Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Any estimates on this Nolan Ryan?

I just got my June special submission results. I sent in 24 cards and got a decent result on a card. It was a 1993 Finest Nolan Ryan (non refractor) that graded a PSA 10. I doubt the Pop Report has been updated to reflect mine since I just got the grades last night, but the Pop Report says that it is a population 3 (which means, mine is probably the 4th). SMR only lists refractors, and there have been no Ebay sales in the recent past. Do any of you fine experts have any estimates as to what it might bring on Ebay? $20? $50? $100? I really don't have a clue, but it's going on Ebay when I get it in my possession and I would kind of like to know your thoughts?

Shane

Comments

• Options
    I think $50 would be a reasonable estimate. It should sell well - nice job!
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    I sold a bunch of PSA 10 '93 Finest recently and they all went between $20-$30. These were mostly stars like Bonds, Piazza, Boggs, Joe Carter, Smoltz, Eck, etc....

I'd say Ryan would go for around $50, but you never know how bad the Ryan guys need it. I wouldn't be surprised to see it hit triple figures.
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, guys, but I'm glad to say that our estimates were just a wee bit low.

If you consider this spam, sorry.

1993 Finest Nolan Ryan PSA 10

Shane

• Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    exactly, good for you.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    Yeah, but I said I wouldn't be surprised if it hits triple figures, so I win the contest. What's my prize?

Hope it goes even higher.

Lee
  • Options
    bifff257bifff257 Posts: 751 ✭✭

<< <i> Sorry, guys, but I'm glad to say that our estimates were just a wee bit low. >>

Congratulations... image
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    Good job! I'm kind of afraid of the high bidders name, though...image
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    lmao at the high bidder. If he wins I will sponser a contest to see who here can come up with the most creative feedback comment for you leave him. You just better hope he doesn't want to come pick it up in person haha.
  • Options
    His last negative feedback was with a user named "hardin-softaway" haha. You can't make this stuff up.
  • Options
    fandangofandango Posts: 2,622
    i remember a few years back that card went for over $1000....

i think $100 is way too low, i see that at $500
  • Options
    mudflap02mudflap02 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭
    The high bidder is definitely legit, he picked up most of my PSA 10 Ryans when I sold them. I'm pretty sure he is the head of McFarlane toys.
  • Options
    I think its Lexington Steel....
  • Options
    1neatstuff1neatstuff Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭
    hi there just to let you know that the high bidder is legit he bought a few of my psa 10 hockey cards off of ebay..the main one he bought was a psa 10 mario lemieux...the name is funny though...terry
  • Options
    msassinmsassin Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The high bidder is definitely legit, he picked up most of my PSA 10 Ryans when I sold them. I'm pretty sure he is the head of McFarlane toys. >>

He is a great buyer. And yes he does work for McFarlane, I never asked him what he does but I always ship his cards there. He buys alot of PSA 7 1951 Bowmans from my eBay store as I upgrade my set.
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    i'll chime in as well as to the legitmacy of the high bidder. never had any problems and he pays quick.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    +1 for a mudflap sighting image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Holy Crapola! Take a look at it now!

It's got 20 minutes left! I am not believing this!!!!!!!!

Shane

• Options
    Your buying the beer.
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    Wow! Congrats!
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    Give me a break...and to think I was going to offer you $60...congrats
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    Piman58Piman58 Posts: 814 ✭✭
    Fantastic! I may buy a 1993 Finest pack now and take my chances!
  • Options
    something ain't right here...
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cheers - $2,125!
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    Congrats, that will buy you some mighty fine Pujols items.
  • Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats!

I guess there should no longer be badmouthing of early 90s stuff.
    #LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    nice work -- bidder seems legit!!!

I paid less for my 1993 Refractor PSA 10 of Ryan...
  • Options
    ROCKDJRWROCKDJRW Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭
    I was refreshing that auction in the last minute like it was my own! Congrats!!!
    Collect Ozzie Guillen Cards
    Unique Chicago Cards
    Wrestling Cards
  • Options
    Thanks for all the kind words. That is definitely my most shocking Ebay experience. I have had auctions go higher, but never that much more than I expected.

I wish I could spend it on some nice stuff, but, unfortunately, it will be going to pay for some minor medical bills and other things that need to be taken care of. That auction will definitely help out.

And to think... I almost didn't send it in. I had in in my pile, then put it back in the box, then included that card at the last minute. I had found it in a box full of Ryan's that I had and thought, "Hmm, that's a nice card. It might bring a 10 and I might get $50 for it!"

Shane