Home Metal Detecting
Options

Silver Eh?

Hit the park were I got three silver the other day and found a few more dollars in change, mostly clad, best finds were a 1941 wheat and a 1945 Canadian penny. Did find a very rusty old pocket watch, not much left, even the plating wore off, I think this is my third one, and all must have been cheap ones, no gold ones yet. The one small piece looks part of an old button. As I was leaving the park and walking back to my car I got one last strong quarter signal and dug the sterling silver pin:

With the colored maple leaf figure it has to have been lost by a Canadian (which may confirm my suspicion that the park was a popular spot for Canadians to visit at one time- judging by the amount of older Canadian coins found there). Other small marking is a 3 inside what looks like a large C.

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice silver find... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty, and appropriate for the onset of autumn!

I don't think there is necessarily a Canadian connection to this one, despite your finding a Canadian cent and the fact Canadians have been in the area. If it were their national symbol on that brooch (at least I think it's a brooch), then it would be all red.

Nice!

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Cool find you got there Kevin.
    HH,Tom
  • Options
    phutphut Posts: 1,087
    Mmmm, silver!!!