Home Metal Detecting
Options

Bought my 1st metal detector!

Guys I'm excited as heck image just bought my 1st detector and I'm going out to the local playground this weekend to test it. Feel kind of silly because before last week I would have never in my wildest dreams thought of buying one but after finding this site I changed my mind. Thanks and keep posting.

~

Comments

• Options
    COOL...Just have fun!

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Options
    laserartlaserart Posts: 2,255
    It's a good learning place. I was going to go to the local playground tonight but it rained. Last time out I found a diamond earring.
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • Options
    davbecdavbec Posts: 321 ✭✭
    good luck! Let us know what you find.
  • Options
    Make sure to go under the monkey bars where the kids hang upside down and down goes the pocket change. Never leave a playground empty handed. Also I always find coins at the bottom of the slides.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck.. report back.. and with photo's if possible. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    What kind did you buy? I'm looking at making a purchase myself.
    If it wiggles, it ain't goin' in my salad.
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    The Garrett Ace 250 and the White's Prizm line of detectors seem to be favorites among many detectorists, both veterans and new users. I'd find a dealer for both brands and have a demonstration done on each detectors usability and features.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    I bought the Bounty Hunter DISCOVERY 3300 online at Radio Sack for about $300. Don't know if it was a good deal or not but so far I'm enjoying it, never before in my life had I seen or hold one in my hands and the feeling is just way awesome, I have dreams of using it in my folks little town in the near future. I went to the swimming pool grass in the complex where I live and to the local playground this weekend by myself but got shy because of some of the stares I got from some old chinese folks who would not stop staring at me even after I stared back and waved at them without getting a response or let alone a friendly smile. I felt somewhat shy but not enough to not want to go out again, comes next weekend I'm heading to the beach instead but I found out I need to buy a strainer to help me with the sand, anybody knows of a store to get one before the weekend? I was thinking toys 'r us or sport mart.
    By the way I found a dollar and seventy seven cents.
    Cheers and happy hunting.

~
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bounty Hunter makes nice lightweight machines that pack a lot of bang for the buck.

As to a sand scoop for the beach, Reilly's Treasured Gold is a good place to order them.

Since you mentioned wanting one right away, you could probably make do with some sort of heavy kitchen strainer spoon or kiddie sand sifter on a temporary basis.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.