Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Another spouse thread. Who will not slab?

If I got my order in on time (which I think I did) I will be a keeper of this coin - unless it goes absolutley crazy. I won't be slabbing it, as it will just go in my collection, and I think the packaging is pretty nice. I also don't think there will be too many left unslabbed.

And you?

Comments

• Options
    I'll get it FS'd slabbed. For the two coins I'll keep, that is pretty cheap.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,904 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know I'm a KoolAid guy, but the spouses look best in the raw image
  • Options
    I will NOT slob
  • Options
    ttownttown Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Why bother? I like mine in the orginial goverment packages, the way you guys slab these they might be rare in the future.
  • Options
    KaelasdadKaelasdad Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭
    Im wondering, since it going to be very difficult to go bulk on these, and thats where the FS label is available, just how many will be slabbed at all? Might be very tough indeed to get a nice 70 FS.
  • Options
    bluelobsterbluelobster Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭
    No first stike early release for me....although I am thinking of getting a last strike or late release designation...i figure they will be much rarer ;~)

But seriously isn't the mint packaging nicer than a slab? maybe it's just me...
  • Options
    BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Im wondering, since it going to be very difficult to go bulk on these >>

You don't have to send in a 'Bulk' lot of these to get the FS label. Just send in the extra 10 bucks.
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • Options
    GritsManGritsMan Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭
    No slab here. Why ruin so much of the coin's aesthetic beauty? Of course, I hope everyone else DOES slab. It'll make mine that much more special later on...
    Winner of the Coveted Devil Award June 8th, 2010
  • Options
    123cents123cents Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭
    I will not be slabbing. I like the coins the way they come from the mint.
  • Options
    SNMANSNMAN Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭
    keeping it sealed for nowimage
    Positive Transactions with: justindan; Drunner; Segoja, Dragon, fivecents, Connecticoin, WTCG, gsa1fan, abitofthisabitofthat; commoncents05;Broadstruck; and ......more
  • Options
    I'll sell mine in the unopened box.

• Options
    AmigoAmigo Posts: 966

I haven't decided. The presentation case looks nice, however getting it slabbed would cut down on some of the bulk and make for easier storing. I'm thinking selling the Unc and keeping the proof, or vice versa depending upon seeing the actual coins. Of course, assuming I get them from the mint.

What's the requirement to get the FS desig ? Does it have to be sent in unopened ? within how many days after what time ?

Thanks
  • Options

<< <i>I haven't decided. The presentation case looks nice, however getting it slabbed would cut down on some of the bulk and make for easier storing. I'm thinking selling the Unc and keeping the proof, or vice versa depending upon seeing the actual coins. Of course, assuming I get them from the mint.

What's the requirement to get the FS desig ? Does it have to be sent in unopened ? within how many days after what time ?

Thanks >>

Actually not slabing cuts down on the bulk for me. I remove the coin and put it in my safty deposit box and store the box in a truck I have upstairs. I like my women rawimage
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would not slab, if the coin does not qualify for a First Strike label. Ebay sales for the First Spouse coins are a good barometer. In addition, NGC graded coins are selling at a discount compared to the same graded PCGS coins. image (At times, at a substantial discount)
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    The presentation case is pretty big, has anyone tried to see if it will hold the slab?
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I haven't decided. The presentation case looks nice, however getting it slabbed would cut down on some of the bulk and make for easier storing. I'm thinking selling the Unc and keeping the proof, or vice versa depending upon seeing the actual coins. Of course, assuming I get them from the mint.

Thanks >>

Actually not slabing cuts down on the bulk for me. I remove the coin and put it in my safty deposit box and store the box in a truck I have upstairs. I like my women rawimage >>

Alright I give, how did you get a truck upstairs? image
  • Options
    KonaheadKonahead Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭
    no plastic for these bad boys, OGP!
    PEACE! This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Fred, Las Vegas, NV
  • Options
    [q Alright I give, how did you get a truck upstairs? image >>

Yea, Yea, Yea......Guess it's time for a beerimage Those Trucks hold a lot more boxes then a trunk ya knowimage
  • Options

Thanks >>

Even if you slab it, won't most people still be looking for the OPG along with the SLAB? I know if I was going to buy later on I would be looking for that. IMHO

Fred, Las Vegas, NV
  • Options

<< <i>[q Alright I give, how did you get a truck upstairs? image >>

Yea, Yea, Yea......Guess it's time for a beerimage Those Trucks hold a lot more boxes then a trunk ya knowimage >>

imageimage

Fred, Las Vegas, NV
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks

$10 additional fee....does not have to be send in the unopened box if submitted withing the prescribed time frame, which will be published by PCGS. In the past, it has been 30 days after the Mint starts to mail out the item.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,799 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The few modern Mint products that I own have all been bought raw with original government packaging and I did this specifically because I did not want to buy the slabbed product. Therefore, if I were to get the Jefferson First Spouse coins then I would keep them raw regardless of my intention of selling or keeping in my collection.
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    RarityRarity Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭✭
    I'll keep the coin in OGP because I like its authenticity look.

Only time I prefer to buy slabbed coins was when they often arrived in broken capsules (ex: $5 San Francisco Old Mint gold).
  • Options
    I'm sure at some point this has been answered, but I have not seen the answer - Although I see otherwise here, I thought to get the "FS" designation it had to be submitted in the origional unopened package...if you do this, do you get the origional mint packaging returned to you, so that if it were desired at a later date by whoever that it could be returned to origional as received from the mint packaging?
  • Options
    Add $2 per coin to get OGP back and make a notation in the "other" section of the submission form.

Add $10 per coin for FS and make a notation in the "other" section of the submission form. Coins must be submitted within 30 days of shipping from mint or must be in mint sealed packaging showing a shipping date within that time period.
  • Options
    mint package on these are wonderful. slabs will weaken the presentation and they are def better looking in the raw.
    ---
    If it ain't about the money lord knows i've gone insane
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of each of the MS and Proof are staying in their mint packaging, and will live in the same safety deposit box as these raw beauties

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    Baley, Nice coins!!!!!!
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm sure at some point this has been answered, but I have not seen the answer - Although I see otherwise here, I thought to get the "FS" designation it had to be submitted in the origional unopened package...if you do this, do you get the origional mint packaging returned to you, so that if it were desired at a later date by whoever that it could be returned to origional as received from the mint packaging? >>

i sent my MW in the capsules only becaue it was before the FS deadline

after the deadline they need to be in sealed mint shipping box with a ship date prior to cut-off date
  • Options

<< <i>Im wondering, since it going to be very difficult to go bulk on these, and thats where the FS label is available, just how many will be slabbed at all? Might be very tough indeed to get a nice 70 FS. >>

i agree. pcgs first strike 70`s will be cash cows. the rest will settle to a little above mint pricing after the initial craziness image
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Options
    tychojoetychojoe Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭
    I love that presentation and that collection!

Baley's Draped Bust Collection

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file