Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1983 Topp Baseball Michigan Wax Case Group Bust w/prices all sold

It seemed like there were a number of people interested in doing a group break of a 1983 Topps Baseball Michigan Wax Case. I know that everyone is hesitant after the Gary fiasco so I called Steve at BBCExchange, and he said he would be happy for everyone just to pay him individually, and he is willing to give them to us for $120/box delivered. You can pay with paypal, check, money order, credit card, and he also said that if you are going to the National and would like to pay and pick up there that would be fine as well. Hopefully there are enough of you interested we can make this work, and I will just add the names/orders to this OP so we know how many boxes are left.

HeritageAddict- 3=$360 *PAID*
nam812 - 1=$120 Picking up and paying at National
fergie23- 1=$120 *PAID*
morgoth- 1=$120 Picking up and paying at National
Bosox1976- 3=$360 *PAID*
Originalisbest- 1=$120 *PAID*
bifff257- 1=$120 *PAID*
Bigstep- 1=$120 *PAID*
thedutymon- 1=$120 *PAID*
Socalguy1967- 1=$120 *PAID*
dontippet- 1=$120 *PAID*
Leiascards- 1=$120 *PAID*
jerrywest45- 1=$120 *PAID*
grote15- 1=$120 *PAID*
VinScully- 1=$120 *PAID*
jfkheat- 1=$120 *PAID*

All gone, thanks to all who helped make this possible, now be sure to share your scans when your boxes arrive.

Comments

• Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭✭
    I'll buy a box.

edit : Payment sent via Paypal 7/28
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Great count me in, I will pick mine up at the National.
    Jason
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    what the difference with the Michigan topps???
    thanks for your help
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    Topps was testing a new packaging which was a plastic wrapper heat sealed at the top and bottom, and it was test marketed in Michigan. The advantages are that they can't be searced and resealed and you don't have any wax stains.

• Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    thank you
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll take 3.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    I'd love to rip something, but I've already had my run with 83 Topps. Otherwise I'd be in for a couple. Good luck with your rips.

Lee
  • Options
    Lee I know you want those last 11 boxes. Guys if you would let me know when you've paid so I can mark that on the OP.
  • Options
    Anybody know BBCExchange's paypal address? PM me if you don't think it is public knowledge.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    I'd love to but it wouldn't be the least bit exciting for me. How come you guys always bust stuff I've already done a ton of ('78, '80, '83)?
  • Options
    originalisbestoriginalisbest Posts: 5,914 ✭✭✭✭
    HeritageAddict, please count me in for one box if there's some left (I was meaning to get one anyway!) PM me how to best pay Steve (I suppose just send him PayPal with a note about it being for the board group rip?)

-- Jon
  • Options
    bifff257bifff257 Posts: 751 ✭✭
    Put me down for a box.....

I will paypal Steve the money, But as originalisbest said I need to know his paypal address and how he want us to identify the group rip.

thanks
  • Options
    thedutymonthedutymon Posts: 4,323
    Good day,
    Anybody have any History as to how much damage to expect from the Gum in these packs?
    Thanks
    Neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options
    bifff257, I just spoke with Steve - you can PayPal him at:

bbcexchange(at)sprintmail.com

-- and just make a note that it's for the PSA '83 Topps board rip, etc. He'll know what that refers to - also worth noting, I am an Illinois resident, so if anyone else is, gotta tack on sales tax. But not too bad at $7.75 for a $120 box.

Jon

• Options
    thanks for that info Jon,

Appreciate the help..

I will get payment to Steve...... Looking forward to ripping some wax.. wait..image .. some ..plastic image

Doug
  • Options
    Okay, you can call them if you want to pay by credit card their # is 1-800-598-8656, or if you want to pay by paypal you can send payment to bbcexchange@sprintmail.com . Both Steve and Rick know the plan so just tell them you are in on the CU 1983 Michigan Case group rip. They are leaving for the National on Sunday so Steve said that he would ship them out when they get back on Monday the 6th. He is going to take a case with him and have it priced for sale, so if he sells it before you guys pick yours up at the National he will have to ship yours out as well.
  • Options
    Jon, you beat me to it.image
  • Options
    I'll take 2 boxes and will pick up at national. Also anyone else at national be sure to stop by my booth and say Hiimage
  • Options
    No prob HA - image
  • Options
    I'm in for one box.

Rich
  • Options

<< <i>I'll take 2 boxes and will pick up at national. Also anyone else at national be sure to stop by my booth and say Hi >>

Gary, I think you forgot to read the fine print.. The advantages are that they can't be searched and resealed

• Options

<< <i>Good day,
    Anybody have any History as to how much damage to expect from the Gum in these packs?
    Thanks
    Neil >>

I think it all depends how they have been stored over the years, but I wouldn't think that you would lose more than 1 card to gum.

<< <i>I'd love to rip something, but I've already had my run with 83 Topps. Otherwise I'd be in for a couple. Good luck with your rips. >>

Lee, the next group rip is your pick. I might even be willing to try something other than baseball.
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    I vote for 1986 Football
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    thedutymonthedutymon Posts: 4,323
    Good day,
    I am in for one Box. Have sent payment via Paypal with note about CU Michigan Rip. If this doesn't happen he can just not accept. But it seems we are getting commitment for close to the case by now.
    Neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options
    BBCEBBCE Posts: 111
    Hello!
    OK, it looks like we will have enough interest in the case to make the break. What I will do is just assume the 1 case I'm bringing to the National will be the case I break. In fact, if anyone wants to be there as I open it, lets put a time of 12:00 noon on Saturday. If you are at the show Saturday you can stop by our booths and get your box as we open the case. If you are not coming to the National, I will ship out the boxes when I return Monday.

Also, if anyone wants to stop by and say hello, we are at booths 1825 and 1829. Thanks! Steve
  • Options
    Unfortunately I won't make it to the show - but thanks Steve!
  • Options
    I'm in and *PAID* via Paypal.... 1 box = $120
  • Options
    Thanks Steve....

I just paid for 1 box via paypal.

• Options
    6 boxes left guys, who wants them?
  • Options
    dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭✭
    I'll take a box. I just paypaled $127.75 to BBCE. Thank you for getting this together.
    > [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&amp;_in_kw=1&amp;_ex_kw=&amp;_sacat=0&amp;_udlo=&amp;_udhi=&amp;_ftrt=901&amp;_ftrv=1&amp;_sabdlo=&amp;_sabdhi=&amp;_samilow=&amp;_samihi=&amp;_sadis=15&amp;_stpos=61611&amp;_sargn=-1&saslc=1&amp;_salic=1&amp;_fss=1&amp;_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&amp;_saslop=1&amp;_sasl=mygirlsthree3&amp;_sop=12&amp;_dmd=1&amp;_ipg=50&amp;_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • Options
    ttt
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'll take 2 boxes and will pick up at national. Also anyone else at national be sure to stop by my booth and say Hiimage >>

I don't seem to see your name on the dealer list for the National.......What booth you gonna be at?
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• Options
    If any are still left count me in for one box. Will send Payment Sunday or Monday via Paypal.
  • Options
    I bought one and sent the money to Steve via Pay Pal.

Can't wait!

JW
    Trying to complete 1960, '61 and '68 Topps baseball sets...raw
  • Options
    Only 3 boxes left. I would like to thank everyone that has already spoken for boxes, this should be a fun bust and hopefully yield a few 10's along the way, but even if it doesn't just remember there are sure a lot worse ways to spend $120. I also would like to thank Steve for giving us the discounted rate and handling all the money/shipping, for those of you going to National be sure to tell him thanks when you pick up your cards. Now somebody jump in there and take those last three boxes.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll take a box, thanks.

Edit: Payment sent via Paypal. Thanks again.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    geez, I almost missed this! I just bought and paid Steve & co. via paypal for 1 box, thanks for getting this together.
  • Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was gary involved in this rip or was he just joking. What balls.
  • Options
    No Gary, I sent him a pm asking if he seriously wanted two boxes but got no reply.
  • Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldnt have even sent him a pm.
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you want a box handyman, or just reading?
  • Options
    Handyman you are probably right, and I was pretty sure it was just a farce, but rather than say something in the thread and have the thread turn into something other than what it was meant for I opted to go the pm route so the thread would stay focused on the current group rip and not past rips.
  • Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll take the last box.
    James
  • Options
    dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad to see that there was plenty of interest for this. I hope we can do more group buys in the future.
    > [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&amp;_in_kw=1&amp;_ex_kw=&amp;_sacat=0&amp;_udlo=&amp;_udhi=&amp;_ftrt=901&amp;_ftrv=1&amp;_sabdlo=&amp;_sabdhi=&amp;_samilow=&amp;_samihi=&amp;_sadis=15&amp;_stpos=61611&amp;_sargn=-1&saslc=1&amp;_salic=1&amp;_fss=1&amp;_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&amp;_saslop=1&amp;_sasl=mygirlsthree3&amp;_sop=12&amp;_dmd=1&amp;_ipg=50&amp;_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • Options
    THANKS for putting it together HeritageAddict!
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    It was my pleasure guys (Mike you actually kind of started it), thanks to everyone who is participating, and be sure to share your scans when you get your boxes.
  • Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Payment has been sent.
    James
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    good luck guys!!
    the rube
  • Options

<< <i>THANKS for putting it together HeritageAddict! >>

image thanks image

I look forward to this rip and maybe some more in the near furture.
  • Options
    Just paid.

Would be interested in an 86 Football rip in the future, if we can get the interest.