Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Tallboys ??

I`m considering sending in some tallboys for the special and was wondering if anyone can tell me , are the sportcaster or grolier cards considered tallboys or are they supersize ??? anyone know ?? thanks ..

looking for 1988 Fournier estrellas stickers , 1985 Prism Jewel stickers , anything Jesse Owens .

Comments

• Options
    Sportscaster are supersize. I'm not sure on the other.

Slightly medicated Red

Looking for 81-84 Topps Stickers in PSA 9 or better, 81 Topps Scratch offs, 83 Topps Fold outs in PSA 8 or better, 83 Fleer Stamps and 81/86 Fleer Star Stickers in PSA 9 or better.
    >

• Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Sportscaster are supersize. I'm not sure on the other.

Slightly medicated Red >>

BTW supersize must be submitted at the super express level at 55$ each, but the turn time is about 8 weeks
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Sportscaster are supersize. I'm not sure on the other.

Slightly medicated Red >>

BTW supersize must be submitted at the super express level at 55$ each, but the turn time is about 8 weeks >>

Not correct. T3 cards must be submitted at the Super Express level or higher. Supersized cards (like Sportscaster) can be submitted at Regular Service and higher.

Carol
  • Options
    colebearcolebear Posts: 886 ✭✭
    Hey Carol, There are always questions on what size for which holder. I can never remember what the size cut offs are either. Why doesn't PSA just a little blurb on the submission form that states what the size cutoffs are for each holder. That seems to be the most logical thing.

Also, cust. service told me that anything over a tall boy must be submitted at the super express or higher, because you are paying for the holder. Are you saying that is not correct?

Thanks
    Seth
  • Options
    I can tell you when the new T3 holder came out that the thought was that it would cost $55. Those that were excited about getting sportscaster, Home Team etc graded were not as it wasn't worth it to get those cards slabbed. Shortly after it was clarified to what Carol just stated.

Slightly medicated Red

Looking for 81-84 Topps Stickers in PSA 9 or better, 81 Topps Scratch offs, 83 Topps Fold outs in PSA 8 or better, 83 Fleer Stamps and 81/86 Fleer Star Stickers in PSA 9 or better.
    >

• Options

<< <i>Hey Carol, There are always questions on what size for which holder. I can never remember what the size cut offs are either. Why doesn't PSA just a little blurb on the submission form that states what the size cutoffs are for each holder. That seems to be the most logical thing.

Also, cust. service told me that anything over a tall boy must be submitted at the super express or higher, because you are paying for the holder. Are you saying that is not correct?

Thanks
    Seth >>

Seth,

That isn't correct and if you know who you spoke with please PM me with that name so I can better explain that to them.

I think I have posted the sizes on the forums in the past but I'll post them again. Please remember these sizes are approximate and that it is at the discretion of the sealer on whether or not to use a mylar. Also, my list is meant to illustrate the largest. It doesn't include the special inserts designed for items like Kelloggs, Caramels, Sportscaster, etc.

Standard - 2 11/16 x 3 13/16
    Tallboy - 3 1/2 x 5 1/ 6
    Ticket - 3 5/8 x 7 1/2
    Check - 4 1/4 x 10
    T-3 Holder - 5 3/4 x 8

There are some issues, like strip cards that we can holder in the ticket or check holders but we would consider them supersized rather than tall boys.

Carol

• Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    I emailed and this was the response I received ...

I need the dimensions of the cards. The max size for a Tall Boy is 3 ½ x 5 ½

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...