Home Metal Detecting
Options

Another $20 bill story

I was on my morning walk and picking up cans along a highway that had been mowed last week. I reached for a can and found 1/2 of a $20 bill. I looked it the area for another 5 minutes and I did find the other half. I was fortunate because the first 1/2 was the smaller 1/2.

Comments

• Options
    marymmarym Posts: 713
    Good eyes PPC!!! I'm so used to finding a good sum of loose change that the thrill is gone, but finding cash is another story! Congrats image
    Be Still and Know
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    marym -- Are you still hitting that car wash?
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I picked up a twenty and a single in a parking lot last week... no one around.. no clue where it came from... my good luck. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    I still get a kick out of finding change in parking lots! I need to get out more.
  • Options
    I found $17 in a Wal-Mart parking lot one day. It was just blowin in the wind.
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speaking of $20 bills, I just noticed one of those fake novelty $20s stuck to the chef's desk in the office, here. (The sous chef in our Room Service department is also in charge of the Employee Cafeteria).

Apparently somebody paid for his lunch with an O.J. Simpson "Trial Of The Century" $20 bill, and the cashier was snoozing. image

It is actually pretty deceptive if you only look at the borders and don't happen to notice O.J. Simpson on there instead of Andy Jackson. It's the old design of $20, of course.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    marymmarym Posts: 713
    From PPC: marym -- Are you still hitting that car wash?

I am! It's nothing to find a stack of quarters totaling $3-$5.00 or more. I can't decide is people are just too lazy to pick it up and put it back in their pocket or, if they're leaving it there purposely as an act of generosity. Either way, I'm all too glad to add it to my wallet!

Mary
    Be Still and Know
  • Options
    They stack them up at the machine, then forget about them when they are done washing their car.

I find quarters all the time like that, but I also know I have left some when I have stopped to wash my car.
  • Options
    I've found two wheats and a '46 Roosie in my change in the last 10 days.

I'll trade them to you for both halves of your $20.
  • Options
    lathmachlathmach Posts: 4,720
    I found a $20 bill laying on the floor under my desk at my shop last week.
    Musta fell off the desk when my daughter was going through the morning mail.
    I'll pay it next week.

Ray
  • Options
    I found a soggy, crumpled $1 bill at the bottom of a pool today image
  • Options
    I pulled out the stove at the house we're renting and lo and behold a nice twenty dollar bill. Did'nt tell the wife because she taxes me about 90% on my finds! image