Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Formerly - Greatest Autographed Card in Exisitence thread. Now - SHOW OFF YOUR AUTOGRAPHED CARDS Thr

13»

Comments

• frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This guy was pretty good too, even if he is the rudest superstar athelete in history.

Shane

There's not too many of these laying around.

Shane

I'm on a roll!

Shane

• JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭
    this one is on the way
  • mbothnermbothner Posts: 761 ✭✭✭
    The OJ cards signed in prison are great and so appropriate. Wonder if he will doing some more of those in the future.
  • Here are a few that I used to have:

oaktown,

I am stunned. Those are some nice ones!

Shane

• jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    Hard set to put together with only the certified inserts, not TTM or hand signed - still need 2 more out of 10

• jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    Always liked this card too, he looks so relaxed. Not worth much but still a favorite for me.

• fandangofandango Posts: 2,622
    Great vintage Auto's!

here's my take:

• Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

PSA/DNA - now framed.

mike
    Mike
  • RedHeart54RedHeart54 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭
    I thought I'd resurrect this thread with my newest addition from the recent special, a PSA-DNA 1993 Topps Steve Olin auto. I purchased this raw a year ago for $15 and knew I was taking a chance on its authenticity. As you know, he (along with Tim Crews) was killed in March 1993 making this quite a rare card and I thought $15 was probably too good to be true.

I remember another '93 Topps Olin auto sold over a year ago but if someone would be kind enough to give me a pop report that would be great. I'd also be curious if a Tim Crews auto exists from 1993.

• Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there an auto'd 55 Topps Harry Agganis in existence? He would have had about two months to sign one before passing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Agganis
    Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,949 ✭✭✭✭
    Here are my personal favorites, being proudly displayed at my Dad's house:

• csmtampacsmtampa Posts: 1,828
    There are a lot of sweet autographs in this thread! Thank you to everyone who shared!
  • thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    These cards are NOT mine, but hopefully someday I'll own some of them in my HOF signed rookie card collection. If I had gotten my start a few years earlier, I definitely would have picked up one of the Cobb's at auction.

WARNING - Please have a bib or something on BEFORE viewing in order to catch the drool. Enjoy

Buying US Presidential autographs
    And here are a few that I own. These are not necessarily the most monetarily valuable of my collection, but my favorites nonetheless:

• EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭
    You can click on the link in my sig.... About 120 former LSUers.

I actually just sent 8 more former Tigers out today. Hope to add them soon.
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
    If it's Ok - how about a few autos - not cards....

Lou Boudreau signed batting order - notice Teddy ball is batting 3rd:

Zack Wheat:

William Harridge - President of the American League from the 30s to the 50s:

Great stuff guys!
    mike
    Mike
  • epatmythesepatmythes Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭
    I started working on this venture at the 2004 National in Cleveland... so it's been almost exactly a 5 year labor of love!

The attempt to get every living signature for the eTopps Classic Football set.

I had a friend get the Dan Fouts for me at the CSA Show in Chantilly almost two weeks ago and should be in my mail any day now. Also have another friend getting me the Phil Simms at the National next weekend... Only 2 to go!

My eTopps Classic Football Autograph Collection
  • Greatest autograph in existance? Not sure about that, but its one of my favorites!

• VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I started working on this venture at the 2004 National in Cleveland... so it's been almost exactly a 5 year labor of love!

I had a friend get the Dan Fouts for me at the CSA Show in Chantilly almost two weeks ago and should be in my mail any day now. Also have another friend getting me the Phil Simms at the National next weekend... Only 2 to go!

My eTopps Classic Football Autograph Collection >>

What a fantastic set. I just looked through all of the. Congrats on a fantastic project. Were all the #'d ones signed through the eTopps autograph program before you received them?
  • epatmythesepatmythes Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I started working on this venture at the 2004 National in Cleveland... so it's been almost exactly a 5 year labor of love!

What a fantastic set. I just looked through all of the. Congrats on a fantastic project. Were all the #'d ones signed through the eTopps autograph program before you received them? >>

The #'d ones came through three sources...

1) The first attempt at eTopps supported autographs, which were done at the 2004 National, in a (what ended up to be a nightmare mess) joint effort by employees at Topps, eTopps members running the eTopps booth at the National and TracerCode, the autograph promoter at the National at that time.

2) The eTopps autograph partner site, www.eCardAutographs.com... which as it was, I owned and operated

3) Another third party website, www.e-SportsAutographs.com (The Blanda and Bednarik) came from them

All the rest were either direct from eTopps through their aftermarket program or cards I just had signed at various shows myself (or by a trusted friend)

Very cool Eric - I wish ya the best! Only 2 ta go!

mike
    Mike
    Some cards that I really like:

Notice on the Podres auto - it say LA - and he's in a Brooklyn uni/hat:

Thanx for viewing
    mike
    Mike
    Stone,

What set is that Marvin Miller from? I'd like to get one for my signed rookie collection.

Mike
  • zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Stone,

What set is that Marvin Miller from? I'd like to get one for my signed rookie collection.

Mike >>

Mike

This was given to me by a board member whom I had sent a bunch of Topps Heritage - it's actually a numbered to 10 (10/10) card so there's a base version of it - from the 2005 Topps Fan Favorites set.

mike
    Mike
  • matthewbschultz83matthewbschultz83 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭
    Mike,

That Ortiz looks familiar....Very nice!
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

Building Sets, Collecting Texas Rangers, and Texas Tech Red Raiders
  • zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    sure does Matt - he fit very nicely in there image

thanks again man

• alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,102 ✭✭✭
    1/1
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • schr1stschr1st Posts: 1,677 ✭✭
    Here are a few that are scarce, odd, or just cool:

Scarce:

Odd:

and cool:

Who is Rober Maris?
    Mike, those auto's are unbelievable. Wow!

Shane