Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Hey Clad Roosie Guys...check out my latest score!

Slab #71811381, 1967 PCGS MS68FB pop 2/0!

imageimageimage

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.

Comments

• Options
    cointimecointime Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paul, That's really cool! Congrats!!!

• Options
    DrizztDrizzt Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭
    Wrong PCGS # in your set?
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Wrong PCGS # in your set? >>

They haven't up-dated it as of yet. Does this help Drizz?

later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    MistercoinmanMistercoinman Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭
    Nice Score image
  • Options
    STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    You Suck

Congrats image
  • Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭
    Paul, Did you get that on a designation review, upgrade, cross or sent in raw.
    I had a 1967 MS68 that was FB. I sent it in 4 times for designation review and PC
    would not pull the trigger. I gave up on the coin and sold it. I don't remember
    who bought it.
  • Options
    That's really cool Stooge! Congrats. If anyone deserves to get a decent grade from pcgs for once, it's you!
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    Well done Paul, and the 1957 in FB was also a nice coin. image
    Dan
  • Options
    DrizztDrizzt Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭
    Updated now...all is right with the world again...image
  • Options

<< <i>Paul, Did you get that on a designation review, upgrade, cross or sent in raw.
    I had a 1967 MS68 that was FB. I sent it in 4 times for designation review and PC
    would not pull the trigger. I gave up on the coin and sold it. I don't remember
    who bought it. >>

The coin was a MS68 and was sent in for the FB designation.

Nick, I sent you a PM!

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    Congratulations Paul! That's a nice score.

Warm regards,

Just Having Fun
    Jefferson nickels, Standing Libs, and US-Philippines rock
  • Options

<< <i>Congratulations Paul! That's a nice score.

Warm regards,

Just Having Fun >>

Thanks for the comments JHF! Actually this is my first make of an MS68FB, and I still haven't made one from raw. I have made a few pre-FB MS68's but none like this to date.

Since you have posted, can you or Wondercoin give us an up-date or pre-sale news on the sale of your Roosevelt dimes? Just wondering how thats progressing.

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    Mr. Wondercoin knows more about it than I do. He's gathered up the coins, made the best set. And is re-submitting them to a few upgrades and designations. But where in the chain the coins are, I don't have the faintest foggiest idea. I've been having tons of fun out here with the US Philippine series.

Warm regards from Asia,

Just Having Fun, and lots of it imageimage
  • Options

<< <i>Mr. Wondercoin knows more about it than I do. He's gathered up the coins, made the best set. And is re-submitting them to a few upgrades and designations. >>

image Are you having the set Pedigreed? Please do!

Thanks for the up-date and still having fun myself in Rockford, Illinois!

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stooge: Congrats on your fabulous upgrade!

JHF's Roosies are moving along nicely. First, the unregistered Silver/Clad Proof coins have now nearly all been sold off. The MS Silver set is a combination of a variety of sets, including Registrycoin and OnlyRoosies former #1 sets and then some. The core set has now been assembled. I have a little more work and then it will be ready for auction. I am currently evaluating auction alternatives - in the meantime, anyone who might have a serious interest in the complete collection can always contact me - JHF is generally not adverse to selling coins outside the auction process. Ditto on the clad Roosies, although I have yet to finalize plans for that set.

Nick came out here a couple weeks and we spent some time discussing the sets over a lovely lunch on the pier. Anyone else that might have a serious interest in the sets - feel free to PM me and I'd love to have lunch with you as well.

The sets look great - the Silver Roosie set sale should be quite an event for the serious Roosie enthusiast!!

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    I wish you the best of luck JHF with the sale of your set. I hope the coins are auctioned individually though so I, Stooge, Dan etc can maybe all pick up a few. I know the three of us would especially treasure them!

Are you also going to be selling your Jefferson Nickel set?
  • Options
    Congratulations Paul! That is a very nice coin.

JHF, I wish you the best of luck with the sale. I hope to upgrade a few
    on my coins in the process.

Ron
    Martin's Collection

• Options
    GrivGriv Posts: 2,804
    Congratulation! This is exactly what collecting is all about, that absolute treasure of a find! image
  • Options
    Hey Paul,

When are we going to get pics of these Top Pop coins of yours?
    Nice collection running. Keep up the great work....image

BILL
  • Options
    QBertQBert Posts: 311 ✭✭✭
    Nice Scoreimage
  • Options
    Dear Lincolnsrule:

Well, my preference is to sell the set as a whole. It's simpler and less angina for me.

But I can understand your obvious preference for me to sell 'em off individually at an auction. And as Mr. Wondercoin points out, if we go that route, the auction will be a significant event in the numismatic world. To the best of my knowledge, that would be the first time the Roosies got serious attention from the mainstream numis community. And that would be nice, wouldn't it?

Moreover, an auction would be a fun event for serious Roosie enthusiasts.

If sold at auction, there will be an individual catalog just for the Roosie because I won't release the coins to an auction house unless there is one. I think that catalog, and the prices realized, will be a long-time benchmark for the Roosie series, and a wonderful research item for Roosie collectors for years to come. I know that when I was putting this collection together, I often wished I had had a benchmark like that.

Hello rcmlgm89: I hope you get lots of scores too. The collection is loaded with pop tops and lots of 1/0s, so this auction will be your one and only chance for some time.

Warm regards from Bangkok,

Just Having Fun, and lots of it

• Options
    J.H.F.

I concur with you that this auction of yours with both the Clads and Silvers should be a monster deal. Given enough advanced warning, I will take time off work and attend this auction.

That said, I believe that your Clad part of your set is very achievable, and if I don't do it, someone else will.

I hope to be lucky enough to add 1 or 2 of your coins to my set.

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    JHF we all know sets come and go, and that you decided that time has come for yours to do so.
    I hope the decision to let them go, does "NOT" mean you will not be coming here sharing your knowledge with us. image
    Dan