Home U.S. Coin Forum

Coin Board question

Are the Joesph Oberwise boards of 1938 scarce?

I seldom check PM's but do check emails often jason@seated.org

Buying top quality Seated Dimes in Gem BU and Proof.

Buying great coins - monster eye appeal only.

Comments

• RWBRWB Posts: 8,082
    David Lange has written a new book on coin boards. That will probably answer your questions. The book should be available in about 2 weeks. (Your might also post your question on the NCG boards. Lange works for NGC.)
  • David Lange wirites in this article:

<< <i>Oberwise brand boards are not especially rare, though there are some notable exceptions. The very earliest printings from 1938, those having the Oberwise name simply pasted over Lincoln Printing Company boards, are quite rare. >>

Never teach a pig to sing. You'll waste your time and annoy the pig image

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>David Lange wirites in this article:

<< <i>Oberwise brand boards are not especially rare, though there are some notable exceptions. The very earliest printings from 1938, those having the Oberwise name simply pasted over Lincoln Printing Company boards, are quite rare. >>

>>

Congrats on your 1000's intelligent post... image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
    Never teach a pig to sing. You'll waste your time and annoy the pig image

• ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,759 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Are the Joesph Oberwise boards of 1938 scarce? >>

In general, Oberwise boards are fairly common. Joseph Oberwise was a prolific seller of these and there are a many varieties. Last count there were nearly 120 known.

There are a few varieties that can bring a high premium. Varieties for cents and nickels typically sell for about $10 when you find them. But higher denomiations in nice conidtion will bring much more. I personally would pay over a $100 if I were ever offered a silver dollar Oberwise board in good condition.

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    I thought RWB was back... image
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file