Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Just got back my 4 cards from PSA. What do you guys think? :-)

Hey guys, just got back 4 cards from PSA that I sent to be graded. To my surprise, they all came back a Mint 9! What do you guys think? Sorry for the hugh scan. Thanks for lookingimage

Comments

• Options
    Ok, that Mikan auto is very cool......but....

Something just doesn't seem right when you put Bob Knight on a card with John Wooden! image

AWESOME CARDS!

Tony
    KalineFan
  • Options

<< <i>Ok, that Mikan auto is very cool......but....

Something just doesn't seem right when you put Bob Knight on a card with John Wooden! image

AWESOME CARDS!

Tony
    KalineFan >>

Hi Tony, thanksimage What do you mean by putting Knight on a card with Wooden? I'm a little lost LOL. I really don't know to much about both coachs so I wouldn't know what your talking about LOL, sorry. Thanks again
  • Options
    mkg809mkg809 Posts: 1,320 ✭✭
    I don't collect basketball but that is some neat stuff!
  • Options

<< <i>I don't collect basketball but that is some neat stuff! >>

Thanks man, i'm attempting to try to start a Basketball Hall of Fame Autograph Colletionimage Theres I think around 130+ cards in the set and these are my first 4 graded. I plan on sending in about 10 cards next and hope I get some nice grades like these. I got a long way to go but its only been 4 cards and it was a ton of fun so far so lets see what happensimage Thanks again
  • Options
    sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭

<< <i>
    Hi Tony, thanksimage What do you mean by putting Knight on a card with Wooden? I'm a little lost LOL. I really don't know to much about both coachs so I wouldn't know what your talking about LOL, sorry. Thanks again >>

I thought it has been said that Wooden never cussed out his team.
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Something just doesn't seem right when you put Bob Knight on a card with John Wooden! image >>

Definitely the first thing that popped into my mind.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Something just doesn't seem right when you put Bob Knight on a card with John Wooden! image >>

Definitely the first thing that popped into my mind. >>

Guys I have no idea what everybody is talking about LOL. Can somebody tell me the story of what your talking about because I have no clue.
  • Options
    Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but Wooden is known as an even tempered persona and Knight typically, umm...a little high strung?
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    That's an understatement. Wooden is probably one of the most venerated figures in NCAA history, and deservedly so. While Knight is pretty much an arsehole.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

Apparently you aren't aware of the Bobby Knight Chair Toss Charity night image
  • Options

<< <i>Apparently you aren't aware of the Bobby Knight Chair Toss Charity night image >>

HAHAHAHA, no I wasen'timage I had no clue that ever took place. I mean, I don't watch College Basketball. I watch Basketball games but thats about it. I'll probably try to catch a College game next time image
  • Options

<< <i>Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but Wooden is known as an even tempered persona and Knight typically, umm...a little high strung? >>

Hey, definetly not being sarcastic lol, I just don't watch College Basketball and had ni ideaimage Do you know if Wooden and Knight ever go up against eachother? Thanks for the info man.
  • Options

<< <i>That's an understatement. Wooden is probably one of the most venerated figures in NCAA history, and deservedly so. While Knight is pretty much an arsehole. >>

LOL, all this is news to me. Thanks again guysimage
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    i think the knight/wooden card is very nice

great grades too!!!
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options

<< <i>i think the knight/wooden card is very nice

great grades too!!! >>

Thanks manimage Do you think I could have gotten a PSA Gem 10 for any of these cards? I was looking at the pop report for the Mikan Inscriptions and it show only one cards graded a Mint 9 and almost all the other players have a Gem 10. It seems as if these cards almost always come back high but mine didn'timage I know it looks great but it looks even better in person so I don't know why it didn't get that Gem 10. Still happy of course with all my grades but a 10 would have been niceimage
  • Options

<< <i>Do you know if Wooden and Knight ever go up against eachother? >>

They met in the 1973 Final Four and Wooden won with Bill Walton. Knight has his problems, but he has a great basketball mind.
    "Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well."image
  • Options
    MrGMrG Posts: 620 ✭✭✭
    Man, they are huge and I almost spent my entire download time at my hotel in Germany on this thread!

Nice cards!
    Michael Gaytan (MrG)
    TGF Collection
    TGF Sports
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    That Mikan is a beauty, in fact they all are keepers. Congrats!...jay
  • Options

<< <i>Man, they are huge and I almost spent my entire download time at my hotel in Germany on this thread!

Nice cards! >>

LOL, thanks manimage You got me craking up HAHAHAHA. Sorry if I took up some of your computer timeimage But thanks for the kind words image
  • Options
    Exactly what is "Game Used" on that Knight/Wooden card?
  • Options

<< <i>That Mikan is a beauty, in fact they all are keepers. Congrats!...jay >>

Hi Jay, thank you for the kind words. Yeah I love the Mikan too, one of my favorite cards. I do have a George Mikan 2001 Greats of the Game All-American Collection Autograph numbered to 46 but thats not graded yet. The All-American auto is my favorite card. When I get the All-American Mikan graded, which one do you think would be better for the set registry for Basketball HOF Autographs? I know the All-American is numbered to only 46 copies but the Inscriptions also includes his nickname "Mr. Basketball" but its nummbered to 100. Sorry for the long read but I was just thinking about that and thought i'd share it. Thanks again for everything Jay and everybody else as wellimage

Sincerely,

Giovanni Azzarelli
  • Options

<< <i>Exactly what is "Game Used" on that Knight/Wooden card? >>

LOL, there is no game used jersey supposed to be on the card. The set is only called that. The special word they used for this card is Extra Significance. Extra has in dual auto I guess??? I know right, they should have added a piece of game used, that would have been cool!