Home Metal Detecting
Options

.999 American Eagle

Found it in a park with my little brother after searching the park for 5 hours and finding nothing but junk. My brother struck it with the trowel when digging and its got scratches on it. it was about 1" deep and its a 1999
Great place to find old maps of cities Old City Maps Username-residence Password-welcome

Comments

• Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    Try to post a picture of it!
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    alright i will try to post it later on tonight if i can
    Great place to find old maps of cities Old City Maps Username-residence Password-welcome
  • Options
    laserartlaserart Posts: 2,255

<< <i>alright i will try to post it later on tonight if i can >>

Look in the Announcements and News forum, lots of help there if you need it.
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that's a cool find. I have a friend who found a one-ounce silver round with the Buffalo nickel design on it, but yours is the first I've heard of anyone digging an American Eagle.

(Well, one of our members dug a one-ounce gold American Eagle, but it turned out to be fake. Still a cool find, even fake.)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    can't imagine why anyone would be carrying around those to get lost in the first place, neat find.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great find... I know a fellow who found an entire jar of $20 gold coins (19 I think)... it was even featured on the tv show Treasure Hunters... A find like that would be a heart stopper... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've learned that people will lose everything. Lots of times kids take things from home and it never returns.