Home Metal Detecting
Options

What's your most annoying find???

The things that annoy me the most are the aluminum coated liners of drink products. My screwdiver goes through them and it takes a bit of time to pull them out. Pull tabs my come in quanities but you can at least hit them.

Comments

• Options
    My most annoying find is old pipelines. There's a field that I like to detect for loose change and rings, but unfortunately it's rampart with old pieces of pipe. I can't understand why, it's always been a baseball field as long as I can remember.
    Be Still and Know
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    I found an 8 ft (plus) long section of ground wire from some 12/3. I wanted to dig it up, but it wasn't coiled and was at least 5 inches in the hard clay. I worked at digging it up, and after excavating said 8 ft, I chopped it off with my digging tool and covered the whole. I was sweating by the time I gave up and this was autumn hunting. Whenever I go back to that sight, I'll run over that area and just get PO'd. I'll finish the task one day. I've found tons of modern scrapped building supplies on that hill.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    phutphut Posts: 1,087
    .22 shells and bullets.. Little buggers are hard to see when pinpointing.
    Next would be larger bullets and shotgun shells. They sound soooo good. Most of my sites are around 10:1 bulletsimagether.
  • Options
    kevinstangkevinstang Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭
    Old Bartle & James wine cooler caps- they show up as quarters on my Garrett most of the time. Also find alot of lead sinkers/fishing weights- some of those split shots can be hard to find in a pile of dirt.
  • Options
    Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
    Mine was the Dog tag I found along with the collar and skeleton

Jim
    Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandspurs.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Mine was the Dog tag I found along with the collar and skeleton >>

You too? Millennium tells a similar tale. Have both of you really dug up deceased doggies, or do we have a TH-ing urban legend on our hands?

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    WadeWade Posts: 41 ✭✭
    I hate pop cans.
    I guess the guys who built my house and did the sidewalk thought it would be good to bury their cans about a foot deep in my yard.
    Hey... sit on it!
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lead weights at the beach, pull tabs everywhere else... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Used batteries on the beach.
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • Options
    zinc cents and clad coinage.
  • Options
    Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Mine was the Dog tag I found along with the collar and skeleton >>

You too? Millennium tells a similar tale. Have both of you really dug up deceased doggies, or do we have a TH-ing urban legend on our hands? >>

I must be a legend in my own mind image

Jim
    Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set