Home Metal Detecting
Options

hit a small lake in the burbs..

My hunting buddy, remembered a small lake where he swam as a boy so we hit it on sunday. In 5 hours I got 158 coins and 12 rings, 14k men's band, 1986 HS ring unknown metal and 3 silver rings.
he got a 1967 ken half, a 52 rosie and a 42 merc plus 10 rings, 3 silver.

HH Chicago Ron
imageimage

Comments

• Options
    Good finds!

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Options
    davbecdavbec Posts: 321 ✭✭
    That lake must have been undetected for some time. Nice finds!
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What kind of ring count do you have so far? Are these lakes dried up or are you working the shore line? You have been doing better than pretty good!!
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is the most amazing, one trip, ring count, I have ever heard of... wow... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    158 coins + 12 rings for a total of 170 finds in 5 hours. Now take 60(minutes) x 5 this equals 300(minutes) and divide that by 170(finds) and that means that you were locating, digging and finding either a ring or a coin every 1.76 minute or every minute forty six seconds. Not to mention, no junk finds.

With the calculations that you have given me to work with I have to assume one of two things.

1. Your numbers are wrong or:

2. You can outdig a Caterpillar backhoe on a bad day and you werent digging in a lake bed but maybe a graveyard.
  • Options
    I am curious as to why there is such a difference in the amount of coins you found compared to your buddy. Where you using a different kind of detector or coil? Were you looking in the more popular part of the shoreline than he was? Do you just plain have better luck than he does?

Bob