Home Metal Detecting
Options

What are your best finds? What about the best finds you've ever heard of?

Comments

• Options
    My hunting buddy found a 1 ct Harry winston original diamond ring, retail 28,000.00
    imageimage
  • Options
    Where did he find that at? I mean, a park, beach...
  • Options
    Lordmarcovan's find that may change the history books... priceless...
  • Options

<< <i>Where did he find that at? I mean, a park, beach... >>

Beach in Chicago.
    imageimage
  • Options
    I don't understand...maybe it's over my head...about lordmarcovan's find...
  • Options
    oh man, this question gets asks about everying couple of months. that would be a tough one. some people have no idea what kind of stuff gets lost and recovered. once you get into this and get a coin book, then you'll start dreaming of hopefull finds. one of my favorites was an 1881 morgan dollar. i used to carry it in my pocket for weeks afterwards. i could'nt believe i had actually found it. its kinda like the holy grail of silver coins to dig.
    another is a silver concho from a sadle bag, made from a silver dollar. it was dug near a mining town that i grew up near. it was an exciting find, cause there is a large "R" scribed onto it. one of the mine owners was named Randolf, and i've also believed it may have belonged to him. the concho is in the upper right of the picture.
  • Options

<< <i>I don't understand...maybe it's over my head...about lordmarcovan's find... >>

The Mysterious Ming Medallion

Bob
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A MD dealer I know in NYS, through research, and a lot of detecting.. found a jar of $20 gold pieces.. was featured on treasure network... Cheers, RickO