Home Metal Detecting
Options

my big cat for riccar

ok, so its not a detecting find, sorry. have'nt been doing much detecting. me and riccar are waiting for some sites to open up. me and my wife go fishing almost every saturday. caught this catfish on a nightcrawler.

Comments

• Options
    Off-topic shows up from time to time...
    And,this sort of fits under the finding (or catching image) file since detecting is
    also known as "dirt fishing." image

Wow, that's a good sized catfish!

Did he put up much of a fight?
    How deep do you think your line was?

Thanks for posting the pic! image
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice cat... and good eating.. I love fried catfish... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Gotta love that!

My best cat ever was out of a river off of Lake Erie in Port Clinton, OH. 27 inches long, not sure on the weight... but I measured him on the cooler.
  • Options
    Nice cat Brian. Looks yummy.

G.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    he was a catch and release. i cast the line and he jumped on it, as it hit the water. and ya he fought with me a little. we were at a dam called Uvas and the water had receded alot. was alot of fun.
  • Options
    Great catch! I've never gotten anything that big
  • Options
    Do they not recommend eating the fish from there? I seem to remember one of the lakes up there having an issue due to it being close to some old mercury mines... there we go, now we've successfully turned this into a detecting related post. (but I think those are the mines that were off limits... your bottle digger friend got a detecting fine up there... if this is the same old mining area)

I think you need a fish section on your web site image
  • Options
    Nice park! Uvas Park

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭

Ya'll want some big cats? Come up to Santee Cooper/Clark's Hill Lake near Augusta. There have been some reported by divers at the dam to be 1/2 as big as VW Beetle cars.

My brother caught one that weighed in at ~80 pounds.

@ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    There was a dive team in Deer Creek looking for a body one time that came up and refused to go back down, stating that there were cats at least 5 feet long. So the team wouldnt go back down, and the Army Corps was called in, and they also, confirmed this story. My grandpa had an article about it he had saved and showed me while I was growing up.
  • Options
    I'd like to see that story if you can find a copy of it anywhere
  • Options
    I doubt it... at least not with some serious research. I was probably 9-13 years old (Im 23 now) and the article was at least 5 or so years old I would imagine. Maybe someday I would be able to come across it... hell, come to think of it, it might still be in the boat which I will one day pick up and bring back down from Ohio. Maybe Ill get lucky and it will be in there and I can scan it up for you all to read.
  • Options
    Oh yeah, for the record, Deer Creek is a large lake in Ohio... not some little river or creek.
  • Options
    Heres one that would be about the same size.

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's MY big cat for riccar.

No, wait. That picture of him was before he got big.

Wait a sec...

Ah, yes.

Here he is. Big as the dog, now. Stealing the dog's bone, then going for the dog's other bone.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options

<<Here's MY big cat for riccar.

No, wait. That picture of him was before he got big.>>

imageimage