Home Metal Detecting

I think I just had my best silver day detecting ever- silvered three times!

Nice day, so took a quick trip back to the park where I found the old milk bottles, just when I think this place is hunted out- I dig a 1935 Washington- my oldest US quarter to date ( getting closer to a standing lib!). Swept the area close by and found a 1942 Merc. Continued to walk along and found a partial bottle sticking out of the ground, looks like it may have been a very old soda bottle- anyone heard of Gypsum brand?- glass is very thick on bottle and has a blueish green tint to it. Bottom is very thick and dished in. I searched for the top broken piece by digging around it but couldn't find it. Anyways, I walked around a bit more and started to circle back and found the 1928 Merc- 3 silvers in one day- I never remember having found more than 2 in one day before. As I was walking out of the woods I walked through an area that had been recently raked and dug a weak shallow signal- looked to be part of wrist band I from a ladies watch I thought to myself, then I looked down and a couple of feet away there it was- the main part of watch itself laying right on top of the ground, an older looking Bulova model. Anyways here's a couple of quick photos of everything I ended up finding:

Comments