Options
OT: Anyone read Field and Stream magazine?
clackamas
Posts: 5,615 ✭
My picture is in the magazine this month (Brian Maguire Oct. issue) as a hero of conservation. I won the hero of conservation for 2007. and a new Toyota tundra.
0
Comments
Very Cool....
Currently Listed: Nothing
Take Care, Dave
What did you do to earn the award?
<< <i>Congratulations!
What did you do to earn the award? >>
Got a job at NCS
Hoard the keys.
Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
"Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
"Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire
(old joke...)
I knew it would happen.
Now trade that Tundra for a Chevy.
Knowledge is the enemy of fear
<< <i> I won the hero of conservation for 2007. and a new Toyota tundra. >>
The prize seems to contradict the accomplishment -- a Tundra gets 14 mpg, right?
Now, please send money
Practice makes perfect & nobody is perfect. So, practice being nobody.
The name is LEE!
Didn't wanna get me no trade
Never want to be like papa
Working for the boss every night and day
--"Happy", by the Rolling Stones (1972)
Now details please. What did you do to win the 2007 hero of conservation?
They are generally about 3 years old. I'll catch your pic in 2010 or so.
Ray
<< <i>
<< <i> I won the hero of conservation for 2007. and a new Toyota tundra. >>
The prize seems to contradict the accomplishment -- a Tundra gets 14 mpg, right? >>
LOL, it is rather Ironic. Its a hunting and fishing magazine, any conservation is something to be happy about.
I recieved the awards for starting a hunting oriented conservation group, getting nearly 17,000 acres added to a wilderness bill and testify before a Senate Comitte on hunting and wilderness protection.
The magazine did not have photos on the web, but here is a google search that has links.Googles search links
Kinda like a ducks unlimited deal?
I know a guy down in Eugene that is heavily involved in that kind of deal, he is a great guy. Mike, that's his name. Maybe you know him.
-Randy Newman