. I am talking about this transaction. Sellers all the time say they will leave a negative if they do not receive payment in 10 days. First of all you do not have auctions if you do not plan to be back until a week after the auction. Why should I pay promptly and then have to wait on the seller to come back from vacation? Referring to this transaction only, this is a bad seller. Being a bad seller is not always just one thing. The 2 delays on shipping is one thing. Not contacting me when he knew of the delays is another. Acting like a jerk is even another. These things combined together make him a bad seller.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>TextThis seller has a FB of 99.5% with over 20 thousand transactions with only 26 negs. >>

This does not matter. I am talking about this transaction. Sellers all the time say they will leave a negative if they do not receive payment in 10 days. First of all you do not have auctions if you do not plan to be back until a week after the auction. Why should I pay promptly and then have to wait on the seller to come back from vacation? Referring to this transaction only, this is a bad seller. Being a bad seller is not always just one thing. The 2 delays on shipping is one thing. Not contacting me when he knew of the delays is another. Acting like a jerk is even another. These things combined together make him a bad seller. >>

You're entitled to that opinion and conclusion about the seller.

But, I disagree.

It's ONLY been 14 days TOTAL since the auction sale ended.

Also - you "quoted" the seller - do you have the EXACT quote of how you questioned the seller about this?

He said "Please pay attention to your e-mails in the future and you can avoid such frustration."

Why did he perceive this as "frustration?"

Finally - and again - I read the auction - it doesn't state his shipping time - it's up to you to find this out and decide whether you want to deal with this guy.

You are just ONE of many transactions the guy probably has in a week.

To be honest - he used the word PLEASE - when referring to your situation - hardly rude.

I think you're disappointed and taking it out on what appears to be a good seller IMO.

I don't sell - don't have the patience or the stomach for it - but I would sure put you and anyone who feels this guy deserves a neg - at this point - on my block list.

mike
    Mike
  • Options

<< <i>Also - you "quoted" the seller - do you have the EXACT quote of how you questioned the seller about this?

He said "Please pay attention to your e-mails in the future and you can avoid such frustration."

Why did he perceive this as "frustration?" >>

Excellent questions here! If the OP's email to the seller was worded as venomously as the majority of the posts on this thread, I could understand why the seller wouldn't mind losing him as a customer.

Another thing to consider as you pout over a reasonable delay that the seller initially notified you about, he is located at an APO/FPO address according to his auction. My previous history shipping to/receiving from APO/FPO is that it takes a little bit longer.
  • Options
    You are entitled to your opinion. It is not mine. I never once said I was leaving a negative feedback. I called him a bad seller. Which, in my opinion, he is. What he done would surely earn him negative feeback from many customers. If he notified me instead of me having to check why I had not received my card I could be more understanding. And when he responded like a jerk instead of apologetically for the delay that crossed the line in my book. I also paid way over the value for that card and was the highest sale he had in all his completed auctions so if you think he will not miss me as a customer than I am fine with that too.
  • Options
    this reminds me of the post the other day railing the seller who charges $2 for a graded card. neither of these sellers even come close, remotely close, to being what I would describe as bad sellers. There are bigger, much bigger fish to fry on ebay.

in this case, if what the poster says is true (and we don't know what he said to the seller), then worst case, you have a slightly rude seller but not a bad seller. just my two cents.
    Mark B.

Seeking primarily PSA graded pre-war "type" cards

My PSA Registry Sets

34 Goudey, 75 Topps Mini, Hall of Fame Complete Set, 1985 Topps Tiffany, Hall of Fame Players Complete Set
  • Options
    I have no doubt I will receive the card even though it has been 2 weeks since I sent a paypal payment. I understand delays happen. It has happened to me before. And when it does the sellers are very sorry and are very nice. Sellers that rip people off are not the only sellers that are bad. Being rude, irresponsible and lying also make a bad dealer even if he delivers that card.
  • Options

<< <i>You are entitled to your opinion. It is not mine. I never once said I was leaving a negative feedback. I called him a bad seller. Which, in my opinion, he is. What he done would surely earn him negative feeback from many customers. If he notified me instead of me having to check why I had not received my card I could be more understanding. And when he responded like a jerk instead of apologetically for the delay that crossed the line in my book. I also paid way over the value for that card and was the highest sale he had in all his completed auctions so if you think he will not miss me as a customer than I am fine with that too. >>

If you're talking to me.

I never said "you" wanted to neg him - another poster did - and my statement was general to "anyone" who would consider a negative.

Your quote from the seller:

"I sent you a response to your paypal payment saying I ws out of town and that your item would not be mailed intil the 23rd at best. I was unable to get home until the 25th due to a fever that kept me in the hospital, so your card only went out yesterday. Please pay attention to your e-mails in the future and you can avoid such frustration."

This is not rude - just to the point - he also used the word PLEASE.

Also - YOU HAVEN'T GIVEN AN EXACT QUOTE OF WHAT YOU SAID TO THE SELLER?

I can get it from the seller if you give permission?

He said to avoid such frustration - why did he use this word?

Were you frustrated? Did you express frustration? You must have a very low pain threshold - I'ld hardly call this a "Bad seller" response.

If you feel it is? Then I recommend that you interview all your perspective ebay sellers to insure they have exactly the "touchy feely" stuff you need to hear if they have a couple of day delay.

And again - there's nothing I saw in his sale that says how long it takes him to ship - this is YOUR responsibility to inquire since it's not specific.

Sounds like you paid more than you wanted and now want to find something wrong with the seller to assuage your hard feelings about the whole transaction.

This guy has over TWENTY THOUSAND transactions and is at 99.5% - he's NOT a bad seller.

You may be a bad buyer - worthy of being blocked by a lot of sellers here who read this IMO.

I would not go behind your back - so this seller can come on here - but I have a good mind to link this thread to the seller so he can have equal time - you've trashed a guy who may not deserve it IMO.

Don't automatically assume that every person who posts here is like yourself and will whine when something insignificant doesn't go exactly how one wants - and will lash out at the expense of another.

mike

Mike
  • Options
    I once had a seller burn my house, steal my car, and made me drink my whiskey from an old fruit jar.
    But I left positive feedback for him because he didn't step on my Blue Suede Shoes.

• Options
    I have only stated the facts. That truth will always be the truth. If you go through this thread there are plenty that agree with me. Any seller that is rude to a buyer or vise-versa and lie are bad regardless of the outcome of the transaction. If you do not agree with this than it is your opinion. I have never said do not buy from this guy. I have only stated my opinion of hime and the facts in this case. If you think because someone has a high feedback this behavior is acceptable than once again that is your opinion. I have 2 ebay accounts with over 4000 positive feedbacks so I have been around awhile also and know what is acceptable but that is just my opinion.
  • Options

<< <i>I won this auction and paid right away with paypal. Then I get an e-mail from the seller saying he is out of town and will mail it in a week. I wait 4 business days after he said he would be back and send an e-mail wanting to know the status of the card and told him I should have received the card by now.

Here is his response and I quote

"I sent you a response to your paypal payment saying I ws out of town and that your item would not be mailed intil the 23rd at best. I was unable to get home until the 25th due to a fever that kept me in the hospital, so your card only went out yesterday. Please pay attention to your e-mails in the future and you can avoid such frustration."

All I can say is what a liar and jerk. >>

I'm gathering by your lack of a response to Mike's multiple requests for the exact email that you sent the seller that you were likely rude and are too embarrassed to share. Sharing half of a conversation and crying foul is like complaining about a fire when you lit the match.

1) September 15 - 10:43pm Pacific Time - Auction ends

2) You state that you paid right away

3) September 16 - Seller responds to your Paypal payment notifying you of a 7 day delay for shipping

4) September 27 - (4 business days after he said he would be back ) You contact the seller to ask where the item is. (this is the email you seem too embarrassed to share)

5) Seller responds saying that the item was shipped out the day before you emailed.

So the seller contacted you to initially notify you of a delay in shipping. The seller's delay then lasted an additional 2 days. You contacted the seller and he said he shipped it a day earlier. It sounds to me like the seller has communicated reasonably during the entire transaction. In fact, it is sounding more and more like another bidder just got added to my blocked bidder list. I don't need another high maintenance bidder.
  • Options
    "Everyday above ground is a good day"

The rest is just small stuff!
    Man I miss the 80's!!!
  • Options
    All that I can say is WOW!!! Some people take this WAY too seriously. What ever happened to this being fun and a hobby.

Some people do run into unexpected delays in shipping. For a lot of people like myself, I work 60 to 70 hours at my job and try my best to mail things out before work and on weekends. Bad things do happen at the post office at 4pm. I can't always get in on that day. I have received positive feedback that states " took 5 days to mail after payment was sent". I blocked him from future auctions.

I feel that if a seller tells me that there will be a delay, that is alright. As long as there is some communication from the seller. I understand that some people have a life outside of EBAY.

If this is your biggest problem in life, consider yourself very lucky. There are many people in this world that will gladly share their problems with you so you have something to really wory about.
  • Options
    Amennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn! I know Im the new guy, but this is supposed to be fun! And lets face it, we are all adults spending hard earned money on cards! These were actually made for kids to collect their heroes!
    I love em cause it reminds me of a time when life was a whole lot easier! Point is that 2 weeks+ is a stretch for a delivery. But, if it happens only now and then, chalk it up to sh*# happens!

Man I miss the 80's!!!
  • Options

<< <i>I have only stated the facts. That truth will always be the truth. If you go through this thread there are plenty that agree with me. Any seller that is rude to a buyer or vise-versa and lie are bad regardless of the outcome of the transaction. If you do not agree with this than it is your opinion. I have never said do not buy from this guy. I have only stated my opinion of hime and the facts in this case. If you think because someone has a high feedback this behavior is acceptable than once again that is your opinion. I have 2 ebay accounts with over 4000 positive feedbacks so I have been around awhile also and know what is acceptable but that is just my opinion. >>

Let's keep this simple - since that will most likely appeal to you.

1. Where was he rude?

2. Where or what did he lie about?

3. What is the EXACT message you sent the seller?

Last - I've contacted the seller and provided the URL address to this thread - if he decides to come on - perhaps:

1. We'll know exactly what you said in message to have him address you with minimal but NOT rude deference to your communication and...

2. He can defend himself from someone calling him a liar and a BAD SELLER.

IMO, shame on you for trashing what appears to be a reputable ebay seller when people have actually been screwed badly and have legitimate claims and don't come on a national forum to express it!

mike

Mike
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I won this auction and paid right away with paypal. Then I get an e-mail from the seller saying he is out of town and will mail it in a week. I wait 4 business days after he said he would be back and send an e-mail wanting to know the status of the card and told him I should have received the card by now.

Here is his response and I quote

All I can say is what a liar and jerk. >>

I'm gathering by your lack of a response to Mike's multiple requests for the exact email that you sent the seller that you were likely rude and are too embarrassed to share. Sharing half of a conversation and crying foul is like complaining about a fire when you lit the match.

1) September 15 - 10:43pm Pacific Time - Auction ends

2) You state that you paid right away

3) September 16 - Seller responds to your Paypal payment notifying you of a 7 day delay for shipping

4) September 27 - (4 business days after he said he would be back ) You contact the seller to ask where the item is. (this is the email you seem too embarrassed to share)

5) Seller responds saying that the item was shipped out the day before you emailed.

So the seller contacted you to initially notify you of a delay in shipping. The seller's delay then lasted an additional 2 days. You contacted the seller and he said he shipped it a day earlier. It sounds to me like the seller has communicated reasonably during the entire transaction. In fact, it is sounding more and more like another bidder just got added to my blocked bidder list. I don't need another high maintenance bidder. >>

Craig

Outstanding job of time-lining this whole "tragic" event.

IMO - anyone who sells on this forum may want to consider putting a block on this buyer.

I agree that this is a potential "high maintenance" person and not worth the pain of a few bucks profit.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    After several thousand ebay transactions I do not see how anyone can say a seller did nothing wrong that says he will send an item a week after the item is paid for then does not even send it then. Maybe he should put that in his description and see what it does to his sales. When you take someone's money, a seller has a responsibility and 99.9% of sellers do take it seriously. All I can say that to the defenders of this seller is to please block me. If this is accpetable behavior of a seller then me and most others would not want to buy from anyone that thinks this is ok. Where was the rude? I posted his e-mail. I and others in this thread thought it was rude so maybe you should go and try to have them blocked also. I no longer have the e-mail I sent to the seller but I just asked where my cards was? I did not think at the time that I needed to save it. My feedback speaks for itself.
  • Options

Once again - what's rude about this note?

No - he didn't kiss your ass and there's no apology - why should he apologize - he emailed you when you bought the item and gave you an "expected" shipping time - he was off by only 2 days max.

Also - why is he a liar? Because he said he would mail it in a week and was off by a day or so?

He said he was sick - why not take him at his word?

You go on to say: Being rude, irresponsible and lying also make a bad dealer even if he delivers that card.

How is he irresponsible? And again where's the "lying?"

I still think what's motivating this whole tantrum is the fact that you admit that you paid too much for the card in the first place.

And finally - you state you still haven't received the card on the 29th and he shipped on the 25th?

Did you notice he's shipping from an APO address? Who knows - that could slow this down?

You say you have over 4000 FB - that hurts rather than helps your argument - if you have all that expericence you would:

1. be a little more patient.
    2. carefully read an auction to see where the seller lives and what his shipping policy is.
    3. SAVE ALL EMAILS WHEN DEALING WITH A POTENTIAL DISPUTE.

mike

Mike
  • Options
    I guess a more appropriate title for this thread would have been "Is this acceptable behavior?". I do not think it is and neither would most others. I tolerate alot of shipping delays as do most of us and I never say anything but when an item is not shipped for at least 10 days after payment then the seller is rude I wanted to post it. Since I still have not received the item I do not know if the item was even shipped on the date the seller agave after the delays. I have always been a good buyer. I've spent $2000 on ebay just in the last month on cards and another $1500 deal with a seller here on the message boards so if someone wants to block me because I think an item should be shipped within 10 days of payment or if there is a real delay than be polite to the person that paid the money than that is their choice.
  • Options

<< <i>and neither would most others. >>

Hearsay. You can speak for no one but yourself.
  • Options
    gonzergonzer Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a sad commentary of today's generation when the the SOP is "I want it yesterday", and that is not inclusive to just E-Bay sales. Patience has become a thing of the past as has common courtesy and etiquette IMO.
  • Options

<< <i>I guess a more appropriate title for this thread would have been "Is this acceptable behavior?". I do not think it is and neither would most others. I tolerate alot of shipping delays as do most of us and I never say anything but when an item is not shipped for at least 10 days after payment then the seller is rude I wanted to post it. Since I still have not received the item I do not know if the item was even shipped on the date the seller agave after the delays. I have always been a good buyer. I've spent $2000 on ebay just in the last month on cards and another $1500 deal with a seller here on the message boards so if someone wants to block me because I think an item should be shipped within 10 days of payment or if there is a real delay than be polite to the person that paid the money than that is their choice. >>

You got that right!

You could've quoted your email and just asked - "what do you guys think of this reply?"

Also - how do we know how polite you were in your email to the person - again - why did he use the word frustration?

Last - you may get your chance to reply if he decides to join this forum and come here to answer your thread.

The only reason I'm up right now is because I hurt my back and I can't sleep.

I rarely take this much time responding to something.

Just because someone doesn't ship in your accepted timeframe doesn't make him rude.

And AGAIN, the guy said he was sick and that's why the delay - is it that you don't believe this?

Why?

And I have friends who do this for a living and they hold auctions - go on vacation - answer their emails while on vacation - then ship when they get back.

This guy is probably in the military and does this to augment his income - I spent my entire career in the US Army - we never got rich - give the guy a break and take him at his word.

I have had bigger delays than this and not come on here talking about it.

You started this thread - Another Bad Seller on Ebay - and IMO - it's not necessarily true - and the seller has kept good communication with you.

I hope nothing really bad happens in your life - I'm not sure you'll be able to cope?

mike
    Mike
  • Options

<< <i>It's a sad commentary of today's generation when the the SOP is "I want it yesterday", and that is not inclusive to just E-Bay sales. Patience has become a thing of the past as has common courtesy and etiquette IMO. >>

Have to agree with ya Gonzer.

As one of the old guys here - I do NOT live in the past. I learned that lesson listening to my dad.

But, in perspective, I do believe that people used to be a lot more civil and less apt to vent unnecessarily.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    gonzergonzer Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    10-4 Mike. Creating chaos out of a simple matter seems to the norm for many these days.
  • Options
    And I decided this is a perfect place to make a commentary:

The hallmark of a good forum is showing deference to all people no matter what their age, income or place of origin.

However - since we've been getting what appears to be more younger people joining in the past year...

I - for one - am not gonna stand by and let the PSA forum turn into another Beckett board.

Mike
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    To the guy who said that he expects shipping within 36hrs of payment or that person is a bad seller and should consider not selling on Ebay. You must not have any kind of life outside of Ebay, wow. You are probably my first neg when I shipped cards to a guy who got them 5 days after the auction ended and but he filed a paypal claim anyway and left a neg. The war between sellers and buyers is do to this crap.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    This will all be fixed once Paypal creates Shippal, which will allow sellers to transfer cards to impatient buyers via an external port on their computer.

Who am I kidding, the first time a card takes 16 seconds to get there instead of 4 seconds, im sure this guy will use that 12 seconds to email me.
  • Options

<< <i>It's a sad commentary of today's generation when the the SOP is "I want it yesterday", and that is not inclusive to just E-Bay sales. Patience has become a thing of the past as has common courtesy and etiquette IMO. >>

You hit the nail on the head!
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭

<< <i>And finally - you state you still haven't received the card on the 29th and he shipped on the 25th?

Did you notice he's shipping from an APO address? Who knows - that could slow this down?

>>

Mike you're absolutely right. In the guy's ME page on ebay, he states -

"I'm in the Air Force, and am stationed in SOUTH KOREA, so please take that into consideration when you havent received your winning bids in a couple weeks. Mail from here takes time, 10-14 days to the US, and over a month to overseas, so please dont pester me with e-mails asking what the status is."

• Options

<< <i>To the guy who said that he expects shipping within 36hrs of payment or that person is a bad seller >>

Who said anything about 36 hours? I said it is wrong to contact a buyer the next day after payment and say that the item will not be shipped for another week than after a week and a half get a rude response from the seller for inquiring on the status. I check many times when an item apprears to be a little late. Many times I get told that the seller did not get the paypal notification or something like that and the card is then shipped right out.

To the person that thinks this is an "I want it yesterday" post then you missed the entire point of the post. Buyers are for the most part at the hands of sellers once payment is sent. Luckily most sellers are very good and there is rarely an issue.

I do think several had made valid points and will keep that in mind in the future but I have only stated facts. If you feel the seller's rudeness is justified than that is your opinion but not mine. I respect people's opinions whether or not I agree with them. You will not see one place where I have attacked someone's opinion. I do not post to message boards that seller's should consider blocking a buyer because they do not like his opinion like others have done.

As for my background, I have been collecting cards more than 20 years, I am 45 years old not a kid, have excellent feedback, served 10 years in the US Army and am a single father raising 3 small kids and have a full time job. I have plenty of collecting experience and ebay experience but have very much a life outside of collecting.