Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Any potential appreciation for any of the Little Rock Comms.

RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hi Folks-

I would appreciat any thoughts on whether any of the Little Rock Commems. (proof, uncirc., uncirc. + medal) have any appreciation potential?

Thanks!
Land of the Free because of the Brave!

Comments

• Options
    OneCentOneCent Posts: 3,561
    Nope, none.

Figure long-term...about 30 - 50 years.

imageimage
    Collector of Early 20th Century U.S. Coinage.
    ANA Member R-3147111
  • Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭
    When Silver hits $100 per ounce - you will clean up ! image
  • Options
    TACloughTAClough Posts: 1,598
    Depends on what the final mintages will be. It is an ugly coin so a lot of people might not order any.image
  • Options
    DUIGUYDUIGUY Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭
    Every action causes a reaction. In a free country we learn (slowly ) From history"s lessons . Bet this Klu Klux Klan piece contributed to this present piece and changes that were long in coming and more changes yet to come .

We are one !

We are young .
    “A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly."

- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 106-43 BC
  • Options
    RedTigerRedTiger Posts: 5,608
    The only real potential that I can see, is to buy them from motivated seller for a very good price and turn them around right away. The mintage is already getting high, plus there are another 50,000 proofs for the Legacy sets. That alone will make any newer commems fairly common and unlikely to go up in value.
  • Options
    jhusmanjhusman Posts: 1,082
    How can you tell what the mintage is already?

Do you think the coin and medal set will be a good one?
  • Options

<< <i>How can you tell what the mintage is already?

Do you think the coin and medal set will be a good one? >>

The mint sales figures are reported by NN. The coin and medal set are almost sold out, less than 2,500 remain.

NGC has a good article on why the commemorative will fail.
    Never teach a pig to sing. You'll waste your time and annoy the pig image

• Options
    I thought it would make a great sleeper coin....then Mint went out of it's way to promote this ugly coin.

I got stuff in the mail about it, it was nuts.

Sales have been made to many politically correct, guilt-ridden folks who never bought a coin in thier life until now.

If fact, I saw a classified ad in my local paper last night selling one: "Desegration Silver Coin $100 Firm" !!!

I swear on my kids!

Time to move on and beyond with this coin.
  • Options
    Might make an interestng tie in with this weeks Supreme Court decision.
  • Options
    GritsManGritsMan Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭
    Good article from the NGC link--thanks, FLBuffaloHunter!

That said, I must be out of step. I not only think this coin is beautiful, but feel it has one of the most interesting subjects of recent years. So many of these commems feature safe, "flag-waving" themes, it's nice to tackle something edgier for a change. But because of the prevailing "yawn factor" out there, I also think the uncs have a shot at being sleepers. I bought two because I like them, but I'm also guessing it's going to be money well-spent.
    Winner of the Coveted Devil Award June 8th, 2010
  • Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When the coin was first announced.... I thought it had potential, thinking that there would not be much interest in it. But it got too much promotion.... and there is already too many sold.... I doubt there will be much upwards appreciation.
    ----- kj
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My feeling is, that the Coin & Medal set, might have a shot, depending how it is presented. Most previous Mint issued coin & currency sets did reasonably well. Only 25,000 minted could be the driving selling tool, since most collectors do not know that the Medal can be purchased seperately from the Mint.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, with promotions of this sort, dispersion might be better than with the flipper heaven coins...
    Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file