Home Sports Talk
Options

Say "Hello" to the now 1st place Phillies

stevekstevek Posts: 27,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
Then "Hello" again to the 1st place Phillies sometime soon.

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then say "goodbye" to their hopes of winning the NL East as the Mets pull away over the second half.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Mets are starting to play good ball again. It's gonna be an interesting 2nd half. Naturally I'd like to win the East and not have to worry about the wild card, but I'll still take the wild card just the same.

Mets definitely don't want to face the Phillies in the playoffs.
  • Options
    GonblottGonblott Posts: 1,951 ✭✭
    Good luck for both the Mets and the Phills.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    I didnt know they still played baseball in Philly.

Did they get uniforms yet?

• Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Mets are playing well and the Phils are playing well. There is one difference. Head to head the Phils own the Mets. All I have to say to Mets fan is:

Say hello to the couch and a cold beer. Phils will be playing in October, and the Mets will be playing with themselves.

JS
  • Options

<< <i>I didnt know they still played baseball in Philly. >>

Since 1883. We've been around for a long time not like some late comers which have only been around since the 1960's. image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I didnt know they still played baseball in Philly. >>

Since 1883. We've been around for a long time not like some late comers which have only been around since the 1960's. image >>

Not like those Marlins that have won 2 World Series in the same time that we have 1 playoff appearance! BUt the true fans are hoping this is the YEAR!!!
    I just hope the pitching holds out!!! We might have to get LA (Larry Anderson) out of the broadcast booth to pitch!imageimage
    succesful deals :richtree, Bosox1976, Bkritz, mknez, SOM, cardcounter2, ddfamf, cougar701, mrG, Griffins : thanks All

Go Phillies
  • Options
    Say hello to the couch and a cold beer. Phils will be playing in October, and the Mets will be playing with themselves.

A witty statement (at least better than the usual from you), too bad it's sheer fantasy, though...

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Did Marlin fan just check in with some smack or did I get bit by a flea?

LMK
    JS
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Mets are playing better, I wonder what Pedro will bring once he suits up again? It should be fun for all of you guys.
  • Options
    Just because the Braves have scored 1 run in the last 4 games doesnt mean we are done! Wait till this interleague crap is over and we will be back.
    My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Just because the Braves have scored 1 run in the last 4 games doesnt mean we are done! Wait till this interleague crap is over and we will be back. >>

Seriously, what is up with Andruw Jones?
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Seriously, what is up with Andruw Jones? >>

Well, he is a free agent at the end of this season, which makes me wonder if he's pressing.

Of course, as a Scott Boras client there are probably only 3-4 teams who would seriously talk to him.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Just because the Braves have scored 1 run in the last 4 games doesnt mean we are done! Wait till this interleague crap is over and we will be back. >>

Seriously, what is up with Andruw Jones? >>

I have no idea. I wish he wouldnt swing so frickin hard when he is in a slump and just hit some line drives. He has been striking out or weakly popping out. Its not all him though, Chipper gets hurt a lot still, Franceour has been slumping, Mccann has been off, Escobar has not been fielding to well, Hudson has cooled off, Mike Gonzalez is out for the season, we just need to get our act together all around.

imagey
  • Options
    Braves!

just kidding....
    imageimageimage

• Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    looks like another win will be under their belt in another hour or so!
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭

Let's keep kicking Cincinnati butt then bring on the Mets this weekend!

Welcome to Philly baby!
  • Options
    Ryan Howard just went yard!!! BAM BAM BAM!

Funny, Grif is having a great year and Howard an "average" year, yet Grif has only 2 more HR's than Howard. This guy is setting it up again for the
    HR contest and then to carry the Phils in the second half.

JS
  • Options
    Should be a great weekend series against the Mets. Would love to get out of it 3 - 1 but the Mets are going to be looking for payback from the last series. Very tough to consecutively beat a good team in a series. I wouldn't be unhappy with 2 - 2.

• Options
    metalmikemetalmike Posts: 2,152 ✭✭
    yea the Phillies did great tonight cough.....what is their record this year against lefties? NOT GOOD. image
    USN 1977-1987 * ALL cards are commons unless auto'd. Buying Britneycards. NWO for life.
  • Options
    13-0, id say our offense is back. Marlins get it next.

imagey
  • Options

<< <i>I didnt know they still played baseball in Philly.

image >>

The guy that lives in the shadow of Tropicana Field is questioning Philly baseball history?

The Tampa Yankees A ball squad could beat the Devil Rays. image
  • Options

<< <i>

image >>

The guy that lives in the shadow of Tropicana Field is questioning Philly baseball history?

The Tampa Yankees A ball squad could beat the Devil Rays. image >>

Keith, surely you cant be making fun of the franchise that brought us the "Hit Show". Oppossing pitchers melted in fear of that lineup. Jose Canseco, Fred Mcgriff, Vinny Castilla and Greg Vaughn surely would bring multi-championships to the bay area image

By the way, I am also about 20 minutes from Ray-Jay, but Im not claiming the Yucs either image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

image >>

Keith, surely you cant be making fun of the franchise that brought us the "Hit Show". Oppossing pitchers melted in fear of that lineup. Jose Canseco, Fred Mcgriff, Vinny Castilla and Greg Vaughn surely would bring multi-championships to the bay area image

By the way, I am also about 20 minutes from Ray-Jay, but Im not claiming the Yucs either image >>

All kidding aside the Rays actually have a good organization but don't get the attendance to support a huge payroll. The team is often exciting to watch. Some young guys destined to be stars.

When or if MLB decides to cut a team or two, one of those will most likely be in FL. The first answer would be the Rays but I think that would be a mistake. The Marlins can't figure out where to build a new field, and even when they do attendance will not increase. The area just does not support baseball. Tampa/St. Pete however is growing and has a more sports oriented population.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

image >>

By the way, I am also about 20 minutes from Ray-Jay, but Im not claiming the Yucs either image >>

All kidding aside the Rays actually have a good organization but don't get the attendance to support a huge payroll. The team is often exciting to watch. Some young guys destined to be stars.

When or if MLB decides to cut a team or two, one of those will most likely be in FL. The first answer would be the Rays but I think that would be a mistake. The Marlins can't figure out where to build a new field, and even when they do attendance will not increase. The area just does not support baseball. Tampa/St. Pete however is growing and has a more sports oriented population. >>

Yeah but the Yucs are still horrible image
  • Options

<< <i>Should be a great weekend series against the Mets. Would love to get out of it 3 - 1 but the Mets are going to be looking for payback from the last series. Very tough to consecutively beat a good team in a series. I wouldn't be unhappy with 2 - 2. >>

Damit - just fell a little short in the first game. I knew this was gonna be a tough series for the Phils. I'll GLADLY be happy getting out of this series 2 - 2. We'll just have to go by the Pets sometime in July or August, that's all.
  • Options
    We'll just have to go by the Pets sometime in July or August, that's all.

Yeah, Stevey Boy, just keep telling yourself that, and eventually, you may begin to believe it, too! image

• Options
    Steve, you may want to edit the title of this thread to read ,

Say "Hello to the now 3rd place Phillies

• Options
    Steve, you may want to edit the title of this thread to read ,

Say "Hello to the now 3rd place Phillies

Silly fans are used to scaling back their expectations when reality sets in. This season is no different. image

• Options
    I had a bad feeling about this series.

I edited the title. image
  • Options

<< <i>I had a bad feeling about this series.

I edited the title. image >>

Now I feel bad for saying something.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I had a bad feeling about this series.

I edited the title. image >>

Now I feel bad for saying something.

image >>

I'll get even. I just might e-mail lawnmowermanwife and tell her you have feelings for Jim Carrey! image
  • Options

<< <i>

I'll get even. I just might e-mail lawnmowermanwife and tell her you have feelings for Jim Carrey! image >>

Jim Carrey??

• Options
    Phillies need to win this game today. I think they will - no problem.
  • Options
    Two Met HRs and the first isn't over.

F'ing Gillick better be on the phone and not stop until they pick up at least one decent starting pitcher. image

Perhaps the young pitchers will settle down but it doesn't look good, and waiting for Lieber and Garcia is not the answer.

• Options
    good God, who are these guys pitching for the Phillies? Hamels is now the vet of the staff???

Going to need some runs in this game.

JS
  • Options
    3 KO's and two HR's in his first major league inning - I goota imagine that never happened before.

This game is not looking good right now.
  • Options
    4 outs - 4 KO's - the problem is the other stuff.
  • Options
    Good D

This game ain't over yet even though Pets fans probably think it is.
  • Options
    F* the stinkin' Pets - I'M STILL PREDICTING A PHILLIES WIN TODAY!!!
  • Options
    ATTABOY - ONE HR TIES THIS GAME UP!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Load em' up baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Comeon Hobbs!
  • Options
    That's gettin' two back!
  • Options
    GonblottGonblott Posts: 1,951 ✭✭

<< <i>F* the stinkin' Pets - I'M STILL PREDICTING A PHILLIES WIN TODAY!!! >>

Overconfidence will be your downfall.
  • Options
    Howard owns the Mets! New ball game!

JS
  • Options

<< <i>Howard owns the Mets! New ball game!

JS >>

New ball game, same result image

• Options
    I love it when Steve and the rest of the unfortunate Silly fans get all worked up only to watch the Sillies fail miserably again. You'd think by now they'd have learned their lesson by now!

Can't you guys even take one game out of FOUR? Man, even I thought you were better than this.

Mets Power rules the day. The Silly pitchers must be suffering from whiplash watching all those balls flying out of the yard! And at home, too, no less!! Pitiful!

• Options
    Bad day.
  • Options
    metalmikemetalmike Posts: 2,152 ✭✭
    looks like Lohse to the Phillies- the DEADS are out of it. The Sillies need pitching bad!
    USN 1977-1987 * ALL cards are commons unless auto'd. Buying Britneycards. NWO for life.