Home Sports Talk
Options

NFL Bans Cheerleaders From Flaunting It in Front of Visiting Players

stevekstevek Posts: 27,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
NFL Bans Cheerleaders From Flaunting It in Front of Visiting Players

Posted Sep 23rd 2007 12:19PM by Michael David Smith
Filed under: NFL Gossip, NFL Rumors, Featured Stories, The Word

CBS NFL analyst Charlie Casserly reported on today's pregame show that the NFL sent a memo to all 32 teams last week informing them that home teams are not permitted to tell their cheerleaders to warm up, stretch, or otherwise do anything in front of the visiting team's bench that might distract the players before the game.

Apparently there were concerns around the league that some teams had specifically told their cheerleading units to warm up prior to the game right in front of the visiting team, in hopes that the visiting team's players would be too distracted checking out the cheerleaders to pay attention to their coaches' pregame instructions.

No word on whether it's legal to videotape the opposing team's cheerleaders.

Comments

• Options
    What, is this 'The Replacements'? heh

Were players that easily distracted?
  • Options
    The No Fun League strikes again!
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    Sorry, but I think this should be up to the players. Some guys are motivated more by looking at a pair of boobs or girating hips. If not, then it should be up to self-discipline.
    OK, I admit it. I have no self-discipline when it comes to something like this. I really like looking at the cheerleaders stretch. I only wish they'd let me tuck in a few dollar bills here and there.
  • Options
    maybe if the cheerleaders are panty-less and flashing some coochie its a distraction lol. Where is the video... we definitely need a good PROBE into this situation. Maybe The Pat's can help out with the videography.
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does the new policy ban the cheerleaders from flaunting in front of the home team's players?
  • Options
    JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭
    The Bears eliminated their cheerleaders because they thought they were a distraction. Now this. image
  • Options

<< <i>that might distract the players before the game. >>

Does this mean they will have to resort to distracting them in the locker room at half time?
    Tom
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,460 ✭✭✭✭✭
    this thread is worthless without pics! image
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next they will ban hot looking (female) network sideline reporters.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>this thread is worthless without pics! image >>

You rang?

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,541 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>this thread is worthless without pics! image >>

AGREED!!!!!!!!

• Options
    There may be some recent immigrants to the United States looking at this thread who have never seen an American football game and hence don't know what a cheerleader is. Cheerleader pics here could serve not intended as a device for lewdness and leering, but simply as a good educational tool to help the immigrants understand American customs.
  • Options
    mkg809mkg809 Posts: 1,320 ✭✭
  • Options
  • Options
    I'm not sure why, but these pics are starting to frighten me.