Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Damaged 1889cc Morgan - Would buy this???

This is really bad! 1889cc Ebay

My Registry Sets! PCGS Registry

Comments

• Options
    STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    Fairly uniqie nitches on the coin!!!
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,513 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was it in jewelrey or a belt buckel?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    commoncents05commoncents05 Posts: 10,078 ✭✭✭
    Assuming it's real, I wouldn't buy it. You can get a problem free example in that kind of grade for around the same money.

-Paul
    Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com
  • Options
    not for that price
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    "Would buy this???"

What?
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
  • Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a shame... both the coin's damage and the wildly absurd price.
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Options
    curlycurly Posts: 2,880

Brother, if I were looking for a low grade 89CC with four notches in it, I might consider it, otherwise.....no.
    Every man is a self made man.
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That thing just barely missed the big melt down. Too bad it missed the train.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even if it wasn’t damaged, I would not buy anything from this seller…Look at his feedback record & seller rating. "El Stinko."image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    123cents123cents Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭
    JUNK!!image
  • Options
    tightbudgettightbudget Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭
    For $100, sure.
  • Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
  • Options
    TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Was it in jewelrey or a belt buckel? >>

PH, you are right, it is a ex-jewelry piece.

TC71
  • Options
    JJMJJM Posts: 7,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
    not for that $$$
    👍BST's erickso1,cone10,MICHAELDIXON,TennesseeDave,p8nt,jmdm1194,RWW,robkool,Ahrensdad,Timbuk3,Downtown1974,bigjpst,mustanggt,Yorkshireman,idratherbgardening,SurfinxHI,derryb,masscrew,Walkerguy21D,MJ1927,sniocsu,Coll3tor,doubleeagle07,luciobar1980,PerryHall,SNMAM,mbcoin,liefgold,keyman64,maprince230,TorinoCobra71,RB1026,Weiss,LukeMarshall,Wingsrule,Silveryfire, pointfivezero,IKE1964,AL410, Tdec1000, AnkurJ,guitarwes,Type2,Bp777,jfoot113,JWP,mattniss,dantheman984,jclovescoins,Collectorcoins,Weather11am,Namvet69,kansasman,Bruce7789,ADG,Larrob37
  • Options
    lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree...'89 Carsons are tough and you'll expect to pay quite a bit for one with no damage. This piece should be priced at less than half of what the auction starting price is. Even then...the damage is there and won't miraculously go away after you purchase it!

L
    Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • Options
    UtahCoinUtahCoin Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this came in my shop, I would offer $100 for it and price it at $200, and feel lucky when I sold it at $150
    I used to be somebody, now I'm just a coin collector.
    Recipient of the coveted "You Suck" award, April 2009 for cherrypicking a 1833 CBHD LM-5, and April 2022 for a 1835 LM-12, and again in Aug 2012 for picking off a 1952 FS-902.
  • Options
    UtahCoinUtahCoin Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps THIS coin doctor could tone it up and get some big money for it....
    I used to be somebody, now I'm just a coin collector.
    Recipient of the coveted "You Suck" award, April 2009 for cherrypicking a 1833 CBHD LM-5, and April 2022 for a 1835 LM-12, and again in Aug 2012 for picking off a 1952 FS-902.
  • Options
    anablepanablep Posts: 5,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bleh, and double bleh...
    Always looking for attractive rim toned Morgan and Peace dollars in PCGS or (older) ANA/ANACS holders!

"Bongo hurtles along the rain soaked highway of life on underinflated bald retread tires."

~Wayne
  • Options
    I want an 1889-CC, but not that bad!
    Exclusively collecting Capped Bust Halves in VF to AU, especially rarity 3 and up.
    Joe G.
    Great BST purchases completed with commoncents123, p8nt, blu62vette and Stuart. Great coin swaps completed with rah1959, eyoung429 and Zug. Top-notch consignment experience with Russ.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file