Home Metal Detecting

I found a diamond earring, now with picture

I found a Lincoln cent and a diamond ear ring ! It appears to be in a platinum setting but I suppose it could be silver. My wife says she thinks it could be 1/2 carat but not knowing how to weigh or measure a diamond it's only a guess.
It is a stud type ear ring and I'm sure who ever lost it was pretty bummed out over it. Oh well, whoever shouldn't have worn it to the tot lot. Yep, found it in a playground and I'm sure that place must have been hit hard because other than the Lincoln and the stud I only found one piece of foil and a hairclip. Oh, and a screw.
"If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".

Comments

• Nice find. Show us the picture. image

G.
    imageimageimage
  • laserartlaserart Posts: 2,255
    I would like to take it and have it authenticated as a real diamond first, which I think it is. Not bad for an Ace 250 considering just how little metal there is on it.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice finds.... pictures? Cheers, RickO
    I don't have a picture as yet, waiting to find out for certain if it is real. If it is just costume jewelry I'll get back and say if it is or isn't.

Ok, here it is. Kinda small but then, it's small to begin with.
  • phutphut Posts: 1,087
    Cool!! Hope it's real.

Me too. (real that is)
  • Those little babies are hard to find sometimes. Nice going.

Gary
    imageimageimage
    This couldn't have been there very long, it was just under the surface. The more I look at it the more I know it is a real diamond. I've shown it to several people and they think the same.
  • Hey, I've got the matching earring to that set here on my desk! I found it on the floor at my office several years ago and nobody claimed it. I don't know why I still have it. Maybe I'm hoping it's twin will be found somewhere around here.

Bob
  • marymmarym Posts: 713
    Hey Ken, don't listen to Bob over there...That's MY earring and I lost it while I was out yard sale-ing for new forks and knives.

I have no doubt that's a real diamond, it has "that look" if you know what I mean. Very nice find!!
    Be Still and Know
    Well. I took the earring to my jeweler this morning. What is a 3/4 carat CZ worth?
  • fastrudyfastrudy Posts: 2,096
    CZ is more common than sand
    Successful transactions with: DCarr, Meltdown, Notwilight, Loki, MMR, Musky1011, cohodk, claychaser, cheezhed, guitarwes, Hayden, USMoneyLover

Proud recipient of two "You Suck" awards
    I guess I have to start searching a richer neighborhood.
  • lathmachlathmach Posts: 4,720

<< <i>CZ is more common than sand >>

Not if you believe what they say on the HSN. image

Ray
  • I've examined the one I have and have decided that it does not match yours. My diamond is square-cut, whereas yours looks rounder. Besides, yours is CZ and mine isn't. image
    Bob