Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Any one bought from the Cheap slab Store

EdscoinEdscoin Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭
If so what kind of experiences have you had. Are they a good place to buy or a good place to stay away from?
I was looking around their site and they seem to have some nice stuff at reasonable prices.
ED

Comments

• Options
    zeus135zeus135 Posts: 1,043
    I've dealt with them, and was completely satisfied. They are now offering pictures of most of their slabs, but not all the last time I checked. If the pictures today were only better quality, I feel they'd have more business.

My humble '63 mint registry set, not much, but it's mine!
  • Options
    I've dealt with them on more than one occasion, they're pretty good. Their prices are very good as well. Overall, not a bad outfit.
    To support LordM's European Trip, click here!
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Bought from them several times. No problems.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭
    I've ordered from them once. Good price and quick shipping. I'd order from them aagain
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    They seem to have mostly PCI slabs, but they don't try to sell them for PCGS prices, either. I've never used them, but they have one PCI coin I'm pretty tempted by, except that they don't show the reverse. It's a gold-label PCI MS-63 they are selling for basically MS-60 to MS-61 money, and if it's a very nice 55 to 58 -- as I think it seems to be based on the obverse image -- that would be a fair price, IMO. It would get cracked out into an album, anyway, to replaced a somewhat corroded example I currently have in that hole.

• Options
    CrackoutCrackout Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've bought a few items from them - including a 1921 issue of The Numismatist. Always had a good experience with them. They send me email updates with new items as well.
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alan & Dave are both good guys,,,,, you have nothing to worry about when dealing with them. image

GrandAm image
    GrandAm :)
  • Options
    same as above. Smooth
  • Options
    OneCentOneCent Posts: 3,561
    Anybody have a Link to the Store?

imageimage
    Collector of Early 20th Century U.S. Coinage.
    ANA Member R-3147111
  • Options
    ED
  • Options
    RampageRampage Posts: 9,418 ✭✭✭✭
    I've bought from them one time and plan to do so again very shortly. I had a very good experience from my first purchase of several coins. I have their website bookmarked as well. I've been searching their website to look for the perfect coin, and I think I found it. Now, I just need to buy it. image
  • Options
    great guys, no problems ever.
    "Wars are really ugly! They're dirty
    and they're cold.
    I don't want nobody to shoot me in the foxhole."
    Mary

Best Franklin Website
  • Options
    Thanks everyone, They have a couple coins I was looking at. So I guess I will put my order in.
    ED
  • Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    I bought a couple things from them a few years ago. No probs.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options
    SciotoScioto Posts: 955
    image Good people to do business with! Very happy with all purchases from them!
    GO AHEAD! I DOUBLE-DOG DARE YOU TO RATE ME A 1!
  • Options
    DHeathDHeath Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭
    Ditto. Nice guys.
    Developing theory is what we are meant to do as academic researchers
    and it sets us apart from practitioners and consultants. Gregor
  • Options
    Newcomp103Newcomp103 Posts: 2,223
    I have not purchased form them, but have sent and received emails concerning different coins they were offering...very good communication...they even took a picture of a coin that did not have one prior.
  • Options
    marmacmarmac Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭
    not for a few years, but previous transactions were great.
  • Options
    I've recently ordered from them seven times. In all seven instances, my order was shipped the same day. I always order after midnight, but as late as 8:00 AM PST. Every order arrived safely in two days, holders in pristine condition (they were coins submitted by Cheap Slab Store). I highly recommend them!
  • Options
    astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alan and Dave are great...you should have no worries dealing with them. The only thing to think about is that their online inventory does not remove coins that have been sold in real time. So, you can actually purchase a coin that was sold a short time before (this has happened to me a few times).

Lane
    Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • Options
    They even sometimes have samplesimage Not a bad place if you are looking for cheap slabs.

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    Always a positive experience with them. image
    Looking to buy Morgans in ACG, INS, IGA, Old PCI photo, and Hannes Tulving holders.
  • Options
    MrSpudMrSpud Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭
    Me and MrsSpud have both bought slabs from them on-line with no problems. We quit buying from them though after an experience at a coin show. They had a table where they were selling off their rejects cut out of proof and mint sets. The coins were really cheap and we bought some for albums at a show with no problems. The next time we went we were looking for some toned Roosevelts for MrsSpud's raw toned Roosie album. They asked what we were looking for and we said toned Roosevelts and they pulled out a paper bag full of obviously AT'd proof coins. There was 2 guys behind their table. The guy talking to us didn't pull the bag out at first when we said we were looking for toners, but the other guy said for him to show us the ones in the bag. The one guy behind the table was very reluctant to pull out the bag of coins, making excuses like he didn't know if he was going to sell those and they haven't been priced but he pulled it out when the other guy insisted. We stopped buying them after that. Still, like I said, we never had a problem buying their slabbed coins or even the raw white coins they dump for cheap at shows.
  • Options

<< <i>Bought from them several times. No problems.

Russ, NCNE >>

Ditto....no issues and on occasion I have gotten a nice bargain for a toned coin image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file