Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Comments

• Options
    colebearcolebear Posts: 886 ✭✭
  • Options
    thanks....us newbies....
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe this is one of those cards packaged with cigarettes years ago. Card is in tremendous shape and should be graded.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    thank you...that's what i wanted someone else to notice...and if you look at his history, he has mostly sold baseball cards, which means he knows about them, but in the listing he plays dumb about it to downplay it. he knows it's a fake, but hey, to sell a fake for at least $25....
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    You can see at the bottom of the reverse of the card that the reprint line had been scratched out. Always a scammer...
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's sad, though, is that some chump will bid a couple hundred bucks on this copy thinking maybe, just maybe...

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    jamesryanbelljamesryanbell Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭

<< <i>You can see at the bottom of the reverse of the card that the reprint line had been scratched out. Always a scammer... >>

-- Ryan Bell
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Humorous - he tries to act ignorant:

"Not real sure about this card it was in a box of stuff i bought at a yard sale years ago. I just came across it moving. I believe this is one of those cards packaged with cigarettes years ago. Card is in tremendous shape and should be graded. Should grade very well only thing i see wrong is some wear on the bottom back of card."

But yet he lists the card almost perfectly - should have also mentioned t206 but it doesn't matter much for ebay hits as far as this card is concerned:

"Honus Wagner Piedmont cigarette card"

• Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    unbelievable - you gotta be really, truly, pathetically stupid to bid on that...

Let's hope neither the bidders nor the seller have the audacity to reproduce
  • Options
    i bid on it!!.....and my kids are quite bright...thank you.....lol......the real ones cost more than my house....so i think this one would look cool in my card drawer..........
  • Options
    I've always thought that card would look nice in a screwdown hanging on the wall in the kitchen. It does sell for $2 everyday. The high bidder has zero feedback, hopefully he has zero intention of paying $50 for it

http://cgi.ebay.com/Honus-Wagner-Reprint-Card-Very-Nice-Condition-1910_W0QQitemZ330159583833QQihZ014QQcategoryZ86840QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    Tom
  • Options
    Up to to $75 and counting...
  • Options
    Sad thing is I could see that card submitted to that snaptite grading service SCG that we've been making fun of in several recent threads, or Pro and getting a grade of NM...
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options
    I just put in a snipe for $500,000.01
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    This guy is a real douche

he cancelled it and now he has it listed "might be a reprint"

but he added to the description that he doesn't think it is a reprint.
  • Options
    Too pathetic for words and ebay allows this crap.

I have had several emails about this card being a reprint. I have no idea if this card is legitiment like i said i found the card moving it says piedmont cigarette card. i don't think i will get a million dollars for it i'm not looking for big money. If this card is real it would be my loss your gain so stop emailing me i do not know if the card is real and i did not list it that way. I did not list it under t206 cat. it is under cat. other

Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Cards > Baseball-MLB > Other

i ended auction early i got alot of emails concerning the authenticity of the card so to be fair i will relist the card as a possible reprint. I do not think it is but i need to be fair since i'm not 100% sure
  • Options
    The old yellowed top loader was a nice touch.
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    ha-everybody ought to have one of those lol, 2.00 card at least!just a smite bit too clena and white to be a wayne gretzkey real one, do well to find one thats beat to death,they just arent around!wonder if he has the whole reprint set,i used to ,but they said reprint on em