Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways

Sign up thread for my 100 Ebay feedback giveaway Winner announced last post (for now)

I haven't gotten my 100th yet, but the purchase has been made. I should get it today, or monday. So I'm starting a little early. To sign up you MUST post why you want the prize you choose. Please be honest about it.

The prizes are:
A roll of CIRC, Mercs. The hands down winner in my other poll.
If you want this, and post "melt value" or "I just like Mercs" I'm not going to be picky about the coins I send. Many will be slick.

A Proof ASE in OMP my choise of date, but if you need a specific date and I have one, I'll send it.

A 2007-W ASE in OMP

Sign up will be open untill noon on Monday 9/10. Random draw of the names will win.

OK go for it image
(Old man) Look I had a lovely supper, and all I said to my wife was, “That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah”.

(Priest) BLASPHEMY he said it again, did you hear him?

Comments

• TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭
    Because I am a coin collector and would enjoy adding them to my collection?

TorinoCobra71
  • Circ Mercs if you please.

It's been 30+ years since I've gotten one in change.

These could find their way into circulation once again.

Including a silver dime in exact change might spark an interest in collecting for some cashier.
    Or get me arrested for passing "fake" coins? image

------------------------------

image Have you rated me a 1 yet?
    GO AHEAD! I DOUBLE-DOG DARE YOU TO RATE ME A 1!
  • Because I'm a YN on a budget and I'd love to have them image
    To support LordM's European Trip, click here!
  • So what color star do you get now? I made over 140 different purchases but only have 90 feedbacks, not every seller leaves feedbacks. If I win, I would like the proof ASE and thank you for this giveaway.

John

• << <i>So what color star do you get now? I made over 140 different purchases but only have 90 feedbacks, not every seller leaves feedbacks. If I win, I would like the proof ASE and thank you for this giveaway.

John >>

I don't know??? Don't really care. Thought it a good excuse for a giveaway

(Old man) Look I had a lovely supper, and all I said to my wife was, “That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah”.

(Priest) BLASPHEMY he said it again, did you hear him?
  • duck620duck620 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭
    i would be very happy to have any of the coins you are giving away.pretty new @ this hobby,but man have i got the fever.thanks.ken...
  • tjkilliantjkillian Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭
    Please count me in, I do like circulated Winged Liberty Dimes, especially ones made during the "Great War" in Colorado.
    Tom

• Thanks for the chance, If I win I would like the dimes just because I like Mercury dimes.

• I have always like "older" coins and I have started liking Mercs a lot more lately. While I like ASEs too, older circulated coins are just more appealing to me.
  • SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sign me up please. image
    Thanks.
  • Circ Merc
    BEcuase I like free stuff?
    edited to add that im a YN if that matters
  • STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    Honestly, I would love any of those gifts.

I'd probably choose the Merc's because my neighbor, who I baby-sit for has recently shown an interest in old coins (thanks to me image ) and I would give him a few every time I go there.

Sweet giveaway and congrats on all the eBay feedbacks. image
  • congrats on 100 feedbacks. i prefer old coins so i`m in for the mercs. image
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • I am putting in for my Grandauter, she 12 now and i just bought a 1994 silver proof set for he birthday comeing up on the 20th.
    if picked how about a 1994 proof ASE

thanks for this grate change
    john
    References

Loe-steelielee-bought 690. sale
    nate-grandrapidian-bought 70. sale
    Paul-commoncents-3500+ sales
    Ken-jfoot-sold-125.00 sale
    Mike-mozeppa-bought 1080. sale
    Dave-Badger-sale 560.00
    Lochness-sale 1,000. 00
  • I would choose the mercs and give them to my 17 yr old son to go through for his album. Any that he doesn't need would probably go to my 8yr old granddaughter to help her start a folder. Right now she is just working on a State quarter album but it's about time she moves into something older.
    1969s WCLR-001 counterclash
  • johnjinxjohnjinx Posts: 365 ✭✭✭
    I would like the roll of mercs. I don't have any mercs at the moment so I would love to add them to my circulated collection.
  • holeinone1972holeinone1972 Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭
    I would choose the mercs. Most beautiful dime design ever in my opinion. I just ordered a whitman folder to start my Mercury dime collection, and the only one I have so far is a plain jane 1916 first year of issue that my father gave me years ago. It would be nice to have some to start off the folder.

Congrats on the feedback. I am only approaching 60 on the bay.

Rob

• mach19mach19 Posts: 4,002 ✭✭
    I Like the merc's also, HOWEVER, I have a set of twins I'm trying to get hooked on collecting. A birth year proof ASE would work out fine. 1992 Thank you for your timeimage
    TIN SOLDIERS & NIXON COMING image
  • CgbCgb Posts: 710
    I am a YN, and a merc dime was actually one of the first coins that caught my interest.

I would love to have a roll of merc dimes, just to look through and enjoy.

Thanks for the chance!
  • lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    thanks for the chance and a silver eagle sure would be nice...i'm just not that lucky at giveaways or contests but i enter them anyways.congrats too on the first 100 feedback...it truly can be a challenge
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• mcheathmcheath Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭
    Please enter me for the roll of circulated mercs. Maybe I can fill a couple spots in album that my grandmother took and out of circulation (in the late 50s) and gave to me last year.
  • Hello again!

Well..I chose the roll of mercs because Mercury Dimes were what I collected as a kid...was filling my old blue folders well when the folders disappeared!!! I think my brother took them and traded them for Estes model Rockets at the neighborhood hobby store..in any case...I never went back to coin collecting until many years later...and was interested in a completely different series......so...if I were to win the roll of mercs I would start another folder...in remembrance of my long lost folder.

Thanks for the chance
    RAH
  • TCoinsTCoins Posts: 566 ✭✭
    Please enter me and thanks for the chance.
  • I'm a YN...congrats on hitting 100 FB's and thanks for the giveaway. image I'll go with the roll of mercs...I don't really "do" mercs but a roll of nice circulated mercs might get me going. image
    aka Dan
  • mattnissmattniss Posts: 570 ✭✭✭✭
    First off, congratulations. I would really love to get my hands on that roll of circulated Mercury dimes. I've recently decided to work hard on filling my Merc Dansco with all circulated dimes. My grandfather bought me the Merc Dansco album right before he passed away in 2002 (I was almost 17 at the time of his death), and only recently have I had the financial situation to fill it as he would have liked to help me to do. So, if anything, in honor of my grandfather who got me started with coin collecting (he helped me fill a penny Whitman from many jars of pennies at age six minus the keys!), I'd like that roll to keep his spirit with me as I fill that Dansco.
  • I would have to say the dimes... I really like the look of them but don't really have any yet(Well ... I do have one but a roll would be really neat)
  • congradulations on your milestone,I would like any of themimage for my Grandson Tylers collection, Thanks for the chance.MoJo image
    Ebay Seller I.D
    the_northern_trading_company
    ace@airadv.net
    imageimage
  • Because your movie quote is from Life of Brian! Love my mercs good sir!
  • speetyspeety Posts: 5,424

<< <i>Because I'm a YN on a budget and I'd love to have them image >>

I couldn't have said it any better!
    Want to buy an auction catalog for the William Hesslein Sale (December 2, 1926). Thanks to all those who have helped us obtain the others!!!

• lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks. This is the first time I was ever invited via PM to join a giveaway!

I suppose I would choose the 2007-W ASE because I gave away my last 2007 to somebody for their newborn.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    If I win, I'd like the 2007-W ASE in OMP, because I don't have one yet.

Good luck in your 100 eBay feedback, all positive I presume? image
  • dcamp78dcamp78 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭
    I'd like the A Proof ASE in OMP because I own zero of them so far.

Thanks for the chance.
    Big Dave
    -------------------------
    Good trades with: DaveN, Tydye, IStillLikeZARCoins, Fjord, Louie, BRdude
    Good buys from: LordMarcovan, Aethelred, Ajaan, PrivateCoinCollector, LindeDad, Peaceman, Spoon, DrJules, jjrrww
    Good sale to: Nicholasz219
  • Mercs???? OMG - this will be a MAJOR fight between my YN (Nicole) & me..... (both using the same account) - but I got me entry in FIRST!!!!! (okay, okay.... I'll share)
  • Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,267 ✭✭✭
    The Mercs; why, because it's easier to split them between three YNs than the other two.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,977 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd take a A 2007-W ASE in OMP cuz I don't believe that my little cutie patootie granddaughter has one yet.
    Thanks for the chance Paul.
  • I am just getting back into the coin collecting game once again after a few major set backs and am starting to put together some Dansco albums. I have two small grandchildren and am teaching them what I know of this hobby (limited knowledge here but I love leaarning with them). So my preference for this giveaway would be the Mercs. But I enjoy everything about this hobby and all coins that I have are used to try to spark interest in new and future collectors.
    Thanks for the chance!
  • jrscoinjrscoin Posts: 227 ✭✭
    I just like Mercs!
    I would like to start a merc album...
    I think I only own 1 of them now.

Thank you for your giveaway.
  • cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,890 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd take the mercs...I already have a PR-70 UC 2007 ASE, and I have a lot of other ones...besides, I'm a variety hunter, and I'd have fun searching them...

--Christian
    You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • droopyddroopyd Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the chance -- any of the ASEs would be greatly appeciated (as I only have 1 ASE now and already have a couple of rolls of Mercs).
    Me at the Springfield coin show:
    60 years into this hobby and I'm still working on my Lincoln set!
  • RNCHSNRNCHSN Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭
    mix of circ mercs.......

Because I give them away to YN at coin shows when they come to my table.
  • cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Id like to get another 2006 proof ASE, I sold te one I ad and regret doing it.image
    Many happy BST transactions
  • I'd love the mercs. I've had the idea of starting a circulated merc set, but have never really started. This would get the ball rolling for me.

• Coll3ctorColl3ctor Posts: 3,310 ✭✭✭
    A mercury dime is what got me collecting back in 1973 when my father found one in the yard of our new house and gave it to me (after he polished it all up with car wax) image

ThanX for the chance !!!

Gary
  • BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    Hi,
    Thank you for your generosity, Paul.

In my many interactions with you, I have found you to be a very compassionate person, evidenced once again right HERE by giving of yourself when you really don't have to. You really are a special human being!

2007 marks a new beginning for me in many ways and although I am quite capable of buying my own, to have a 2007 ASE or A 2007-W ASE in OMP, (or whatever you see fit) from You.... Well - it would only serve to make this year that much more special to me.

Regardless of the outcome, I wish to thank you, just for being You. You've got a BIG heart and I am proud to call you "Friend." image
  • GrimReaperGrimReaper Posts: 861 ✭✭✭
    Circ mercs , slick or not I need to fill my daughters merc book !!

Looking for Atlanta $1-$20 Series 1928-present + Stars , Raw or Graded !! &
    FR-1509 ,FR-1509*,FR-1510,FR-1510*,FR-1511*,FR-1512*,FR-1514*
    in PCGS 66 or 67PPQ**

EBAY ITEMS
    Check out - BrettEldredge.com !! Hometown Singer

• BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just read your USCF post....on separating into decades...sounds like fun image

On a serious note...did you at least check for 42/41?

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• I just like Mercs

I'm a new collector and would look forward to the anticipation looking to see what I might find.
  • Please enter me. I would like the roll of mercury dimes. They are the reason i got back into collecting coins. I am working on completing and upgrading the ones i bought and got from a sweet older lady on my paperroute as a preteen/teenager. Thanks for the giveaway
  • busco69busco69 Posts: 815 ✭✭
    Mercs because I am working on an extra whitman book for my Grandson.
    ''Coin collecting is the only hobby where you can spend all your money and still have some left''
  • raycycaraycyca Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭
    You only live life once, enjoy it like it's your last day. It just MIGHT be!