Home Metal Detecting
Options

Some weekend finds....

I hit a couple of different spots over the weekend, one a newly demolished old spot along the waterfront (it was an apartment building but at one time housed a tavern among other things), an old factory site and field where a local car show has been held for about the last 20 years. No great coin finds ( a couple of almost heart stoppers- see below) ended up with about $4.00-$5.00 total for all three sites. Group shot of some of the more interesting stuff dug:

The little brass bell in upper corner is kind of neat, the center screws out and there must have been an iron piece attached to hole it the screws center tha rotted away a long time ago. Also found some pieces of glass/pottery that looked pretty old as well. A flip open case missing insert-looks to be copper. And then there is a solid brass boyscout buckle, a smaller buckle of some type and the thin piece right next to the boy scout buckle (it was folded over when found)- inside it has some type of floral pattern.
Also found the tin ornament type piece which looks like two cats in a basket?

And lastly the two things that at first looked like they might be great coin finds- a game token (thought it was a large silver coin at first- possibly a half dollar) and a Harrison presidental coin (looks to be copper- guessing one of those tokens given away by gas stations?).

Comments

• Options
    Looks like another great site Kev. Can you get a close up of the presidential coin/token?

G.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice finds... check with the token collectors... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    MorglanMorglan Posts: 61 ✭✭
    Hey Kevin--

That game token is up near my neck of the woods (Thousand Islands, NY).

I live about 20 mins. away, but I don't recognize it.
    Need to finish my Kennedys and Jeffersons!
  • Options
    I found the same exact boy scott buckle about 2 years ago..well really my wife didimage
    putting together a MS 60 and up Morgan set....60% complete...otlher 40% probably take the rest of the decade!
  • Options
    interesting finds dude!...hh
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    phutphut Posts: 1,087
    Nice variety. Looks like one of my 6 hour hunts.image