Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

how many members have at least 1 seated dime?

2»

Comments

  • Options
    mozeppamozeppa Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭
    "how many members have at least 1 seated dime?"


    A what?.....is that a coin?....there are other types of coins other than cents?...huh?...i never knew!image
  • Options
    richardshipprichardshipp Posts: 5,647 ✭✭✭
    I have 3...... all 1853. The "P", "O", and "No Arrow" image
  • Options
    23Pairer23Pairer Posts: 911 ✭✭✭


    << <i>Me gots one and me loves it.image

    imageimage >>



    Me lovez it too, my precious! Gollum, Gollum
  • Options
    seateddimeseateddime Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭


    << <i>Sure, I've got a couple (typeset and one that has cool toning) but I don't consider them anything special...the design isn't special and they are small. >>



    Must collect modern crap
    I seldom check PM's but do check emails often jason@seated.org

    Buying top quality Seated Dimes in Gem BU and Proof.

    Buying great coins - monster eye appeal only.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    in my Dansco 7070 set, I sure do
  • Options
    Yep, in my type set.
  • Options
    DRUNNERDRUNNER Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A couple in type . . . most recent is an 1888 in PCGS 63.

    Nice coins . . .

    Drunner
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    None here. They are ugly and mostly cleaned, I prefer modern crapimage
  • Options
    I have a few.
  • Options
    MidLifeCrisisMidLifeCrisis Posts: 10,617 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>Don't actively collect them, but Great Grandma left us about 60. No great dates or grades, but wonderful memories. You won't see mine on ebay anytime soon. >>


    I don't have any...I just thought that was cool. As someone who has seriously studied my family's history, I think it's neat to have coins or any other objects that our ancestors used.
  • Options
    image
    image
  • Options
    I have...... ONE - Not the purdiest sight, but it was the right DATE!

    imageimage
  • Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 23,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a few, but could not be considered in any way a specialist.
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

    In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

    image
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 18,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I replied earlier stating I don't have one and never had. That's changed now with the addition of this beauty to my Southern Silver set. image

    imageimage
  • Options
    NysotoNysoto Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My one seated liberty coin is a dime, 1856-O F12. Purchased at Al's Treasure Hut in Seattle in 1981, I like the coin and look at it about every two years.
    Robert Scot: Engraving Liberty - biography of US Mint's first chief engraver
  • Options
    I have an 1876 seated dime.
  • Options
    ernie11ernie11 Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A few. 1852-O,1887, 1890, 1891, and, strangely enough, an 1872-CC dime my grandfather owned, that I submitted to ANACS years ago and came back counterfeit, in their opinion.
  • Options
    boiler78boiler78 Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 5 of course four are patternsimage
    image

    from an original 1871 proof set


    image
    J825

    image
    J641

    image
    J1085

    image
    J1079
  • Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭
    I used to have a complete set. Sold it off over the last 6 months. All I have now are the ones in my Dansco 7070, a seated dime-love token I found on Ebay with my wife's initials, and this one:


    image
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 35,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the AU and better grades, I have one for each type. That includes the following:

    1837 No Stars
    No Drapery
    With Drapery
    1853 with arrows
    Legend obverse
    1874 with arrows.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    i own a few, this is one.

    image

    image
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Options
    66RB66RB Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭
    hey, I got one of those! The only reason I have it is because my wife's grandfather gave it to me, along with a few other cool coinsimage



    imageimage
  • Options
    robecrobec Posts: 7,053 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a few.....you can see them in my complete set.

    I used to have hundreds more when I was doing varities.

    Jon
  • Options
    Got a few, including a couple nice ones I got from Barry
  • Options
    I got a few. Ibought a 1845 0 Dime many years ago from a dealer that sold mostly cleaned and damaged coins. This one was an exception though. I sent it in to PCGS several years ago and it came back a EF 40. So now its in a OGH and has some pretty color to it to. Anyone have a ballpark as to what is it worth.Sorry no pictures.
  • Options
    One, 1861. Pulled from circulation back in the 1960's.
  • Options
    None here. I have a hard enough time handling dimes in general, too small.
    Exclusively collecting Capped Bust Halves in VF to AU, especially rarity 3 and up.
    image
    Joe G.
    Great BST purchases completed with commoncents123, p8nt, blu62vette and Stuart. Great coin swaps completed with rah1959, eyoung429 and Zug. Top-notch consignment experience with Russ.
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have two this is one. imageimage


    Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    Snowman24Snowman24 Posts: 469 ✭✭✭
    got 4 but they are not worth grading

    1838,1842,1873 arrows,1877
  • Options
    CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 45,371 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Several, in dealer stock (mostly low-end circs), in my collection (mostly holed pieces on my Holey Coin Vest, including some ornate love tokens), and in my detector find album (I've dug up four).

    Probably my favorite is the 1839 I dug on an old plantation site.

    Collector since 1976. On the CU forums here since 2001.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file