Home Metal Detecting
Options

Felt the first hint of fall today...

lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
Still no cool weather, but the humidity's dropped, the breeze is strong, and even when it's sunny, the temperature is bearable. I think we had some daytime 70s.

Guess it's time to dust off ol' Charlie Garrett, and take some of the cobwebs off it.

What worries me worse is my own body- whether it's up to the challenge of some physical activity after lying dormant and couch-potatoed indoors all summer.

My mind is starting to turn towards the dirt! image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• Options
    kevinstangkevinstang Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭
    First hint of fall you say- temperature last night around here in upstate NY was 33 degrees! Good luck with the hunting, looking forward to your exploits...
  • Options
    yep, we had 36, mitten weather
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Start swingin LordM.... times a'wastin'... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    "There is no season that is better in NY City than autumn. When the birds change colors and fall from the trees."--David Letterman
    Successful transactions with: DCarr, Meltdown, Notwilight, Loki, MMR, Musky1011, cohodk, claychaser, cheezhed, guitarwes, Hayden, USMoneyLover

Proud recipient of two "You Suck" awards
  • Options
    I think Wednesday morning might be my first outing for the fall (haven't been out since spring). If I ain't too tired. I'm workin' graveyard shift Tuesday night, but if I put my bring dig clothes and the detector and leave 'em in the van, I might just hit Gascoigne Bluff (an old plantation/lumber mill site) on the way home. It's too nice not to do any diggin'. Still warm but not hot or humid. Breezy. Perfect.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Where are you located?

Here in NY it can be down right chilly.
  • Options
    phutphut Posts: 1,087
    Good luck Rob!!
  • Options

<< <i>Where are you located? >>

SE coastal GA, just north of the FL border.

• Options
    We haven't had much of a summer here in Texas, just a WHOLE BUNCH of rain. Wettest summer in history, or so I'm told. Let me tell you, that's way different than 100+ degree weather for days on end! We too got a whiff of what's ahead a couple of weeks ago. It was in the 70s for a good chunk of a morning. Can't wait for the winter!
    If it wiggles, it ain't goin' in my salad.