Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Master List: Your Favorite Coin Websites (Updated 8/28/2014)

123457»

Comments

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good revival of an excellent thread
    Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    TiborTibor Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those on the "Dark Side" I recommend the following:

sixbid.com Lists future foreign coin auctions, mainly European auction houses with
    a few U.S. dealers. Also recently completed auctions.

Dealers : Jean Elsen, Brussels, Belgium elsen.eu
    Kunker, Germany kuenker.de
    Bruun Rasmussen, Denmark bruun-rasmussen.dk
    Heidrun Hohn, Germany leipzigermuenzhandlung.de
    iNumis, France inumis.com
    Classical Numismatic Group, U.S. and England cngcoins.com

Information: CoinArchives.com A great store of auction records from the last
    several years.

• Options
    STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    Thanks for the updates everyone image

I have added a Dark Side/Non-U.S. Dealers list

This will be a great subject new area to grow!
  • Options
    UltraHighReliefUltraHighRelief Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    UltraHighReliefUltraHighRelief Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    NeoStarNeoStar Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you click on Select Rarities it takes you to the FBI website. image

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,760 ✭✭✭✭
    Bowers and Merena should be removed.

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    ikegroup is no longer .org but now .info

the us mint website can be listed as US Mint (information)
    and
    https://catalog.usmint.gov/ (numismatic coin sales. no bullion sales)

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,603 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stone - RIP. Thanks for maintaining this thread over the years. I have had it bookmarked and it is a nice reference.
    "Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Stone - RIP. Thanks for maintaining this thread over the years. I have had it bookmarked and it is a nice reference. >>

Ditto.
  • Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    Broken link found: Eagle Coin Supply (under supplies category) has one to many "http" in the linkage. Please fix image

This was my first time visiting / making use of the Master List ... figures I'd click on a broken link ...
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    I just noticed the RIP comments above ... when did this happen? How sad!

It says edited August of this year. Must have been very recently. Do we know the cause?
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    It was a bamming with a stone side of "going to do other things" now (new job)

• Options
    Got it. Well then ... I guess this is the final version of the list image

I can live with that. The broken link is easy to fix in the address bar.
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Got it. Well then ... I guess this is the final version of the list image >>

he is young. i anticipate the thread being updated in the future. may be a while though.

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    WHPRATTWHPRATT Posts: 114 ✭✭✭
    Here are a couple new websites:

sarasotanumismatics.com
    mayernumismatics.com
    nwnumismatics.com

All seem to have good pics, too.

We can keep the thread going, right?

• Options
    baddogssbaddogss Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭✭
    I believe the forum member that made the OP is gone from the forum, so the OP can not be updated.
    Thank you PCGS for the Forums! ANA # 3150931 - Successful BST with: Bah1513, ckeusa, coin22lover, coinsarefun, DCW, guitarwes, SLQ, Sunshine Rare Coin, tmot99, Tdec1000, dmarks, Flatwoods, Wondercoin, Yorkshireman
    Sugar magnolia blossoms blooming, heads all empty and I don't care ...
  • Options
    thisnamztakenthisnamztaken Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do I get "Hello World" lately whenever I click on Harlan Berk's link in this list? Just those 2 words - no listings, graphics, or anything else?
    I never thought that growing old would happen so fast.
    - Jim
  • Options

<< <i>I believe the forum member that made the OP is gone from the forum, so the OP can not be updated.

If there are no objections I can start a new one

Some taterbase work an I could be swapped into this thread OP

• Options
    wevwev Posts: 139 ✭✭✭
    For those interested in American silversmiths/watchmakers/jewelers (ala counter-marked coins):

American Silversmiths & Related Craftsmen
  • Options
    Can I make a recommendation for the Information/Specialty Pages list...

Richards Roosevelt Review
    Link

This is the only website that I know of that is focused completely on Roosevelt dimes. And it's a great source for information on the series with perhaps the largest archive of Roosevelt varieties on the internet.

Also, hate to point this kind of thing out. But "Speciality" is spelled incorrectly. It should be "Specialty".
    "Man will never be perfect until he learns to create and destroy; he does know how to destroy, and that is half the battle.”
    - Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

SOLVE ET COAGULA
  • Options
    winkywinky Posts: 1,671
    I still like this one but most of the other ones also. LOVE coins so I will take anything.image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I believe the forum member that made the OP is gone from the forum, so the OP can not be updated.

If there are no objections I can start a new one

Some taterbase work an I could be swapped into this thread OP >>

- Jim
  • Options
    It's ok with me, MsMorrisine. Several links need updating/correcting.
    Is STONE not a member any longer?
    - Jim
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,839 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It's ok with me, MsMorrisine. Several links need updating/correcting.
    Is STONE not a member any longer? >>

He will always be.

RE: Membered in my heart, as everyone who is no longer here . They were and are my comrades and fellow citizens.
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now thats a list, Let me wright them down #1 darn I need to get back to the 1st page. image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭

I know that Stone reads comments - but has not been allowed to post.
    Once his time-off punishment expires - he'll work on this Master List.

He maintained it faithfully - and I know we all would like to have him back.
    Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    photogphotog Posts: 242 ✭✭
    I have a webpage to suggest - I am very familiar with it as I worked on it for quite some time! Doug Winter (my boss) is working on converting all his research and previously published books into websites. Instead of publishing books which need updating regularly as information becomes obsolete or new auction records are set, we are building sites that are essentially online books. We will be able to update information as needed, add new photos when have something worth sharing, and no one has to buy a new book to have the most current information at their fingertips. (And hey, if there's a typo, I can fix it within moments!)

It's totally free - you don't even need to sign up to use the site. There's nothing for sale, there's no sales pitches, it is simply a "book" you can access at any time from your computer, tablet, or phone. Our first site focuses on Type One liberty head double eagles. Currently, the page regarding the Paquet is under construction as Doug is working on some research. Otherwise, the type ones are complete:

Double Eagle Book

As the information is the most current, our next project is converting the third edition of the Dahlonega book to its own website - I am close to finishing the brunt of the back-end work. Then Doug can update the numismatic odds and ends, and we can go live with it, probably late this spring. Then it will be on to the next book! We will eventually be adding Type Two and Three double eagles, Charlotte, New Orleans...if Doug has written the book, it will become a website. It's not a simple undertaking for just two of us, but I am pleased to already have one site live and another nearing completion.

-Jenna
    DWN
  • Options

<< <i>I have a webpage to suggest - I am very familiar with it as I worked on it for quite some time! Doug Winter (my boss) is working on converting all his research and previously published books into websites. Instead of publishing books which need updating regularly as information becomes obsolete or new auction records are set, we are building sites that are essentially online books. We will be able to update information as needed, add new photos when have something worth sharing, and no one has to buy a new book to have the most current information at their fingertips. (And hey, if there's a typo, I can fix it within moments!)

It's totally free - you don't even need to sign up to use the site. There's nothing for sale, there's no sales pitches, it is simply a "book" you can access at any time from your computer, tablet, or phone. Our first site focuses on Type One liberty head double eagles. Currently, the page regarding the Paquet is under construction as Doug is working on some research. Otherwise, the type ones are complete:

Double Eagle Book

As the information is the most current, our next project is converting the third edition of the Dahlonega book to its own website - I am close to finishing the brunt of the back-end work. Then Doug can update the numismatic odds and ends, and we can go live with it, probably late this spring. Then it will be on to the next book! We will eventually be adding Type Two and Three double eagles, Charlotte, New Orleans...if Doug has written the book, it will become a website. It's not a simple undertaking for just two of us, but I am pleased to already have one site live and another nearing completion.

-Jenna
    DWN >>

Jenna - you're a day late and a gold dollar short... Stone has retired the website thread image
    All you need is ignorance and confidence and the success is sure - Mark Twain
  • Options
    photogphotog Posts: 242 ✭✭
    Ack! image
  • Options
    Steve
    The Black Cabinet
    A database of counterfeit coinage.
    http://www.theblackcabinet.org
  • Options
    WHPRATTWHPRATT Posts: 114 ✭✭✭
    Steve Slater has a new website. Good pics and Amazing coins! image

Link
  • Options
    Of all the databases there could possibly be, counterfeit coinage seems the most impossible. Simply because nobody really knows what is out there until it is discovered. I mean ... there could be a new counterfeit made every week and go unnoticed for months or years. Not to mention, countless versions of counterfeits of the same coin type! You could have hundreds of listings for just one type. It would go on forever ... just not a responsibility I would enjoy
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options

Why nobody posts here anymore? It’s such an useful piece of content, especially for newbies like me who are new into this fascinating space :) I would like to thank you for your effort as this was my go-to place thorough many months of education.

I’m wondering what do you guys think about the new trend which is buying gold with Bitcoin? Is it a smart (and secure) move or more like a fad? There are some legit companies that allow to make an exchange ( example ).

Do you happen to own some BTC and exchange it for precious metals as well?

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@charliex Welcome to the forums.

@MsMorrisine Is now maintaining the list.

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/971211/new-redux-master-list-your-favorite-coin-websites/p1?new=1

You should start your own thread in reference to bitcoin and PM in the PM forum, https://forums.collectors.com/categories/precious-metals

Old thread alert

• Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

ttt

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    vulcanizevulcanize Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 24, 2022 4:39PM

Great thread and thank you for the bump.

When the lockdown started, https://www.thesprucecrafts.com/hobbies-4162971 website was most helpful while trying to teach my then fourteen year old kid about numismatics because their layout design was easy on the eye. The info was just about perfect without overwheming a newbie with too many stats and structured in a way that actually encouraged one to go searching for more additional details.

• Options
    habaracahabaraca Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

GOOD STUFF worthy of a BUMP

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file