Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

PCGS Makes a Good Move

I can't wait to see this!

<< <i>PCGS Photograde Online™
The second way the PCGS Grading Set will be available for your viewing is online at the pcgs.com website. PCGS, in joint venture with Bowers and Merena Auctions, the publishers of the landmark grading book Photograde,™ is creating PCGS Photograde Online.™

PCGS Photograde Online™ will feature high definition photos of the obverse and reverse of every coin in the PCGS Grading Set. And there will also be detailed descriptions of each grade. PCGS Photograde Online™ will literally be an online grading tutorial. Access to this incredibly comprehensive online photographic guide to grading United States Coins will be free as a service to the numismatic community, compliments of PCGS and Bowers and Merena Auctions.

Look for PCGS Photograde Online™ on pcgs.com soon. >>

Comments

• Options
    scherscher Posts: 924
    I can't wait to see this..
    Bruce Scher
  • Options
    curlycurly Posts: 2,880

I like it!
    Every man is a self made man.
  • Options
    TACloughTAClough Posts: 1,598
    I don't know why PCGS didn't think of this sooner! I think it will be a great aid for new collectors to study before they send coin in to be graded.

Edit to add: Heck, it will be a great study aid even for the old timers too!image
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand from Ron Guth at the PCGS Registry luncheon last week that they are also going to feature a "Rogue's Gallery" of coins that have been bodybagged for questionable color and maybe other alterations along with an explanation where available. I hope that PCGS continues to add to the gallery as appropriate coins qualify.
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    "PCGS Makes a Good Move"

I'd call that a great move!

"It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    PandavabPandavab Posts: 960 ✭✭✭
    I really look forward to this. I have a feeling we're going to see a big surge of resubmits once this goes live, though.
  • Options
    ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭
    Hope they have a bunch of PO01's and FR02's for my viewing pleasure!
    Craig
    If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!
  • Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bet they get a lot of coins sent back....

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    yevrahyevrah Posts: 143 ✭✭
    Last summer in Denver at the PCGS Lundheon they mentioned this as an updoming feature for PCGS website. I'm glad to see it is finally getting off the ground.

Just what I need, another coin related distraction on the net. As if I didn't spend enough time reserching and seeking coins already!
    yevrah/harvey

ebay ID: 78terp
    ANA # R-3143946

1899 Mint Set
  • Options
    tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they get better pictures than the average B&M auction photo. image
  • Options
    cointimecointime Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like an excellent idea. PCGS has been really stepping up to better this hobby image
  • Options
    GrivGriv Posts: 2,804

<< <i>I hope they get better pictures than the average B&M auction photo. image >>

No worries there. Look at the awesome photos PCGS is doing now.

Cool beans! image