Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Anyone Deal With yepbg On Ebay??

Any thoughts?? Some nice cards but his BIN prices seem a bit high to me.

Comments

• Options
    lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    I remember looking through some of his stuff but his prices were just silly high.
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• Options
    He's a flipper but so is flipper. image
  • Options
    Another vote here for silly high.

Another example of picking it up cheap on Ebay and then letting it collect dust at 10 times what you paid for it in a store...
  • Options
    mkg809mkg809 Posts: 1,320 ✭✭
    I remember looking through some of his stuff but his prices were just silly high.

• Options
    Well I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees it that way. I saw a bunch of stuff I would buy but not at those prices.
  • Options
    succesful deals :richtree, Bosox1976, Bkritz, mknez, SOM, cardcounter2, ddfamf, cougar701, mrG, Griffins : thanks All

Go Phillies
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    I'm the boss on this boat, you can call me skipper
    The way I turn the money over, you should call me flipper

Doesn't look like they have many completed sells with them prices.
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    ive bought a few 50 bowman football psa 8's off of him before,but just because nobody else had em on,50 bowman football kinda dried up, and im impatient lol
    randy
  • Options
    originalisbestoriginalisbest Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭✭
    I think once sometime ago, but as you note, generally a price resistance is felt. image
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Another vote here for silly high. >>

Ditto. And I'm somebody who uses BIN a lot. He's just one of those guys, like board whippin' boy Levi, who uses this approach.
  • Options
    Agreed, silly High

Slightly Medicated Red

Looking for 81-84 Topps Stickers in PSA 9 or better, 81 Topps Scratch offs, 83 Topps Fold outs in PSA 8 or better, 83 Fleer Stamps and 81/86 Fleer Star Stickers in PSA 9 or better.
    >

• Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Absolutely, he is a flipper of cards. I have sold him quite a few, never an issue and he always pays quickly. But, as for buying from him? If you want the Levi 707 no-discount 150% of SMR smackdown, then go right ahead.
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    I just had to revisit this thread.....he had a card (VCP average of $8)....I offered him $20. Rejected. $25 (which is a premium) - he counters with $60 (originally price of $65)......OUCH!!!! Does this guy really sell stuff and has anyone on here bought from him in awhile?
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    outta my league.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    tyweb1tyweb1 Posts: 528 ✭✭
    I have sold him a few items this past year under his buying id and he relists them under the yepbg id. For example, I sell to him at 35 he relists with buy it now at 250.
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm always in the market for cards priced at 200% of VCP............................................."NOT"

EBAY used to be fun. Now with almost no auctions and the BINIDIOTS it's boring at times.
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Maybe he is making money on his taxes through inventory
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    I did purchase a few cards from him a few weeks ago and he was very professional. One of the cards was a decent deal and the other two were definitely high, but I did not want to wait for an auction to save $20 per card.
    1911 C55 hockey
    1935 National Chicle
    1961 Golden Press
    1962 Bell Brand Dodgers
    Top 200 cards in the hobby
    Top 250 cards in the hobby
    All time lakers
    All time Dodgers
    1957 Disney Characters
    1965 Donruss Disneyland
    1966 Get Smart
    Brian
  • Options
    KbKardsKbKards Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭
    I just had to revisit this thread.....he had a card (VCP average of $8)....I offered him $20. Rejected. $25 (which is a premium) - he counters with $60 (originally price of $65)......OUCH!!!! Does this guy really sell stuff and has anyone on here bought from him in awhile?

The VCP average isn't $8. The last sale of the card was in 2008 and the price listed is what that card sold for. In this case the VCP price is no better than the SMR price. If you want the opportunity to pay $25 for one then wait for the next auctionidiot to list one.
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    Guy is trying to make a few extra bucks...

good for him / her...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    It all depends on the card...

VCP can be a terrible guide to some cards.

Some cards are tough to find and tough to find in good condition. Sets may be filled at a moment and the price skewed. Some cards were not in the VCP database when they were selling at their premiums. To say a seller wants more for a card that has a low VCP average is not enough information.

• Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    Mantle, Mays and Aaron have sold so many times that VCP is a very decent guide.
  • Options

<< <i>The VCP average isn't $8. The last sale of the card was in 2008 and the price listed is what that card sold for. In this case the VCP price is no better than the SMR price. If you want the opportunity to pay $25 for one then wait for the next auctionidiot to list one. >>

I would just as soon do without than pay his bloated price!! Not like there is a big market for mid-grade 1952 Berk Ross!! He can keep it in his Ebay museum until it turns into dust for all I care......I can buy a nice raw one and pull a '6' myself........and save $50+ in the process!!
  • Options

<< <i>Mantle, Mays and Aaron have sold so many times that VCP is a very decent guide. >>

completely agree
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>The VCP average isn't $8. The last sale of the card was in 2008 and the price listed is what that card sold for. In this case the VCP price is no better than the SMR price. If you want the opportunity to pay $25 for one then wait for the next auctionidiot to list one. >>

I would just as soon do without than pay his bloated price!! Not like there is a big market for mid-grade 1952 Berk Ross!! He can keep it in his Ebay museum until it turns into dust for all I care......I can buy a nice raw one and pull a '6' myself........and save $50+ in the process!! >>

sure, if you find one, and factor the time in finding one worthy of grading, and assuming your PSA membership is free, and shipping to PSA, and back, and, and...

I'm with you on subbing because honestly I think it is fun, but there are a lot of people who strictly buy their items already graded on eBay and don't want to deal with the grading game.
  • Options

<< <i>

I would just as soon do without than pay his bloated price!! Not like there is a big market for mid-grade 1952 Berk Ross!! He can keep it in his Ebay museum until it turns into dust for all I care......I can buy a nice raw one and pull a '6' myself........and save $50+ in the process!! >>

That is what is great about having the freedom to choose to sub a card on your own OR charge an inflated price to sell what you already own.
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bobbyw8469 wrote:

KbKards wrote:
    The VCP average isn't $8. The last sale of the card was in 2008 and the price listed is what that card sold for. In this case the VCP price is no better than the SMR price. If you want the opportunity to pay $25 for one then wait for the next auctionidiot to list one.

My questions:
    Since bobbyw8469 never mentioned the card by name, how did KbKards know which card he was talking about? image

Is KbKards yepbg?
  • Options
    KbKardsKbKards Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭
    No brain surgery tools needed. He said it was listed for $65 and averaged $8. Sorted items by price and got to $65 items. Skipped T206 cards because average wouldn’t be $8. Came to Berk Ross and knew prices would be low as auction sales are rare. Two choices came up, both same price and sold date. Boring.
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    KbKards other hobby is "ebay stalking."
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    I've bought and sold with him for years- good guy, always very easy to deal with. If his prices are too high (which they often are) I just move on. But if you do deal with him you'll have no problems on either side of the transaction.
    Very, very knowledgable as well.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>.........Boring. >>

You sure must be to go through all that. Yikes.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the input!! Sorry to bore everyone - big kudos to the person who told me how to omit a certain seller from a search. That weeded out alot of listings......
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    I agree Nam wow Kb bored today?
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    Does anyone have a contact for yepbg (email, address, etc...) so I don't have to go thru ebay
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    He's a regular poster on Net 54. Post there and he'll find you.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options

<< <i>I'm always in the market for cards priced at 200% of VCP............................................."NOT"

EBAY used to be fun. Now with almost no auctions and the BINIDIOTS it's boring at times. >>

completely agree!
  • Options

<< <i>Does anyone have a contact for yepbg (email, address, etc...) so I don't have to go thru ebay >>

Just go to Ebay, type in 1952 Berk Ross, and then look for the most grossly overpriced cards. That will be 'yepbg'. Then you can reach him via the "contact seller" button..... :-)
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    I dont think the word "fun" is incorporated into some peoples business models when using ebay...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...