Home Metal Detecting
Options

update on Designer platinum and diamond ring. RETURNED!

As i said in a previous post, I called the designer to see if it was possable to find the owner. They said no, so I asked about sizing the ring for myself. They said I would have to send it to them through a local jewler that they deal with.
Well last thursday I took the ring in to the jewler.
This Friday I got a call from the jewler here in chicago. Telling me that between the time I called the designer and sent the ring in the designer figured out who's ring it was. Turns out it was the designers son's ring who is going to school here in Chicago, The ring was a present from the designer to his son for recieving his Bachelor degree.
The designer deciced since I tried to return the ring and then wanted to size it for myself, as a token of his appreciation he will make me a ring Identical to the one I found and returned, Platinum and diamonds. Retail 10.500.00
Doing the right thing may not be easy and not allways profitable but sometimes paybacks are nice!!

Don't you love a happy ending.
I'll post a pic of the ring when he presents it to me.

HH Chicago Ron

imageimage

Comments

• Options
    What a wonderful story Ron and you're correct about it not always being easy to do what's right! In the end though, truth and right will always pay off. It certainly has for you!! Mary
    Be Still and Know
  • Options
    What a Wonderful ending to this story !!

You should contact the local news media & ask that they do a story on this find.. If nothing else it would be Great free publicity for the designer image

Now as to this ring being worth 10K? Tell the designer you'll just take it in CA$H instead..
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tell the story to White's as well.. could result in rewards.... great story... congratulations. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    konsolekonsole Posts: 788 ✭✭✭
    Man Uh Cure

• Options
    WOW ! ! !
    Ron, Your story needs to get out to the people. Your a good person. Thanks for the update.

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Options
    Just curious, was there any way to tell that it was indeed the designers son's ring?
  • Options
    phutphut Posts: 1,087
    Cool!!
    I'm with BBQ.....take the cashimage