Home Metal Detecting
Options

OK, today's the day.

lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
I haven't been out since spring.

I've also put off any outdoor expeditions in the last few days.

Today I have no excuse. I'm goin'.

Results later. Maybe nothing, but at least I'll be able to say I got out. And hopefully I'll come home with some pictures, at the very least.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• Options
    Got a time in mind Rob?

Im itching so bad the detector and digger are in the truck... but havent had the chance to put them to use... might journey that way...
  • Options
    looking forward to a diggers diary....good luck to ya...hh
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We await, with great anticipation, the detailed report of your incredible finds... image Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Go get'em LordM and hope you find something good!!

HH,Tom
  • Options
    OK..where'd you go?
  • Options
    Well, I had a good day out. The finds were not spectacular, but they were definitely better than nothing.

I was so happy to find the battery charger for my camera, too, which has been missing for months. We had a happy reunion and I took lots of pictures (which I am in the process of uploading now).

Steve- in answer to your question: I went first to Gascoigne Bluff (the lower bluff, not the upper bluff where you dug that gorgeous Indian cent when we last went together). The lower bluff (county park) is still acessible, but my old stomping grounds on the upper bluff are pretty much closed off now. I had exclusive permission there for years, but the Cassina Garden Club ladies are a little more uptight about it now, so it is time to exploit the under-exploited lower bluff, which I've mostly ignored for years, since it has lots of pulltabs and is not quite as hot with plantation-era targets as the upper bluff. There is still stuff to be found there, though. After that, I decided to go on an exploratory mission down the Old Post Road, this time heading south, into Camden County. I ended up on Buck Swamp Road, and while I did not find any suitable detecting sites, I did make some interesting eyeball finds (more on that later). Finally, to close out the day, I went sidewalk and park-hopping in Old Town Brunswick, as usual.

I have pics uploaded now but have not yet composed the story. Stay tuned.

William- you and Steve could've come along, but you really didn't miss a whole lot. Of course, there's always next time.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Good to hear Rob.....Just getting out is a good thing....One of my best rattlesnake stories came from Old Post Road....Did you find where the old saw mill used to be back in the 1800's...I know for a fact that more than 5 Barber dimes have been found in that area...
  • Options
    Sounds good!

Planning anything in the near future? I can sneak away any time... I just missed out this time.
  • Options
    Get that story going LM so we can see the pic'simage

30AnvZ28 what would you that a one beak discount???image
    Thought that was funny with the bird thereimage

HH,Tom
  • Options
    Its gotta be called something right? lol... I like the one beak discount... hahaha.

I love how he just kind of casually, slowly, walks in like looking around like "dont mind me, nothing to see here" then boom, scampers out the door.
  • Options
    Steve, William: you guys gimme a call sometime, and we'll go. I'm back to work on graveyard shift again for the rest of the week, but I'll be ready for some more "digspeditions" soon.

Oh, yeah, that seagull video clip is classic. image

Results of the day were posted in their own thread, as I'm sure you've seen by now. Nothing spectacular, but it was fun, and I enjoyed taking pictures.

• Options
    Will do!!!

How does sometime next week sound? I should be getting my honda back with the new engine in it, and want to get a couple "local" hops in to make things are good before I take off to Ohio.
  • Options
    Looks like I might be off this coming weekend. A coworker needs the hours, and volunteered to pick up my shifts. I think I'll let her.

• Options
    Let me know...I can get off....Sat Sun...really any day now...
  • Options

<< <i>One of my best rattlesnake stories came from Old Post Road >>

I forgot to mention in my tale that I spotted a snake out there, and a pretty big one. But he was just a big black snake, crossing the road. He got outta my way.