Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Roop Archiver Card Boxes

Does anyone know where I can find the Roop Archiver Card Boxes preferably in wood? I went to the M. J. Roop website and apparently they shuttered their operation in February.

Comments

• Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Good luck to you - they are the hottest thing in the hobby now that they have gone out of business. The ones that occasionally pop up on Ebay have sold for stupid money.

• Options
    PT Freund Co. made them for Roop, they still have some in stock. Get a group together to purchase a bunch - they will do decent pricing for 20+ boxes.
    C56, V252, V128-1 sets
    Hall of Famers from all 4 sports
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't there another company that sells a similar product? Im not sure if this the one that was posted a few months back.
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    I would be interested in going in on 5 boxes.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    Thanks for the info on P T Fruend. I googled them and found they are in Palmyra NY. I am going to give them a call tomorrow to get a minimum order quantity and price for the wooden PSA archive boxes. If anyone else is interested in these let me know.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PM me on how much it would cost, I would be interested in paying for 1 or 2 Thanks!
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    2 for me please as well
  • Options
    Depending on the cost, I could be interested too.
  • Options
    mkg809mkg809 Posts: 1,320 ✭✭
    Depending on the cost, I could be interested too.

ditto
  • Options
    firstbase23firstbase23 Posts: 448 ✭✭✭
    I might be interested in a couple also.
  • Options
    262Runner262Runner Posts: 606 ✭✭✭
    If we can get them, I would like 2 or 3 as well

Collecting all cards - Gus Zernial
    Post Cereal both raw and PSA Graded (1961-1963)

• Options
    mealewormmealeworm Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭
    Depending on cost I would be in for two as well.

Dave
    1957 Topps 99% 7.40 GPA
    Hank Aaron Basic PSA 7-8(75%)
  • Options
    See below link. The boxes are not wood, but they are the same boxes provided by Roop previously.

http://www.archivalmethods.com/Product.cfm?categoryid=1&Productid=99
  • Options
    hankcaddyhankcaddy Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i might be interested also, probably looking at 1 to start
    thanks
    hank
    currently collecting baseball of
    2004 spx
    1989 topps psa 10
    1959 phillies
    Phillies of the 70's
  • Options
    i will take 3.
    thanks
  • Options
    I located a small quantity of new wooden Roop Archive boxes but I must take delivery of the lot. Therefore no drop shipping is allowed so I will need to re-ship to each individual party. I can sell them to those interested for $75 each delivered. The boxes will be sold on a first paid, first guaranteed delivery basis. I will post a notice when the inventory is exhausted. If interested, please send $75 for each box wanted to my paypal address: jckorth@fuse.net

My eBay name is korthjc and I have a 6682 rating. Rest assured you will receive your boxes or your funds will be returned if the supply is exhausted.

This could be the last time these boxes will be made available since Roop has shuttered their operation.

Regards....Jeff

• Options
    Thanks Jeff, payment sent!

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    firstbase23firstbase23 Posts: 448 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Jeff. I also have sent payment.

Matt
  • Options
    How many slabs do one of these boxes hold?
    Approx #? Anyone know?
    ----------------------------------------
    Currently working on:
    1955 Topps All-American
    George Brett Master Set
    2009 A&G's
  • Options
    176, but it's tight. 172 is a bit safer.

• Options
    I bought a wooden box from MJ Roop for my HOW cards.The box has 4 rows - each of which hold 45 cards - 190 total
    30's R Want List:

R73 1933 Goudey Indian Gum - Series 288 - Nos. 118
    Also looking for 1953 Parkhurst & 1953 Quaker Oats Ripley's BION.

If you have any available for sale PM me
  • Options
    paypal sent for 1 box Thanks very much
    Always Buying & Collecting 1957 Topps Baseball 1914 cj,s 1978 bb and any Hof bb
  • Options
    Jeff, do you still have some left. I will send payment for 2 if you still have them.

Dave

• Options
    OK, I dont get it, but I will drop in here.

What is the big deal about these boxes?
  • Options
    i will take one if there are any left
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    UPDATE: There are only 13 boxes left so get your money to me this weekend to guarantee the Roop boxes you need. I will be leaving for the Georgia Tech vs Notre Dame football game later today and I will have limited email access in South Bend. I will respond to any questions on Sunday when I return.

FOR THOSE WHO HAVE PAID: I am told my shipment of boxes should be sent via UPS Late next week. Therefore, my intention is to ship to you via UPS the following week.

Regards,
    Jeff

• Options
    DerekDDerekD Posts: 388 ✭✭
    Jeff,

Any chance you came across any of the black Roop tall boy boxes?

Thanks,
    Derek

Go Jackets!!!!
  • Options
    Hitking, let me know if you have any left. I'll get payment ASAP.
    Thx.
  • Options
    payment sent
    thanks
    hank
    2004 spx
    1989 topps psa 10
    1959 phillies
    Phillies of the 70's
  • Options
    Jeff

I sent you payment for two boxes. Thanks.

David
  • Options
    paypal payment sent for 1 box.
  • Options
    UPDATE: I just wanted to let everyone know there are now only 5 boxes left. Those who have already sent money via Paypal will get boxes and they will re-ship as soon as they arrive.

Regards...Jeff
  • Options
    thanks Jeff!

• Options
    mandeldmandeld Posts: 350 ✭✭
    Does anyone have a picture of these boxes?
    Successful transactions with: vintagetoppsguy, packman, barndog, Big80s, MurphDawg, BrackAttack, mealeworm, Publius, Whiteshoes, bigredone, rube26105, ledsters, reelinintheyears, digicat, themetalsign, OSClabs, 1420sports, bighurt2000, MeteoriteGuy, lsutigers1973, skier07, Machodoc, gameusedhoop, tennesseebanker, Downtown1974, CGeorge, Salinas, corvette1340, lbcoach20, initialD, IJustLoveCards, TedSimmonsFan, Goldlabels, Lothar52, bigred1, Bosox1976, itzagoner, svtPONY95
  • Options

• Options
    paypal sent for three boxes. Thanks for taking the time to locate these boxes.

Dave

• Options
    I'll take the last 2, let me know if there are 2!
  • Options
    well I guess from the majority of this thread...payment sent for 2 boxes, I htink that takes care of it, has everyone paid?
  • Options
    Update: All Roop boxes have been paid for. Ripublicaninmass purchased the last 2. I will let everyone know when I receive the boxes as well as when they are re-shipped to you.

Jeff
  • Options
    Thanks for the effort i look forward to it! Jeff
    Always Buying & Collecting 1957 Topps Baseball 1914 cj,s 1978 bb and any Hof bb
  • Options
    thanks
    , looking fwd to it

hank
    2004 spx
    1989 topps psa 10
    1959 phillies
    Phillies of the 70's
  • Options
    thanks, glad I got in, please`let me know when they get to you!

Ted
  • Options
    ttt
  • Options
    Jeff, any idea when you wil lhave the boxes? I am excited!
  • Options
    UMMMMM..anyone heard from hitking?
  • Options
    Gary = HitKing?
  • Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭
    uh oh..8 days since his last post.

I would be calling P T Fruend to see if he placed the order and when/if the boxes have shipped.

• Options
    you guys don't have to worry. Jeff is a good guy.
  • Options
    well where has he been? I sent him a message through ebay and his email